Author Topic: FSL Owners- Future Plans  (Read 1103 times)

s9er

• Head Coach
on: November 27, 2017, 04:02:34 pm
Answer honestly FSL Owners- Are you willing to walk away from your investment? Is it worth the nearly 200 bucks per ticket investment in 2018? I was debating keeping if no changes were made and just donating the entire book to charity, hoping for a bigger change after next year... After today's gutless scapegoating, I'm mentally done with this circus. 

If you are willing to walk, would you put your money where your mouth is and PM me your name and seat info? I'd like to compile a list and share that with the BOT to show the tangible damage Judy's management has caused. Anyone not on the board you may know of, I'd love to talk to them too.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 04:07:04 pm
i took my vacation year due to not wanting to drive, but that is likely changing and was going to re-up.

I'm done.  3 gone.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 04:09:18 pm
clt says now is the time to buy!

hateappstate

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 04:12:41 pm
I'm done.  5 tickets gone.  5K donation to the school.  Chalking up my losses. 

UAB was dead.  No excuses. 

PM me if youre getting something together.  I will give you my section, row, seat numbers if I can remember them.  I threw the tickets away after our loss to Georgia State and NC A&T

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 04:21:48 pm
I didn't re-up my 2 this year.  Bought single game tickets to the A and T game, didn't step foot in the stadium again.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 04:29:20 pm
I will keep mine.  I have been a fan for 40 years, a basketball season ticket holder since '92 (did not move from Raleigh to Charlotte until '95), and an FSL holder since the day they were available.  I will outlast the decision announced today.

I may donate my tickets back to the 49er Club and count the $380 towards my annual contribution though.  It depends on what the people that sit with me decide to do.
#unc-CHeatingPays

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 04:39:23 pm
I will keep mine. This is my Alma mater, not theirs. I support the school, not the individual leaders that come and go (eventually).

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 04:40:19 pm
I will keep mine but I知 highly pissed paying for this garbage. I hope I can outlive Judy and Phil and see more competence one day. I have slowly increased my giving over the years I will not increase again until these clowns are gone.

upperdeck

• Sophomore
Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 04:44:22 pm
If anyone has good seats and is surrendering let me know. Might be interested. Especially if gold.

brinsone

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 04:56:31 pm
I am on the fence about renewing.  The notion of giving any of my family's resources to this joke of a program is nauseating.

I got my MBA at Georgia State, and have watched their program blossom....but I cheered for the 49ers, as I have been much more loyal and devoted to my undergrad alma mater (Charlotte).

If I do walk away, it will be for good.  I cannot continue to watch them fail miserably with my funding.

By the way.....I don't get the impression that seat locations matter, as they are subject to be moved.  Section 111 for what its worth.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 05:08:52 pm
I called in to let them know already that I'm done with my 4 Green FSL's.  Best way to send a message that I'm not renewing any more tickets until Judy is gone.

I proudly donated the FSL money to help start the program, so I don't feel as bad losing that money.  But I will not continue to buy season tickets and parking passes and I will only donate $49 from here on out to continue to support my school but NOT at a significant level until we get new leadership.

I may still buy single tickets to football or basketball as there may be a few games I 'm interested in....but I will no longer flush MY money down the toilet in the same fashion Judy has for the last decade.

Plus...I have enough Points built up....once leadership DOES change, I can come back with season tickets like I never missed a beat!!!!  And if the only benefit to FSL's is your seat location is guaranteed....I don't need them.  Seating location won't be an issue for some time I'm sure!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 05:12:05 pm
I知 going to keep my four. The last three years have sucked, but I waited almost twenty years since graduation to watch my school field a football team. 
I love our players and the effort they give but
I値l be jiggered if Judy and Brad kill my enjoyment and run me off.

I知 annoyed, pissed, and a little depressed by all this, but I love this team and I will buy tickets and attend as long as they have a team.........
I am going to drop my yearly giving from a bunch to whatever it costs to park near the Normbulance.
I know some will tell me I shouldn稚 support this team, this school, this athletic department, and you might be right, but I waited 20 plus years for football and I have to believe that it can get no worse than 2018 and 2019 will be.

After all, I知 a Pittsburgh Pirates fan so I知 fully aware what lack of hope feels like, but there is always light at the end and I plan to be in 109 when the light shines on us....no matter what happens until that moment.... because I知 patient.... and this too will pass.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 05:15:10 pm
I will keep mine - for now.  I said before and I still maintain, this is my school not theirs.  I will not let them run me off.  I have already backed down from GJ level to 250 and I will stay there.  Seat locations don't matter to some folks, but I really like my seats and keeping these do matter to me.  I already backed down from 4 basketball seats to 2.  I will keep it at 2 as long as my daughter enjoys coming with me.  It's more about spending time with her than the game these days. 

The escape clause I will state though is if Judy's replacement comes in house, then I walk away. 
Mahna Mahna

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 05:23:19 pm
I will not renew my 4 FSLs. I will buy single game tickets if we ever decide to come back. I have gone from fanatic to extremely-good-weather fan.
鄭ll that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal

Savio

• Senior
Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 05:29:00 pm
I am keeping my FSLs for now. I can't even give away my tickets, no one wants them.  Football was supposed to bring excitement and camaraderie with fellow alums...to build upon a relationship that we had when we attended.  When I visit Charlotte, going to a game is the last thing on my mind. 

It's a sad too because my kids will probably grow up either UCLA/USC fans because Charlotte 49er Football, it's dead unless real changes happen.

niner78

• Walk On
Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 06:43:18 pm
Excitement - gone
Recruiting - gone
TV Money - gone
Attendance - gone
Tax deduction - gone
Football - gone by 2021

This program was never wanted by the people
in power and it痴 destruction is going according
to plan.

I will keep the FSLs and watch this sadness play itself out.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 10:06:50 pm

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 06:59:12 am
Does anyone have a copy of the FSL agreement?

Is there anything about a commitment from their end?

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 07:24:08 am
Does anyone have a copy of the FSL agreement?

Is there anything about a commitment from their end?

Without looking let me save you some time.

No.

dorm73

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 07:36:38 am
I dropped my 2 FSLs. For different reasons. Bought FSL in initial push for numbers to get program. Bought Tix, parking for a couple of seasons, sold them to more local fans. I could see the subsequent decline, dropped option to buy Tix per FSL terms after three seasons. So bottom line, I'm out. Couldn't attend games, but I contributed so capital goals could be met pre-football. Simple as that. AD is, has been terrible. She's nothing more than a Title IX schill masquerading as a mid-major University leader. DuBois is Chapel Hill Phil for sure. Spineless weasal.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:22 am
clt asks if Judy announces retirement today, and new ad will pick our new coach then what are your plans?

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 08:03:27 am
clt asks if Judy announces retirement today, and new ad will pick our new coach then what are your plans?
a check would be cut and I would be back.

My leaving has nothing to do with my love of Charlotte, and everything to do with not seeing an end in sight for the horrific leadership with zero accountability.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:18 am
a check would be cut and I would be back.

My leaving has nothing to do with my love of Charlotte, and everything to do with not seeing an end in sight for the horrific leadership with zero accountability.

Same.

Except I have already paid for everything and donated for 2017.  I will NOT do anything except a $49 donation next year if she is here.

If she is not here....I'll probably keep everything.....FSLs, FBall tix, BBall tix, parking pass and donation level.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Noreaster

• Senior
Reply #23 on: November 28, 2017, 09:01:07 am
I will probably renew and hope that somewhere down the line we field a competitive team.  We worked too hard to even get a team to give up this quickly.  Coaches and AD's come and go.  Our AD has somehow managed to stick around a long time, but at some point there has to be a change.  I'm not going to freak out yet.  But if they make decisions like this this 13 or 14 more times, I'm out of there.

At the end of the day, all sports are just entertainment, and this year wasn't entertaining.  It was sad.  I only went to 2 games because there are plenty of more enjoyable and fulfilling ways to spend a Saturday than watching bad football.  I struggled to give the tickets away.  Actually gave all 4 of them for the last game to an Uber driver as a tip so she could take her son to a game.  Not sure if they got used - either the best or worst tip ever (I haven't decided yet where it falls).

It looks to me like the Factory of Sadness has opened a second location.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #24 on: November 28, 2017, 09:04:15 am
I will probably renew and hope that somewhere down the line we field a competitive team.  We worked too hard to even get a team to give up this quickly.  Coaches and AD's come and go.  Our AD has somehow managed to stick around a long time, but at some point there has to be a change.  I'm not going to freak out yet.  But if they make decisions like this this 13 or 14 more times, I'm out of there.

At the end of the day, all sports are just entertainment, and this year wasn't entertaining.  It was sad.  I only went to 2 games because there are plenty of more enjoyable and fulfilling ways to spend a Saturday than watching bad football.  I struggled to give the tickets away.  Actually gave all 4 of them for the last game to an Uber driver as a tip so she could take her son to a game.  Not sure if they got used - either the best or worst tip ever (I haven't decided yet where it falls).

It looks to me like the Factory of Sadness has opened a second location.

Excellent Baseketball reference! Heard your sister is going out with Squeak!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos