Author Topic: What is Brad Lambertís fate  (Read 4600 times)

_BL_Niner

• Walk On
on: November 23, 2017, 12:24:03 pm
What will Judy do?

If I had to guess heíll be given one more year and then will be fired after inevitably winning 2 games next year. :(

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 12:35:20 pm
Delete this poll.  Don't give AD ideas there's more than 1 choice
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:45:32 pm
Iím worried they will hold on to Brad for another year too. If not, he needs to be fired as soon as possible, so the incoming coach can put together a respectable recruiting class on short notice.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 02:37:00 pm
He isnít head coach material. He has never had a .500 season let alone a winning one. We played FCS, D2, and D3 schools our first two seasons. How many coaches after five seasons go 1-11 and it is even a question what direction to go?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 03:51:07 pm
I'm really 50:50 on believing he will be coming back or not.  On one side everything about this season says he should be let go.  Everything about our AD says he gets another year.
Mahna Mahna

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 04:49:51 pm
I'm really 50:50 on believing he will be coming back or not.  On one side everything about this season says he should be let go.  Everything about our AD says he gets another year.
I agree with this, any normal school would fire him for horrible performance. The scary part is that might mean we keep him  :confused:
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 05:06:24 pm
I agree with this, any normal school would fire him for horrible performance. The scary part is that might mean we keep him  :confused:

Let's hope the AD does not see this poll and claim those thinking he will be given another are really voting for him to be given another year.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

_BL_Niner

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 06:33:50 pm

Let's hope the AD does not see this poll and claim those thinking he will be given another are really voting for him to be given another year.

This scared me :eek:. I changed the poll to reflect this 8)

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 07:20:24 pm
The current leadership in place, Judy Rose/CHP, have  made it clear sadly that results is not the most important part in one keeping their job. So, there is no way Lambert (or Judy) should keep their job but I would be kinda surprised if they fire Lambert.

...if Price has another bad year, Judy not losing her job is mind boggling. There should be an independent audit of funds.

Norm88

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 10:18:59 pm
Would vote absolutely yes if it wasnít Judy in charge of the next hire. No confidence she can improve the situation.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 08:48:19 am
Would vote absolutely yes if it wasnít Judy in charge of the next hire. No confidence she can improve the situation.

This. I almost want him to stay on, assuming Judy will be gone next year. But that is a HUGE if...

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #11 on: November 24, 2017, 10:12:31 am
Any school that has an AD with half a brain would fire him this year. Two 10+ loss seasons speak for themselves. However, we have Judy who cares more about "doing things the right way" and being in title IX compliance than actually winning on the field.
I want Brad gone, he hasn't worked and if he stays on another year it could further destroy recruiting and make our next hire even worse because who would want the job?
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

ice_cold49er

• Sophomore
Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 10:34:35 am
I truly believe that the most that we can hope for is a new offensive coordinator, but it will probably be just a new assistant coach on the offensive side of the ball to replace Mullen (who I would think would resign), because Lambert will leave Adkins in that spot (of course saying the Adkins needs time to develop his own scheme and plays).  I don't have any faith in Judy to make a change at this point.

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 05:31:30 pm
Lambert stays because of the #1 reason in Judy's mind.  He does not embarrass her off the field.  Wins and losses do not matter.  I would say the secondary reason is because he does promote the University more than most coaches there.  That takes a lot of the weight from her or so she thinks.

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 09:14:39 pm
I just don't see how he stays at this point.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 10:39:35 pm
I see no way he stays; at the same time I cant see Judy making a change
so I assume we will just drop football

Niner Cum Laude

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 12:44:50 pm
We need to pull an Arkansas and after Lambert is done shaking hands after the game; the AD needs to tell him on the field that he is no longer the coach.  Need to get our name in this coaching carousel.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #17 on: November 25, 2017, 05:02:05 pm
Impressed anyone showed up today.  Time to move on. 

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 05:26:36 pm

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

akjones989

• Walk On
Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 05:38:58 pm
Hope this is wrong:

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/934547145255981056

it better be wrong

Itís not. Left the game at halftime to go watch the Badgers play. I know weíre not going to be playing for a national title. Iím more than fine with that. However, I cannot continue to give my time, money, and attention to an organization that continues to accept being below average. Itís just embarrassing at a certain point.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 05:42:33 pm
Storm the bastille!

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 05:57:24 pm
If this is true, please consider cutting all support of the program. Donít buy season tickets, donít buy single game tickets, donít donate money to athletics.

I know some of you have a good bit of money tied up into FSLs, but please let the school know you are considering giving them up if there isnít a change made. This is simply unacceptable. Nothing about this program deserves support.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 06:03:48 pm
Maybe itís a money game. We canít afford to fire and hire a coach. Rose made a bad hire in lambert and weíre stuck with him for the remainder of contract. Sucks, but would be only feasible explanation. Obviously performance does not warrant keeping him another minute.

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #24 on: November 25, 2017, 06:16:36 pm
Maybe itís a money game. We canít afford to fire and hire a coach. Rose made a bad hire in lambert and weíre stuck with him for the remainder of contract. Sucks, but would be only feasible explanation. Obviously performance does not warrant keeping him another minute.

Weíre 3rd in the CUSA when it comes to revenue.

If thatís the case, Judy is as bad as managing students money as she is at managing an athletic department.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos