Author Topic: Charlotte 49er Football Staff changes  (Read 7916 times)

brinsone

• Walk On
Reply #75 on: November 29, 2017, 04:05:31 pm
If we are going to start over, should start over top to bottom.  We need new energy and thinking.  Charlotte is leaving $M's on the table with it's poor product.

I agree. The whole program needs a reset. Completely new identity, coaches, uniforms, slogans, players, everything. Need to make things feel brand new again.

The need is identity and relevance.

Crazy thinking here...and a hat-tip to Nugget's comment about the Owls and their 'success' with borrowed equipment.

What if our new branding was the University of Charlotte Owls?

My love for the 49ers is deep, but I am weary of the UNCheat and the San Francisco confusion.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #76 on: November 29, 2017, 04:06:43 pm
If you have NOT emailed Judy Rose AND Phil Dubois regarding your displeasure with retaining Brad Lambert, I highly suggest you do so today or tomorrow.

This is not going over well with them from the pushback in emails and media, that is known.

Nobody is asking anyone to be an ass in emails, just an email that you are not happy with the decision, that you do not understand it, that you are upset with it.  The message needs to get to them.  Thanks!!
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #77 on: November 29, 2017, 09:40:48 pm
Any updates on potential hirings? Didn't but know if anything had been mentioned yet.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #78 on: November 30, 2017, 08:18:28 pm
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/tom-sorensen-blog/article187282023.html

Looks like Sorensen weighed in today. Can't say I agree with him....at all....about really anything in the article lol. I do think someone can win at Charlotte, and now. I just don't think it's Lambert, or Minter. Maybe Minter would make a good recruiter, maybe. But just don't see it as the head man.

What do you guys think?

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #79 on: November 30, 2017, 08:35:29 pm
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/tom-sorensen-blog/article187282023.html

Looks like Sorensen weighed in today. Can't say I agree with him....at all....about really anything in the article lol. I do think someone can win at Charlotte, and now. I just don't think it's Lambert, or Minter. Maybe Minter would make a good recruiter, maybe. But just don't see it as the head man.

What do you guys think?

Losing record as a DIII coach

I would give Sonny Dykes a call...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:37:30 pm by rtown49er »

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #80 on: November 30, 2017, 08:43:43 pm

What do you guys think?

No telling what he is still making from Cal. Don't see someone like that coming the east coast.

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #81 on: November 30, 2017, 08:46:25 pm

What do you guys think?

No telling what he is still making from Cal. Don't see someone like that coming the east coast.

You don’t know unless you ask...as an OC would be an improvement of exponential proportions

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #82 on: November 30, 2017, 09:15:04 pm

What do you guys think?

Mike Minter has never been a head coach of a DIII school.  He has been head coach of Campbell University for the last five years.  Campbell has been part of the Pioneer Football League (non-scholarship) which participates in NCAA Division 1 FCS.  Next year, Campbell will make a complete transfer to the Big South Conference which also participates in NCAA Division 1 FCS.  His Pioneer League record in five years has been 16-23 with his first winning season this past season at 5-3.

LzeroKI

• Walk On
Reply #83 on: December 01, 2017, 10:11:19 am

What do you guys think?

Mike Minter has never been a head coach of a DIII school.  He has been head coach of Campbell University for the last five years.  Campbell has been part of the Pioneer Football League (non-scholarship) which participates in NCAA Division 1 FCS.  Next year, Campbell will make a complete transfer to the Big South Conference which also participates in NCAA Division 1 FCS.  His Pioneer League record in five years has been 16-23 with his first winning season this past season at 5-3.

It seems to me that if you were looking to replace your HC, you wouldn't want to bring in someone with a losing record to the coach you are replacing.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #84 on: December 06, 2017, 11:06:08 am
Just saw where Roper was fired at USC today. I sure hope we don't go after him.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:31:56 am by BusterC417 »

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #85 on: December 06, 2017, 11:16:28 am
Tommy Knotts
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #86 on: December 06, 2017, 11:32:18 am
Tommy Knotts

That would be a good move

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Walk On
Reply #87 on: December 06, 2017, 11:38:10 am
Tommy has some baggage, but he also has fire.

Charlotte could almost double his salary if we made him a coordinator.

Bigger issue is how connected he is for recruiting. The staff change has to include a re-focus on recruiting local kids (and upstate SC would be okay too).

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #88 on: December 06, 2017, 11:54:27 am
I am huge USC fan.  Have seats in luxury box 3x a year.  Watch every game.

We do not want Roper.  Failed pretty bad everywhere, Muschamp hired him for loyalty and cut bait.  Has NFL QB at USC and couldn't utilize him. 
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #89 on: December 08, 2017, 08:22:38 am
Has anyone heard of any real candidates for the new coaches?  Our recruiting is already at an all-time low and not having a full amount of coaches makes it worse.  I am guessing since it has been nearly two weeks that Lambert cannot find anyone that wants to take a chance for a one year job. 

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #90 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:06 am
Has anyone heard of any real candidates for the new coaches?  Our recruiting is already at an all-time low and not having a full amount of coaches makes it worse.  I am guessing since it has been nearly two weeks that Lambert cannot find anyone that wants to take a chance for a one year job.

Lambert has one thing going for him and that is everyone is after Judy.  The best thing he could do is start hiring people and announcing those hires.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #91 on: December 08, 2017, 09:02:42 am
What do you guys think of the recruits we are bringing in?   I have thoughts but I wanted to see other's reactions

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #92 on: December 08, 2017, 09:17:08 am
What do you guys think of the recruits we are bringing in?   I have thoughts but I wanted to see other's reactions
seen several 0 star commits this week.  1 three star.

calvary is coming I guess...
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #93 on: December 08, 2017, 01:07:34 pm
Looks like we have a visit from a 3 star, former South Carolina commit and a 6'7" juco dt.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #94 on: December 08, 2017, 01:28:36 pm
If we are going to start over, should start over top to bottom.  We need new energy and thinking.  Charlotte is leaving $M's on the table with it's poor product.

I agree. The whole program needs a reset. Completely new identity, coaches, uniforms, slogans, players, everything. Need to make things feel brand new again.

Crazy thinking here...and a hat-tip to Nugget's comment about the Owls and their 'success' with borrowed equipment.

My love for the 49ers is deep, but I am weary of the UNCheat and the San Francisco confusion.

I am not at all opposed to changing to the University of Charlotte Owls.

clt12thman

• Walk On
Reply #95 on: December 09, 2017, 01:42:17 pm

We've already got Rice and FAU, I love the historical connection, but too many Owls in one conference.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:46:42 pm by clt12thman »

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #96 on: December 09, 2017, 01:55:15 pm
Looks like we have a visit from a 3 star, former South Carolina commit and a 6'7" juco dt.

Pretty tall for D-tackle

pcon

• Senior
Reply #97 on: December 09, 2017, 02:32:47 pm

From what I can tell, no division 1 school (recently) has changed their name that didn't involve a Native American name/mascot...

• Stanford University – Indians to Cardinal (1972)
  • University of Massachusetts – Redmen to Minutemen (1972)
  • Dartmouth – Indians to Big Green (1974)
  • Siena – Indians to Saints (1988)
  • Eastern Michigan – Hurons to Eagles (1991)
  • St. John’s (N.Y.) – Redmen to Red Storm (1994)
  • Marquette – Warriors to Golden Eagles (1994)
  • Miami (Ohio) – Redskins to RedHawks (1997)
  • Seattle University – Chieftains to Redhawks (2000)
  • Louisiana-Monroe – Indians to Warhawks (2006)
  • Arkansas State – Indians to Red Wolves (2008)
  • North Dakota – formally dropped Fighting Sioux in 2012. No nickname currently.

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #98 on: December 09, 2017, 02:48:50 pm

From what I can tell, no division 1 school (recently) has changed their name that didn't involve a Native American name/mascot...

• North Dakota – formally dropped Fighting Sioux in 2012. No nickname currently.

Ole Miss

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #99 on: December 09, 2017, 02:51:16 pm

Ole Miss
Still the Rebels, just changing mascot.

We don't have a giant 49 running around the stadium.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos