Author Topic: WORST FBS START UP IN HISTORY  (Read 819 times)

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:50:20 am
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 10:54:35 am
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2017/11/27/16702398/charlotte-49ers-displays-a-lack-of-commitment-to-their-football-program-retaining-brad-lambert-cusa

#boom

That about sums up how embarrassing our athletic department is.  It's almost as if they are doing this $4it to spite us.

It is bad when fans even consider this as a possibility, but I see your point.  Can it get much worse?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Jackrabbit49er

• Freshman
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 10:57:05 am
How many times has this been sent to Judy, Phil, and the Board?
Sic vis pacem, para bellum

My college teams:

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 10:57:59 am

That about sums up how embarrassing our athletic department is.  It's almost as if they are doing this $4it to spite us.

At this point it has to be, someone who truly cared about the department and university would realize what they are doing isn't working.

She doesn't even seem to care about her legacy at this point. That alone makes me think she is suffering from some sort of delusion.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 11:28:39 am
If we retain Lambert, that proves two things.  One, Rose screwed the pooch with Lambert's extension.  I mean, why wouldn't you extend the guy?  But that has left us with no money to buyout the remainder of his contract and hire a new coach.  Two, we are not committed to winning.  To keep Lambert shows it's not about winning.  The article attached to this thread displays that fact very well.

It's time to get an AD who has experience leading a department with football.  Rose is learning on the job and for every second she is on the job, we lose ground with every school in the country.

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 11:50:58 am
LOL.  Our AD giving a coach who never had a .500 season an extension is laughable.  Phil should come out and say it is his fault again so they both get s*** canned.

FridayNiner

• Walk On
Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 12:24:42 pm
We jumped to FBS too soon so we could make money while getting our asses whipped by big name teams.  Apparently, that was the only method of producing revenue envisioned by the athletic department and administration, since they have completely failed to rectify glaring problems at every level in revenue sports.   
They were/are certainly not prepared to acknowledge or address major issues with revenue sports, which is the only brand/logo/identifying factor or representation of this university that will ever be experienced by millions of Americans outside of academia, the Charlotte metro area, or state of North Carolina.   What an embarrassing representation.  So we made some money by allowing major universities across the nation to totally humiliate us, then we humiliate ourselves by failing miserably in a bottom tier conference.  Now let's fold up the tent and do away with the program, or go down to FCS.   That is where we belong, we can not compete at the FBS level with the current administration and athletic regime.   When we get an administration/ad regime that will support revenue athletics, we can revisit the issue.  I keep using the word REVENUE...does anyone in the a.d./administration understand that winning brings attention/media/press/MONEY?!!!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 12:27:58 pm
We jumped to FBS too soon so we could make money while getting our asses whipped by big name teams.  Apparently, that was the only method of producing revenue envisioned by the athletic department and administration, since they have completely failed to rectify glaring problems at every level in revenue sports.   
They were/are certainly not prepared to acknowledge or address major issues with revenue sports, which is the only brand/logo/identifying factor or representation of this university that will ever be experienced by millions of Americans outside of academia, the Charlotte metro area, or state of North Carolina.   What an embarrassing representation.  So we made some money by allowing major universities across the nation to totally humiliate us, then we humiliate ourselves by failing miserably in a bottom tier conference.  Now let's fold up the tent and do away with the program, or go down to FCS.   That is where we belong, we can not compete at the FBS level with the current administration and athletic regime.   When we get an administration/ad regime that will support revenue athletics, we can revisit the issue.  I keep using the word REVENUE...does anyone in the a.d./administration understand that winning brings attention/media/press/MONEY?!!!

We didn't move up to make money.  It was really simple.  We didn't have an home for our football.  FCS leagues weren't taking us and we weren't dropping basketball, baseball or soccer to an FCS league.  We got an invite to an FBS league and we took as we should. 

The issue is what you hit on though - our administration is not capable of leading this.  That part though doesn't matter - because they would be bad no matter what level we were at.
Mahna Mahna

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 12:36:02 pm
My gut tells me that Dubois would like for Rose to unload Lambert. I just donít think he would have been out and mingling on Saturday. No, he was attempting to gauge the temperament of people regarding this issue.

I do not know if this will happen though b/c of money issue with regard to buyout. Additionally...as has been illustrated here...for whatever reason there are some important boosters who support Lambert.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 12:40:05 pm
My gut tells me that Dubois would like for Rose to unload Lambert. I just donít think he would have been out and mingling on Saturday. No, he was attempting to gauge the temperament of people regarding this issue.

I do not know if this will happen though b/c of money issue with regard to buyout. Additionally...as has been illustrated here...for whatever reason there are some important boosters who support Lambert.

I agree with you. I'm sure he can't be happy with the public perception of having such an inept program, with so little support. He knows how important good football can be to campus culutre from his time at Wyoming.

I'm holding on to hope that the BOT meeting tomorrow will at least discuss the issue, and that it isn't already a done deal that Lambert is staying.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 01:33:21 pm
If we retain Lambert, that proves two things.  One, Rose screwed the pooch with Lambert's extension.  I mean, why wouldn't you extend the guy?  But that has left us with no money to buyout the remainder of his contract and hire a new coach.  Two, we are not committed to winning.  To keep Lambert shows it's not about winning.  The article attached to this thread displays that fact very well.

Won't this be the THIRD time in a decade she has done this??

She extended Bobby before firing him shortly after....she did the same with Major.  Her habit of extending then firing has just flushed exhorbinant amounts of money...that we don't have enough of...needlessly down the drain.  Her blatant mismanagement of money in and of itself...apart from the poor performance issues around our revenue sports....should be enough to warrant her dismissal.

How can the large donors be happy with the amount of their money she has pissed away!?!?!?

The next time Phil smarts off about how much money we give...we need to respond with "not near enough to cover what Judy's pissed away."
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 02:10:10 pm
that graph  :blank:
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN