Author Topic: Charlotte 49er Football Staff changes  (Read 6948 times)

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 04:45:31 pm
I hope Mullen takes his son with him!

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 04:48:21 pm
I hope Mullen takes his son with him!

Please, I donít think I can handle watching another Nate Mullen punt muff!

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 04:53:40 pm
His son probably either stays or drops down a level since he would lose a year since he redshirted.  That is the reason you do not see as many transfers in football as basketball.

Timo99

• Freshman
Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 04:55:47 pm
Isn't there a BOT meeting tomorrow? Any chance that Lambert may still get fired?
#FIREJUDYROSE

tasheets

• Walk On
Reply #29 on: November 27, 2017, 04:59:11 pm
Isn't there a BOT meeting tomorrow? Any chance that Lambert may still get fired?

We can only hope. This is how large corporations work. Send the manager in to fire staff and then a few days later they fire the manager.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #30 on: November 27, 2017, 05:08:26 pm

Phil being quoted in release tells me very very little chance of that happening.  What is possible, IMO, is Judy's retirement/resignation - which would make the events of today make a bit more sense. 
Mahna Mahna

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #31 on: November 27, 2017, 05:12:57 pm
I'm reading the article on the staff changes - looks like he's getting rid of everybody but Adkins.  Why would he get rid of Wallerstadt?  He's the only one I thought did a good job???   .....unless he know's he's on the way out as HC and Wallerstadt has an opportunity elsewhere?
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #32 on: November 27, 2017, 05:18:57 pm

Phil being quoted in release tells me very very little chance of that happening.  What is possible, IMO, is Judy's retirement/resignation - which would make the events of today make a bit more sense.
if she retires, I'm giving the banner credit for that.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 05:24:00 pm

if she retires, I'm giving the banner credit for that.

Banner would deserve a lot of credit for it.  More than anything it indicated that the dissenters were not one or two messageboard people, but a larger sustained movement.  That is a lot of headwind to fight into and makes for a really crappy job.  Regardless of what we think about her, anyone here who has had a job that you went to and every day you had to hear how you weren't doing a good job and emails were constantly being sent to your boss and boss's bosses - well that isn't a fun job at all. 

I am with holding some of my rage until we find out about the closed session for personnel.   
Mahna Mahna

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 05:35:14 pm
I've been on the fence about pulling my support.  The best thing about THIS decision is it let's me know that I'm making the right call. 

If she would have let Lambert go...I would almost need to stay on to at least see who they would bring in.  THe excitement of a new coach may have made me second guess my decision and remain on as a full FSL season ticket holder.......BUT NOT NOW!!!!!

Knowing Judy is still in charge of the AD and is keeping Lambert in charge of the football program proves the dysfunction and validates my very reason for pulling my $$ away from her hands.

Thanks Judy for making the decision easy and for validating it!!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 06:43:07 pm
Fire everyone but the grandson of the large donor, Mr. Richardson.   :p
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 07:47:34 pm
I just want to know who signed off on this crap and thought it was a good idea?

This could not have been Brad's call. I do not believe he would have done this.

Only someone with no understanding of football staffing would do this. I feel especially bad for our players.
#bus1

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 07:59:52 pm

Only someone with no understanding of football staffing would do this. I feel especially bad for our players.

Brad Lambert absolutely made this decision...that much is certain. That is the way this works. Coach Lambert was told to make ďappropriateĒ staff changes or conversely face his own termination.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 08:05:40 pm

ya todays moves suck for the "athlete experience"

the athletes would be far better off with 100% new staff.  this is about adults saving face
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 08:19:16 pm
The actions taken today donít bother me for this reason. I have been saying and I stick to it. I DO NOT want Judy Rose picking the next head coach.

Her track record is so poor that itís better for her to retire and then the new AD can clean house and not have to give a newly hired head coach time due to newness or committed money.

Really itís best if we just limp along until she goes.

We just donít want her selecting any more coaches for revenue sports.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #40 on: November 27, 2017, 08:28:43 pm
clt floats a theory

Judy announces retirement tomorrow
Lambert agrees to stay on one more year as HC, but one of the new coordinators is set for the head coach position after lambert leaves after 18 season.
Lambert neither retires, or moves to position in the Ath dept

VB or WBB coach named AD.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #41 on: November 27, 2017, 09:13:20 pm
clt floats a theory.......

VB or WBB coach named AD.

This scares the s*** out of me.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Iron9er

Reply #42 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:16 pm
The actions taken today donít bother me for this reason. I have been saying and I stick to it. I DO NOT want Judy Rose picking the next head coach.

Her track record is so poor that itís better for her to retire and then the new AD can clean house and not have to give a newly hired head coach time due to newness or committed money.

Really itís best if we just limp along until she goes.

We just donít want her selecting any more coaches for revenue sports.

I respect the opinion but don't get it.  How is she going to hire someone worse?  What, is the new guy going to go 0-12?  Not a lot of difference between 1-11 and 0-12, they are both hopeless.  At least we would have some hope until the season starts with a new coach.  And, we have no idea when she is going to retire.  I fear never.  She will always haunt us. 

chidave

• Junior
Reply #43 on: November 27, 2017, 09:49:18 pm
It makes it even worse that Wally was fired. He was the best assistant Lambert had, to try to use him as a scapegoat insults our intelligence.

Horrible, foolish decision on many levels.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #44 on: November 27, 2017, 09:55:01 pm
Window dressing. The dumpster fire intensifies.  ??? >:( :'( :-[ >:D
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.Ē
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
#bus1

scollie41

• MemberPF
  • Junior
  • 49er Club Member & FSL Owner
Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 06:07:13 am
https://chancellor.uncc.edu/sites/chancellor.uncc.edu/files/media/11.28.17.ATHLETICS.agenda_0.pdf

Have never been so aroused by the words "pending personnel issues"

Any chance we could get 20-30 students out there with signs before the meeting to protest?

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 06:11:45 am
https://chancellor.uncc.edu/sites/chancellor.uncc.edu/files/media/11.28.17.ATHLETICS.agenda_0.pdf

Have never been so aroused by the words "pending personnel issues"

Any chance we could get 20-30 students out there with signs before the meeting to protest?
dwhitley says its happening in firejudy thread
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 06:36:28 am
We could be misreading the tea leaves completely but:

we know Judy was very upset about banner, left Alumni pregame in tears.

We know Judy is near retirement age.

We know that Judy, Phil and BOT have been getting a ton of emails - all questioning her ability to execute her job.

We know from previous meetings athletics is failing to meet almost all of their winning goals.

We know her husband is 12 years older than she is.

We know the firing of coordinators isn't ground breaking or going to fix things.

We know if a new AD comes Judy would not want to saddle them with her pick of HC.

We also know that Judy could not allow staff to go untouched after this past season.

We know the BOT has two closed sessions to discuss a pending personnel issue.  We know Phil is leading them both.  We know it is someone in athletics and we know that if Phil is leading it it must be someone very senior.

All of this points to one conclusion.   

Like I said, might be misreading it but it sure looks like she is announcing her departure. 
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos