Author Topic: GAMEDAY IS IN CHARLOTTE #FIREJUDYROSE  (Read 7604 times)

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #50 on: November 30, 2017, 03:45:10 pm
ChiDave
Barstool guy (18) +4
Whitley
NWA (pending approval of better half)
SCK

I will get there at 5 o clock in the morning if anybody will go with me and be front row center. 
I live in concord and will meet anyone anywhere, especially close to the University.  If you show up at 9, you're gonna be in the back. 

Anybody else join in.  You guys send me a Direct message if you want to meet up.  I have connected with all of you on twitter in some way or another, so you can reach me there as well (it's not hard to figure out). 
#bus1

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #51 on: November 30, 2017, 03:58:24 pm
I have my DVR set to record this and I'll be very surprised if I see one FIRE JUDY-related sign on camera. The klempzen and u fans will be so thick there, that no one will get past their bulk to get close enough for the camera to pick up. We'll see. 
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #52 on: November 30, 2017, 04:09:46 pm
I have my DVR set to record this and I'll be very surprised if I see one FIRE JUDY-related sign on camera. The klempzen and u fans will be so thick there, that no one will get past their bulk to get close enough for the camera to pick up. We'll see.

Like I said.  5 am.  With bells on. 
#bus1

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #53 on: November 30, 2017, 04:10:27 pm
Whether I'm there depends on my asthma, & if my cold has cleared up by then.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

keeper768

• Walk On
Reply #54 on: November 30, 2017, 04:15:51 pm
I just walked by the setup...the main enclosed area behind the stage is VERY small maybe 100 total people can fit in there...outside of it is very large though.

Jackrabbit49er

• Freshman
Reply #55 on: November 30, 2017, 05:05:44 pm
Does anyone want to 'deface' their Charlotte flag with Fire Judy?? Put it on a pole and swing it back and forth.

If I read correctly sticks and poles are not allowed.

Unless this is special, flags on poles are allowed at GameDay. There has been multiple features on the WSU flag that hasn't missed a GameDay in Years. That thing is always on a long pole.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum

My college teams:

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #56 on: November 30, 2017, 06:54:19 pm
Does anyone want to 'deface' their Charlotte flag with Fire Judy?? Put it on a pole and swing it back and forth.

If I read correctly sticks and poles are not allowed.

That thing is always  a long pole.

clt says that what’s she said.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #57 on: November 30, 2017, 09:54:21 pm
I just walked by the setup...the main enclosed area behind the stage is VERY small maybe 100 total people can fit in there...outside of it is very large though.

Is there a chance you're confusing the front and back of the stage? Seems they'd want plenty of space behind the commentators for more fans.
Also, they MOVED a frickin' tree (to be replaced later) so the skyline could be seen better on camera. In any event, should be interesting.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #58 on: November 30, 2017, 10:12:07 pm

Is there a chance you're confusing the front and back of the stage? Seems they'd want plenty of space behind the commentators for more fans.
Also, they MOVED a frickin' tree (to be replaced later) so the skyline could be seen better on camera. In any event, should be interesting.

I think that's what he meant. The "front" of the stage is where the anchors are sitting (their backs are towards us with the skyline behind them). Was just their 20 minutes ago. Perfect location because the Christmas village is right behind them (boutique shops, cider, beer, food).  Going to be an awesome environment Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:28:12 pm by charlottewkndbuzz »

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #59 on: November 30, 2017, 10:22:01 pm
clt is concerned about that tree.

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #60 on: November 30, 2017, 11:45:10 pm
clt is concerned about that tree.

Judy will take care of that tree with her tears.

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #61 on: December 01, 2017, 12:41:36 am
ChiDave
Barstool guy (18) +4
Whitley
SCK

I will get there at 5 o clock in the morning if anybody will go with me and be front row center. 
I live in concord and will meet anyone anywhere, especially close to the University.  If you show up at 9, you're gonna be in the back. 

Anybody else join in.  You guys send me a Direct message if you want to meet up.  I have connected with all of you on twitter in some way or another, so you can reach me there as well (it's not hard to figure out).
I'm all in at this point. Whatever it takes! I want my parting gift as a graduate of the university to be that I helped take down the indestructible Judy Rose. It's for the good of the students after me!
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #62 on: December 01, 2017, 10:13:21 am
I'm surprised a tree hugger isn't protesting moving the tree.  #RoseHatesTrees
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #63 on: December 01, 2017, 10:20:43 am
I'm surprised a tree hugger isn't protesting moving the tree.  #RoseHatesTrees

If they wanted something removed, they should have called CHP.  Tearing s*** down is his speciality.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #64 on: December 01, 2017, 10:33:07 am
clt will watch game day tomorrow for the first time in years.

Also, any updates on the tree? Did it have leaves before being “moved”?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #65 on: December 01, 2017, 01:54:44 pm
ChiDave
Barstool guy (18) +4
Whitley
SCK

Im still up in the air - Alumnus and his daughter will be there though.
Mahna Mahna

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #66 on: December 02, 2017, 07:48:52 am
Watching live coverage on ESPN and saw a huge fire Judy rose sign. Clear as day on the tv. Awesome job! Bout to head that way now. I have a pic but it's not letting me upload

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

D-Niner

• Walk On
Reply #68 on: December 02, 2017, 09:49:40 am
Watching live coverage on ESPN and saw a huge fire Judy rose sign. Clear as day on the tv. Awesome job! Bout to head that way now. I have a pic but it's not letting me upload

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #69 on: December 02, 2017, 10:13:54 am

49er1 is going to be very surprised because he thought the acc fans would be the only ones there.  They just now showed a close-up shot of a firejudyrose sign.  Closer than the one in this photo.  Oops.  There is another one, very readable, this one with a white background.

Great job guys.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 10:23:16 am by 49r9r »
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #70 on: December 02, 2017, 10:31:33 am
Straight off of the ESPN website....​More publicity for game day signs if you tweet your favorites using the hashtag #GameDaySig​ns

Niner Nation do your thang....tweet away!!!!!

#GameDaySigns
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #71 on: December 02, 2017, 11:30:16 am
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/936993200224526337

It seems reddit was nice enough to help with the hashtag tweeting
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

D-Niner

• Walk On
Reply #72 on: December 02, 2017, 11:36:50 am

49er1 is going to be very surprised because he thought the acc fans would be the only ones there.  They just now showed a close-up shot of a firejudyrose sign.  Closer than the one in this photo.  Oops.  There is another one, very readable, this one with a white background.

Great job guys.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #73 on: December 02, 2017, 11:42:28 am

D-Niner

• Walk On
Reply #74 on: December 02, 2017, 11:44:47 am
Nice work 49er Gameday sign crew!!!  I got several pics off the TV, but having trouble uploading them.  I’ll try again later. 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos