Author Topic: clt says the HPU win was ok, and starts a chat page  (Read 2653 times)

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 11:48:37 pm
What on earth has happened to Austin Ajukwa? He looked really good last year. In fact he seemed like the best player on the team aside from Jon Davis. This year heís been non existent. Iíve never seen a player regress in one year as much as he has.

Braxton O and Derio Green are two that come to mind in their senior seasons.

Rashad Coleman too.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #26 on: November 25, 2017, 11:51:15 pm
     Couldn't help but noticing the 2 Serbs with Garvin creating substantially better ball movement.  They didn't always finish but you could really see the potential.  Price needs to give Haslem, Ajukwa, and White's minutes to the freshman including Thomas. As far as I'm concerned the Ajukwa White ship has sailed.  Haslem should get only spotty minutes against certain lineups. If he were a freshman it might be different but with only a year left we should give his minutes to Thomas who looks to have potential.  Just my 2 cents.
I get what you're saying about Thomas.  But I have to believe Coach Price has a win now attitude.  So based off of practices, he feels Haslem gives us a better chance to win now.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 05:40:43 am
What on earth has happened to Austin Ajukwa? He looked really good last year. In fact he seemed like the best player on the team aside from Jon Davis. This year heís been non existent. Iíve never seen a player regress in one year as much as he has.

Braxton O and Derio Green are two that come to mind in their senior seasons.

Rashad Coleman too.

Rashad had injury issues.
Mahna Mahna

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #28 on: November 26, 2017, 01:27:55 pm
     Couldn't help but noticing the 2 Serbs with Garvin creating substantially better ball movement.  They didn't always finish but you could really see the potential.  Price needs to give Haslem, Ajukwa, and White's minutes to the freshman including Thomas. As far as I'm concerned the Ajukwa White ship has sailed.  Haslem should get only spotty minutes against certain lineups. If he were a freshman it might be different but with only a year left we should give his minutes to Thomas who looks to have potential.  Just my 2 cents.
I get what you're saying about Thomas.  But I have to believe Coach Price has a win now attitude.  So based off of practices, he feels Haslem gives us a better chance to win now.
agree, but I hate that we burned Thomas' redshift in game 1 if we aren't going to play him. We better see him on the injury report with a fake injury if there is no intent to play him so we can get that redshirt back.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 02:51:49 pm
agree, but I hate that we burned Thomas' redshift in game 1 if we aren't going to play him. We better see him on the injury report with a fake injury if there is no intent to play him so we can get that redshirt back.
I agree with that.  Not to mention there can be some legitimate concerns with how Price utilizes big men.  I was never as high on Benas as some people.  But I also think Price didn't get the most out of him.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 03:04:31 pm
I agree with that.  Not to mention there can be some legitimate concerns with how Price utilizes big men.  I was never as high on Benas as some people.  But I also think Price didn't get the most out of him.
When Benas did get on the floor he rarely made the most of his minutes, and he has gone from the SEC (1), to CUSA (19), to the Big Sky (21) conferences (Conference RPI).  I am not sure I would use him as an example of what Price can or cannot do with a big man.  He might be a poster child for Price's talent when it comes to recruiting big men.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 11:39:30 pm
When Benas did get on the floor he rarely made the most of his minutes, and he has gone from the SEC (1), to CUSA (19), to the Big Sky (21) conferences (Conference RPI).  I am not sure I would use him as an example of what Price can or cannot do with a big man.  He might be a poster child for Price's talent when it comes to recruiting big men.

Hence why I said I was never as high on home as others.

It's hard to say how much of the development of a player like Benas falls on the player or falls on the coach.  I get that Benas didn't do some of the things you expect from a 7 footer.  But part of coaching is to get the player to buy into those things.  At 7 feet, you've got to at least get him to buy into making hard fouls close to the rim.   

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 07:45:20 am

It's hard to say how much of the development of a player like Benas falls on the player or falls on the coach.  I get that Benas didn't do some of the things you expect from a 7 footer.  But part of coaching is to get the player to buy into those things.  At 7 feet, you've got to at least get him to buy into making hard fouls close to the rim.   

clt says beans is comically underrated by this fan base.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 12:53:19 pm

He's killing it there. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/66244/benas-griciunas

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 02:19:28 pm
Three 3-point attempts per game.  Ugh!

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 04:54:09 pm
clt says beans just needs minutes and shots, then he will deliver points.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 05:05:20 pm

He's killing it there. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/66244/benas-griciunas

We must define killing it differently.  Maybe you are being sarcastic.

He is 19-60 (.317) from the floor.  7 footers usually have higher than average stats here because of the point blank shots they get.  He is shooting .429 from the line, and .158 from 3 pt land--because he loves the 3.  He is shooting almost 4 3's per game, at that abysmal rate.  he is getting 5.3 rebounds per game, so there is that.  He has more turnovers than assists and blocks combined.
#unc-CHeatingPays

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 05:29:24 pm
Don't forget the huge impact that Uchebo had Price's first season.  After two seasons Uchebo was pretty much a stud and Benas was a dud.  Uchebo didn't come to Charlotte killing it in the power 5 either.  Maybe Price had little impact on either player's growth.  Time will tell how his bigs ultimately perform, but I would give him a C+ right now.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 05:56:09 pm

We must define killing it differently.  Maybe you are being sarcastic.

He is 19-60 (.317) from the floor.  7 footers usually have higher than average stats here because of the point blank shots they get.  He is shooting .429 from the line, and .158 from 3 pt land--because he loves the 3.  He is shooting almost 4 3's per game, at that abysmal rate.  he is getting 5.3 rebounds per game, so there is that.  He has more turnovers than assists and blocks combined.

I think that was sarcasm.

But...compared to what he did here...those numbers are killing it.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 06:41:02 pm
He put up 12 points & 7 rebounds against the best team they played all year
and the coach barely played him after that.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #40 on: December 10, 2017, 06:56:28 pm
He put up 12 points & 7 rebounds against the best team they played all year
and the coach barely played him after that.

clt says that sounds like here!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos