Author Topic: FAU pregame  (Read 2017 times)

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:12:57 pm
FAU went from losing to Charlotte last season to a fringe top 25 team. Coaching matters and we need new blood next season.

FAU Connoisseur

• Walk On
Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:48:49 pm
Hi Guys!  Looking forward to a good game.  I am thinking about driving up for the game.  Any suggestions about where to park, things I should check out?

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:00:58 pm
Hi Guys!  Looking forward to a good game.  I am thinking about driving up for the game.  Any suggestions about where to park, things I should check out?

clt says welcome friend. Best bet is to park at the Kohlís near the stadium. They donít care.

Also, buy the 200 level tix. Much better view.

FAU Connoisseur

• Walk On
Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 08:16:14 am

clt says welcome friend. Best bet is to park at the Kohlís near the stadium. They donít care.

Great, I think I might have parked there last time and walked up.  I came in from the open side of your stadium.

FAUOwlsley

• Walk On
Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 08:31:15 am
I cannot make it to Charlotte for the game, but I'm hoping the Niners decide to get out of the way of the Lane Train.  No funny business. 

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 08:46:35 am

Great, I think I might have parked there last time and walked up.  I came in from the open side of your stadium.
Just a reminder that Kohl's no longer occupies that space after relocating to Concord Mills. So they're definitely not going to care!

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 09:31:41 am
I cannot make it to Charlotte for the game, but I'm hoping the Niners decide to get out of the way of the Lane Train.  No funny business.

Oh you guys are good, Charlotte quit. Good luck to you in the CUSA championship.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:25:03 am
We should have a running clock for the second half maybe the whole game.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 10:42:00 am
Hard to believe we beat them last year and now they are going to play for the CUSA championship. Sad for us.    :-[
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.Ē
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 10:48:16 am
Hard to believe we beat them last year and now they are going to play for the CUSA championship. Sad for us.    :-[

clt says that is the lane train.

Niner Cum Laude

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 04:24:10 pm
This is the only game on our home schedule that I has had me hyped all season long about seeing the one and only Lane Kiffin! As a person who was in high school in Cola, SC during the time Kiffin was the HC at Tennessee and he made the comments about " If you go to South Carolina, you gonna pump gas for the rest of your life" to Alshon Jeffery during his recruitment, I always loved this guy.  Also, as a Tampa Bay Bucs fan I gotta thank his pops Monty for the Tampa 2 Defense and a Super Bowl Championship in 2002! 

I'm a Niner til I die, but it might be a sight to see if Kiffin and FAU runs it up this weekend.  What the highest amount of points scored against us at home in our program history?

Run49er

• Chancellor

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:55:23 pm
Sun-sentinel.com: FAU coach Lane Kiffin gaining more confidence in quarterback Jason Driskel

Sun-sentinel.com: FAU's record-setting statistical season could improve recruiting
media cracks me up...

his recruiting isn't going to improve.  He will take first job in P5 thats offered.  Will have that offer by New Years or 1 year from now
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 08:43:50 am
Sun-sentinel.com: FAU coach Lane Kiffin gaining more confidence in quarterback Jason Driskel

Sun-sentinel.com: FAU's record-setting statistical season could improve recruiting
media cracks me up...

his recruiting isn't going to improve.  He will take first job in P5 thats offered.  Will have that offer by New Years or 1 year from now

All of you assume that he is jumping up, but the guy has been an NFL coach and a high level college coach.  He can talk his BS and do whatever he wants at FAU and they will treat him like a king.  Why would he give that up to deal with the crap that he had to deal with at Tennessee or the Raiders?

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 09:16:54 am

media cracks me up...

All of you assume that he is jumping up, but the guy has been an NFL coach and a high level college coach.  He can talk his BS and do whatever he wants at FAU and they will treat him like a king.  Why would he give that up to deal with the crap that he had to deal with at Tennessee or the Raiders?

Nicole Auerbach from The Athletic was on WFNZ's Primetime the other day and she said she does not see Kiffin going anywhere for awhile. He can dominate this league. Meanwhile, we have the most inept Chancellor/AD pairing in the country that wants sports to die and doesn't care about winning as long as we recruit the "right kind of kids."

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 09:20:11 am
I don't think he leaves for a while. I think a P5 school will still be skeptical because of his past.

309er

• Walk On
Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 11:55:11 am
I want to lose this game 100-0. Really hope Lane decides to just run it up. Shaping up to be an embarrassing weekend for Charlotte, which is what this AD deserves.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 12:35:08 pm
I want to lose this game 100-0. Really hope Lane decides to just run it up. Shaping up to be an embarrassing weekend for Charlotte, which is what this AD deserves.

That's where I'm at now.

I don't want the program (basketball or football) to look bad enough for coaching changes....I want it to be embarrassing enough to make AD changes.
The sad part is....the history of losing SHOULD already be embarrassing enough....we just need some final nails to close the stubborn coffin.

I want the nails.....ASAP
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Run49er

• Chancellor
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 07:03:42 pm by Run49er »

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 07:45:48 pm
Since FAU plays in the championship game next weekend will they use this game as a bye week and rest their starters after a few series?

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 09:04:30 pm
Since FAU plays in the championship game next weekend will they use this game as a bye week and rest their starters after a few series?

Won't matter. If they do, we still lose by 30 and may not score.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.Ē
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

FAU Connoisseur

• Walk On
Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 07:28:58 am

Is this the shopping center on Tryon that is right across the entrance closest to the stadium?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 08:10:27 am

Is this the shopping center on Tryon that is right across the entrance closest to the stadium?

CLT is sometimes not always the most helpful!  You can park on campus in the cone deck which is $20.  Kohls is across 29 from stadium.  If you park in Cone deck walk over to the Normbulance.  You are welcome to kick a few back with us.
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos