Author Topic: What is Brad Lambertís fate  (Read 4622 times)

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 06:21:38 pm
Maybe itís a money game. We canít afford to fire and hire a coach. Rose made a bad hire in lambert and weíre stuck with him for the remainder of contract. Sucks, but would be only feasible explanation. Obviously performance does not warrant keeping him another minute.

How many people arenít going to buy tickets next season? How many people are going to pull their donations? If Lambert gets an assistants job that lessen what we owe him. We cannot afford to keep him.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #26 on: November 25, 2017, 06:33:06 pm
If this is true, please consider cutting all support of the program. Donít buy season tickets, donít buy single game tickets, donít donate money to athletics.

I know some of you have a good bit of money tied up into FSLs, but please let the school know you are considering giving them up if there isnít a change made. This is simply unacceptable. Nothing about this program deserves support.
If this is true this is exactly what I'll be doing.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #27 on: November 25, 2017, 06:46:06 pm
The first test for Judy's replacement, is allowing for all expired FSL's to be renewed free of charge.

If they fail this test, we should thank them for saving us the money.

I'm certainly not renewing tickets next year if Lambert is retained.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

NinerAl

• Freshman
Reply #28 on: November 25, 2017, 07:37:10 pm

The first test for Judy's replacement, is allowing for all expired FSL's to be renewed free of charge.

If they fail this test, we should thank them for saving us the money.

I'm certainly not renewing tickets next year if Lambert is retained.
I was deciding how to bring up the subject of not renewing tix next year if Lambert is retained to my wife.  She has seen my joy/ support from football being announced and my eagerness to purchase 6 PSLs on the same day being reduced to apathy towards the program I couldn't have imagined, so she won't be surprised.  We only attended 3 games this year, and almost didn't leave our tailgate against

I can't help but feel like I have betrayed my family by putting our resources in such inept hands.  I feel guilty that I actively recruited many others in my UNC Charlotte social circle to do the same. 

If the next AD does have the foresight to allow the renewed as itsbraille49 mentioned then it will definitely warrant another chance for us. If not, I guess we'll remain casual fans and throw our support further behind the University's our kids attend/ will attend.

Man...... this sucks!

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #29 on: November 25, 2017, 07:54:33 pm
You need to be emailing them that you will not be renewing.

They need to be made aware.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #30 on: November 25, 2017, 08:13:34 pm
Just sent my email to bot and chp

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 09:14:13 pm
Hope this is wrong:

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/934547145255981056

Coach Lambert is making a ton of money without having to actually you know, ummm... WIN football games.

I'm sure there are ton of coaches out there that are nice guys that would lose for a lot less money than what Lambert is being paid.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 09:17:47 pm by cibik02 »

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 09:14:30 pm
clt heard that today was Lambertís last game as HC for the 49ers.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 09:23:10 pm
Hope this is wrong:

"In what I might refer to as most surprising note we received todayÖword that Brad Lambert, who just completed season 5 at Charlotte (1-11 this year, 7-29 last 3) is expected to return"

While one of these must be true, I have my doubts that anyone knows--even clt.  As notoriously closed-mouthed as our AD is, nobody will know until the press release.
#unc-CHeatingPays

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 09:29:33 pm
Hope this is wrong:

"In what I might refer to as most surprising note we received todayÖword that Brad Lambert, who just completed season 5 at Charlotte (1-11 this year, 7-29 last 3) is expected to return"

While one of these must be true, I have my doubts that anyone knows--even clt.  As notoriously closed-mouthed as our AD is, nobody will know until the press release.

clt did predict that we would have football.

clt didnít do well on his Loweís stadium projections.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #36 on: November 25, 2017, 10:09:22 pm
This is really pretty simple, all we have to do is go independent and play nothing but teams that are worse than us next year.  Checking the CBS 130 rankings I think our schedule could look like this.

San Jose State
UTEP
San Jose State
UTEP
San Jose State
UTEP
San Jose State
UTEP
San Jose State
UTEP
San Jose State
UTEP

Is it against the rules to play a team six times in the same year?
#unc-CHeatingPays

chidave

• Junior
Reply #37 on: November 25, 2017, 10:17:46 pm
Donít think we would have made a bowl with that schedule.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #38 on: November 26, 2017, 09:39:22 am
Just saying:

It's inevitable that we win more games next year.  We return 19 starters, we get several red shirts. Can't see many grad transfers coming here. We will have a different offense (at the very least different playcaller) regardless and that alone will have a positive impact. Brady Pope could walk in here and start. I don't expect him to be good, but I do expect something other than 16 second drives that lose 5 yards and punt.

Fordham is significantly worse than A&T.

App is still miles ahead of us, but will be breaking in a new QB, so they are a wild card. They could also be replacing satterfield. So who knows.

Umass has a really good QB and hung with miss st this year. I'd say they are an average CUSA team.

Tenn will slaughter us.

In conference, I do think we improve while many of our peers get worse.

My point is keeping brad next year could be signing ourselves up for at least 2 more. The good news about that is I'd be shocked if Judy and Phil are still here at that point.
#bus1

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #39 on: November 26, 2017, 11:24:21 am
What can any of us really expect?
They announced the crowd at 8,000 yesterday when there was MAYBE 2000 there tops. They closed concession stands because they knew no one would show up.
We are at a school where winning is not prioritized. They care more about title IX compliance and making sure that they rake in the student fees to the tune of over $800 a semester.
Judy is so out of touch with the students, fan base and alumni that it isn't even funny, but what should we expect from someone who has been here for 42 years, 27 as AD and is an at will employee taking home a fat paycheck no matter what happens.
I am meeting with a friend on campus to attmept to organize a Fire Judy protest on campus with students, alumni and fans and will get more on that as we organize it. Sadly, not sure enough students care to show up to something like that.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #40 on: November 26, 2017, 11:26:47 am
We return 19 starters, we get several red shirts.
It's from a 1-11 team, but this HAS to be attractive to a prospective coach.

It's time to pull the trigger when the cabinets are full for once.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #41 on: November 26, 2017, 12:36:10 pm
Good news is we have 19 starters returning, bad news is we have 19 starters returning that could only win 1 game.

Give me a new staff that builds big time relationships with Charlotte metro area high schools and has an eye for QB talent!!

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #42 on: November 26, 2017, 01:14:08 pm
"When evaluating our head coaches, we have been very clear in our four-prong approach: integrity, academics, performance and fan affinity advancement," Arizona State vice president of athletics Ray Anderson said in a statement. "From the moment he arrived in Tempe, Todd helped change the culture and emphasized the student in student-athlete here at Arizona State, elevating the program to unprecedented heights in the classroom and strong citizenship across the board.

"However, our athletic department, university and community expect our football program to compete on the field for Pac-12 titles, be competitively consistent and qualify to participate in major bowl games on a regular basis. In evaluating Todd's body of work over a four-year period, it became clear that a change is necessary."
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #43 on: November 26, 2017, 01:19:52 pm
"When evaluating our head coaches, we have been very clear in our four-prong approach: integrity, academics, performance and fan affinity advancement," Arizona State vice president of athletics Ray Anderson said in a statement. "From the moment he arrived in Tempe, Todd helped change the culture and emphasized the student in student-athlete here at Arizona State, elevating the program to unprecedented heights in the classroom and strong citizenship across the board.

"However, our athletic department, university and community expect our football program to compete on the field for Pac-12 titles, be competitively consistent and qualify to participate in major bowl games on a regular basis. In evaluating Todd's body of work over a four-year period, it became clear that a change is necessary."
this is how you speak if you run a program

WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

NewNiner

• Senior
Reply #44 on: November 26, 2017, 01:27:45 pm

Also note the clarity in their "four-prong approach."
Hail Charlotte 49ers and Hark Upon the Gale!

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #45 on: November 26, 2017, 01:30:49 pm

Also note the clarity in their "four-prong approach."

Same article:
"Losing records over more than one year in any sport are unacceptable," Arizona president Michael Crow said before this season began.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #46 on: November 26, 2017, 01:32:59 pm
They announced the crowd at 8,000 yesterday when there was MAYBE 2000 there tops. They closed concession stands because they knew no one would show up.
We are at a school where winning is not prioritized. They care more about title IX compliance and making sure that they rake in the student fees to the tune of over $800 a semester.
Judy is so out of touch with the students, fan base and alumni that it isn't even funny, but what should we expect from someone who has been here for 42 years, 27 as AD and is an at will employee taking home a fat paycheck no matter what happens.
I am meeting with a friend on campus to attmept to organize a Fire Judy protest on campus with students, alumni and fans and will get more on that as we organize it. Sadly, not sure enough students care to show up to something like that.
.  Solid post except for the attendance part. Your way off. Their WERE 7-8000 there. ...that's bad enough don't exaggerate how bad.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #47 on: November 26, 2017, 01:38:43 pm
.  Solid post except for the attendance part. Your way off. Their WERE 7-8000 there. ...that's bad enough don't exaggerate how bad.

The weather was really nice for November yesterday. That helped attendance.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #48 on: November 26, 2017, 01:40:34 pm

https://twitter.com/ToddDrye/status/934498318855688192
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #49 on: November 26, 2017, 01:50:00 pm
must have given out invisibility cloaks to the first 5000 fans.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos