Author Topic: What is Brad Lambertís fate  (Read 4623 times)

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #50 on: November 26, 2017, 02:28:37 pm
What can any of us really expect?
They announced the crowd at 8,000 yesterday when there was MAYBE 2000 there tops. They closed concession stands because they knew no one would show up.
We are at a school where winning is not prioritized. They care more about title IX compliance and making sure that they rake in the student fees to the tune of over $800 a semester.
Judy is so out of touch with the students, fan base and alumni that it isn't even funny, but what should we expect from someone who has been here for 42 years, 27 as AD and is an at will employee taking home a fat paycheck no matter what happens.
I am meeting with a friend on campus to attmept to organize a Fire Judy protest on campus with students, alumni and fans and will get more on that as we organize it. Sadly, not sure enough students care to show up to something like that.
.  Solid post except for the attendance part. Your way off. Their WERE 7-8000 there. ...that's bad enough don't exaggerate how bad.

No way lol. That's the number of tickets sold. Most people I know who have tickets didn't go, including my entire tailgating crew. That's 10 sold tickets that went empty alone. The pics make it look like 2,000 tops in attendance.

NLP

Reply #51 on: November 26, 2017, 02:49:21 pm
The alumni side, which is opposite what you see on TV, was mostly full. It was a poor crowd but saying 2000 total is absurd.

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #52 on: November 26, 2017, 02:54:04 pm
Agree that is a bad shot.  There may not have been 8,000 but the crowd was larger than I expected until about halftime.  At no point did I think we had a shot to win.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #53 on: November 26, 2017, 03:05:27 pm
They announced the crowd at 8,000 yesterday when there was MAYBE 2000 there tops. They closed concession stands because they knew no one would show up.
We are at a school where winning is not prioritized. They care more about title IX compliance and making sure that they rake in the student fees to the tune of over $800 a semester.
Judy is so out of touch with the students, fan base and alumni that it isn't even funny, but what should we expect from someone who has been here for 42 years, 27 as AD and is an at will employee taking home a fat paycheck no matter what happens.
I am meeting with a friend on campus to attmept to organize a Fire Judy protest on campus with students, alumni and fans and will get more on that as we organize it. Sadly, not sure enough students care to show up to something like that.
.  Solid post except for the attendance part. Your way off. Their WERE 7-8000 there. ...that's bad enough don't exaggerate how bad.

No way lol. That's the number of tickets sold. Most people I know who have tickets didn't go, including my entire tailgating crew. That's 10 sold tickets that went empty alone. The pics make it look like 2,000 tops in attendance.
.   I was there. You are wrong.

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #54 on: November 26, 2017, 03:14:47 pm

.   I was there. You are wrong.

I guess either a) every single person who bought tickets showed up, which I know isn't the case, or b) the AD decided to report attendance based on turnstiles instead of tickets sold, which would make it the only college in the country to do that.

There might have been more than 2000 people there, but there wasn't 7,000+ in attendance.

8330 reported attendance.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:18:01 pm by Ninercentral »

Florida49er2009

• Walk On
Reply #55 on: November 26, 2017, 03:16:38 pm
as someone who bought fsl's to support the program even though i live 4 states away and only attended 1 game a season i hope judy makes the change. not only did i purchase fsl i have paid to watch the games on my computer. I can't support lambert staying. it isn't even fun to watch the games. the team isn't competitive at all. the program needs a major coaching overhaul. My only worry is that we might not have the money to buyout lamberts contract and enough to hire a competitive coach. i know they are paying kiffin round a million a year at FAU.

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #56 on: November 26, 2017, 03:19:18 pm
as someone who bought fsl's to support the program even though i live 4 states away and only attended 1 game a season i hope judy makes the change. not only did i purchase fsl i have paid to watch the games on my computer. I can't support lambert staying. it isn't even fun to watch the games. the team isn't competitive at all. the program needs a major coaching overhaul. My only worry is that we might not have the money to buyout lamberts contract and enough to hire a competitive coach. i know they are paying kiffin round a million a year at FAU.

We have the money. We have the #73 budget in all of NCAA. It's all about how Judy decides to spend it.

Florida49er2009

• Walk On
Reply #57 on: November 26, 2017, 03:28:56 pm

We have the money. We have the #73 budget in all of NCAA. It's all about how Judy decides to spend it.
damn i didn't know that. In that case SABAN to Charlotte!!

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #58 on: November 26, 2017, 03:38:20 pm
To be simple, let's just keep it consistent with what the school reports.  Yesterday brought the season average to 11,903.  That's a 2289 per game DROP.

It's a 3638 per game drop from the opening season, or 23.4%.

Let's assume that those break 75/25 toward paying customers.

0.75*3638= 2728.5 x 6 games = 16371 x $30/ticket = $491130
Imagine they break 3 per car at a $15 parking fee.
3638/3 * 6 * 15 = $109140

Total parking and tickets LOST:  $600,270
Brad Lambert Salary:  $625,000

Before a single concession is sold.  Not including any value that a full stadium would bring.  Brad Lambert has basically LOST his salary for the program over 5 seasons.

Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #59 on: November 26, 2017, 03:40:17 pm

I really don't care about excuses and I'm checked out on Niner fandom til major leadership changes and a course correction... But, gross revenue isn't everything. I suspect that charlotte's construction bond debt service is higher than many peers due to all the newer facilities, especially JR stadium.

However, in mitigation, the initial SAC (Halton) bonds are now 22 or so years old. Those should be effectively retired soon. All of this detail will appear in the audited financials in the notes section under long term debt. Once the SAC debt is paid off, it should free up a reasonable chunk of cash flow.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:31:48 pm by NinerAdvocate »

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #60 on: November 26, 2017, 03:45:30 pm
To be simple, let's just keep it consistent with what the school reports.  Yesterday brought the season average to 11,903.  That's a 2289 per game DROP.

It's a 3638 per game drop from the opening season, or 23.4%.

Let's assume that those break 75/25 toward paying customers.

0.75*3638= 2728.5 x 6 games = 16371 x $30/ticket = $491130
Imagine they break 3 per car at a $15 parking fee.
3638/3 * 6 * 15 = $109140

Total parking and tickets LOST:  $600,270
Brad Lambert Salary:  $625,000

Before a single concession is sold.  Not including any value that a full stadium would bring.  Brad Lambert has basically LOST his salary for the program over 5 seasons.

Once again we cannot afford to keep Lambert. Keeping him will cost us fans, donations, and any enthusiasm next season. Firing him is a wise financial move.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #61 on: November 26, 2017, 04:42:29 pm
It looks like the coaching carousel is going to be packed this year, and with new staffs being filled at many places the chances of Lambert getting picked up may be better than average.  This would immediately mitigate what we owe him, and could easily take the two year total into the $75,000-150,000 range.
#unc-CHeatingPays

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #62 on: November 26, 2017, 05:01:56 pm
Is Alan Major employed whatsover?  he went back to osu to shuffle paperwork

lambert would be great DB guy somewhere
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #63 on: November 26, 2017, 05:08:04 pm
Is Alan Major employed whatsover?  he went back to osu to shuffle paperwork

lambert would be great DB guy somewhere
Major is not currently employed.  I think he was the video coordinator or something like that at Ohio State, and then Thad Matta got fired.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #64 on: November 26, 2017, 05:10:33 pm
It looks like Marshall fans want a new coach too.

https://www.gofundme.com/replacedoc
#unc-CHeatingPays

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #65 on: November 26, 2017, 05:59:12 pm
It looks like the coaching carousel is going to be packed this year, and with new staffs being filled at many places the chances of Lambert getting picked up may be better than average.  This would immediately mitigate what we owe him, and could easily take the two year total into the $75,000-150,000 range.

To increase Lambert's chance of landing someone else, and to increase our chances of landing the right person, we need to act ASAP. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #66 on: November 26, 2017, 06:19:06 pm
Charlotte would be foolish not to put out feelers to Kevin Sumlin's people now that he is out of a job.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #67 on: November 26, 2017, 06:24:39 pm
We will pull a Niner and wait to long to pull the trigger and miss out on the right coach and this year's recruiting class.

akjones989

• Walk On
Reply #68 on: November 26, 2017, 06:46:18 pm
Charlotte would be foolish not to put out feelers to Kevin Sumlin's people now that he is out of a job.

Hasnít he been earmarked for ASU?

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #69 on: November 26, 2017, 06:50:00 pm
Where would we find the money to pay him?
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #70 on: November 26, 2017, 07:14:00 pm
No P5 head coach is coming to Charlotte. Let's stop mentioning any of them.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #71 on: November 26, 2017, 07:26:27 pm
No P5 head coach is coming to Charlotte. Let's stop mentioning any of them.
I want gus malzahn.
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #72 on: November 26, 2017, 07:34:40 pm
Need next Larry Fedora or Fuente.  Stud OFFENSIVe coord from SEC or ACC.  Or you roll with a Spurrier type that's old and done it.  That's what UCF did with  Oleary.  He layed serious foundation

Disclaimer.  Fedora an example only because his USM rise.  And let firm choose
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 07:38:10 pm by punchdrunk »

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #73 on: November 26, 2017, 07:39:24 pm
Need next Larry Fedora or Fuente.  Stud OFFENSIVe coord from SEC or ACC.  Or you roll with a Spurrier type that's old and done it.  That's what UCF did with  Oleary.  He layed serious foundation

Josh Heupel then ?
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #74 on: November 26, 2017, 07:49:00 pm

Josh Heupel then ?

Yes sort of.  Can he talk?  Can he break a clipboard and be an alpha?   Can he say 1-11 is not acceptable?  We don't need silent folksy bs. 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos