Author Topic: I'm declaring the Mark Price experiment...  (Read 3502 times)

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
on: November 28, 2017, 08:55:30 pm
...a failure.  He has not a clue how to coach.  Great player, awful coach.

Timo99

• Freshman
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:08:16 pm
At this point, I agree. Our team should be competitive at year 3 for Mark Price. We got beaten by 15 by Favidson, who aren't great themselves this season.

Let's just clean house. Start completely over. Every Niner team is a dumpster fire.
#FIREJUDYROSE

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:15:59 pm
Its likely a bust but he wont be going anywhere for a while. So he better start really improving his recruiting if he wants to cover up his coaching issues.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

49erlocdawg

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 09:30:26 pm
May have to agree. Sounds awful and stagnant in post game interviews too. This team stinks and doesn't play hard.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:32:29 pm by 49erlocdawg »

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:34:50 pm
Do we feed our sports teams tranquilizers before games? No energy on the football field or basketball court.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 09:37:47 pm
I gave him 5 years when he started. He is in year 3 now and we are seeing no improvement and another pasting at the hands of Favidson...I'm leaning towards the experiment being a failure as well...
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 10:23:14 pm
I think we fired a guy who was a decent coach for a coach that was a bad coach then fired him for a former basketball player who doesn't know how to coach. 

This team was supposed to be turning the corner.  A full roster and size.  We just aren't any good. 
Mahna Mahna

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 10:27:19 pm
I think we fired a guy who was a decent coach for a coach that was a bad coach then fired him for a former basketball player who doesn't know how to coach. 

This team was supposed to be turning the corner.  A full roster and size.  We just aren't any good.
It's been awhile, but why was the guy with a 19 win season fired?

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 10:30:50 pm
He didn't get along with the crazy lady that's in charge.....
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 10:31:11 pm
I've said this in football threads and I'll come to bat for price.

It's impossible to properly evaluate coaches within this athletic department. In the words of s9er "our coaches bring a strongly worded letter to a gun fight"

He might be the next Brad Stevens and we'd never know.
#bus1

KTown49er

• Junior
    • http://
Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 10:41:09 pm

Hindsight being 20/20...wish we would have never fired the decent coach.

Would take him back in a millisecond right now and sign him to a lifetime contract.
Please Click the Following Links for Updated TR News:

KTown Introduces KSU to the Truth Revolution
KTown Introduces Our Own Ma Beasley to the Truth Revolution
KTown Introduces David Poole to the Truth Revolution

Copyright 2006
Truth Revolution Enterprises, LLC
Quote from: 49erFan1
Truth Revolution smacked down the Wildcat board with a fury neverbeforth seen.

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 10:41:45 pm
A lot of new parts trying to come together.  Id like to see what he does with this group as the season moves on

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 10:45:39 pm
A lot of new parts trying to come together.  Id like to see what he does with this group as the season moves on
With Price saying players are not playing with intensity, then I say give the mins to the kids that want to play hard.  The outcome can't be any worse.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 10:50:28 pm
Unfortunately I think he might not be a good coach....BUT....Judy has let this program fall so far, due to her lack of insight and marketing, that maybe our coaches just can't recruit because of it. If it was just one or two sports, yes that's coaching. But it's every damn sport we participate in. We aren't successful in any!

From sitting close to the bench, Proce tells them the right things, the players just don't execute worth a crap. It's a lack of hustle and fundamentals. Totally dumbfounding

MEGRNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 10:53:30 pm
He didn't get along with the crazy lady that's in charge.....

Actually, he couldn't get along with her boss.  And......his wife could cuss like a sailor.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 11:02:14 pm
Playing Austin A was mind blowing.  Kid needs to take a seat on the bench and not get up. 

Yes it's all on Judy but I'm thinking maybe Mark is another in a long list of great player last that don't make great coaches.

Mahna Mahna

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 11:06:58 pm
Playing Austin A was mind blowing.  Kid needs to take a seat on the bench and not get up. 

Yes it's all on Judy but I'm thinking maybe Mark is another in a long list of great player last that don't make great coaches.

I think you may be right with that last part. If so, we need to be really careful with our next hire. I was ok with Price when it happened, I thought it was worth the risk. Part of that was nostalgia from growing up watching him as a kid. But if one day he is fired, we need to make a great hire, or we are done

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 11:11:45 pm
I'm pretty pessimistic, but at this point you give Price a chance to make something of all these new guys and see how the season turns out. It does take time to rebuild after a coaching disaster like the last two years of Major, but it sure would be nice to see some kind of positive indicators, like some recruiting wins, improvement from one year to the next, a big win, even a top-half conference finish. Price has very few, if any, real positives signs to point to so far.

The program is definitely in the depths right now. I hope this is rock bottom. We desperately need a change in leadership at this point, a fresh vision and willingness to change. Though it may be too late to rebuild without a miracle. It's a shame, this program had a lot of potential with the revamped campus, the growing city, and the previous success. It's been mostly downhill since the 2nd half of our last NCAA game.

GreenWhite13

• Walk On
Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 02:41:13 am

Would take him back in a millisecond right now and sign him to a lifetime contract.

People are still crying about Bobby ? He choked away a Big Dance opportunity. 19 wins or not, he wasn't the right fit anymore. We hadn't made the NCAA tournament in years. Change was needed then, as it is most definitely needed now

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 04:14:27 am

People are still crying about Bobby ? He choked away a Big Dance opportunity. 19 wins or not, he wasn't the right fit anymore. We hadn't made the NCAA tournament in years. Change was needed then, as it is most definitely needed now

We were in the conversation for the NCAA his last season and were one win away from easily making the NIT. We aren’t even sniffing the NIT anymore. Bobby was the face of Charlotte basketball and we cut off our face. That move gutted our program and we’ve never been the same.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 06:15:42 am
Time to give the reigns to Fancher for the rest of the season. 

Coach Price, if you’re reading this, you could help the program if you walked away and threw Judy under the bus on your way out.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #21 on: November 29, 2017, 06:46:59 am

Not so much Bobby as it is just another piece of the destruction of Niner hoops under Judy and Phil.

From allowing Bobby to go into his final year to extending him to the reasons for firing him - all just further proof of how their decision process has had a negative impact on basketball.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:00:21 am by NinerWupAss »
Mahna Mahna

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 07:04:21 am
Hindsight is 50/50 as our esteemed QB says. 

Knowing what we know now, nobody would have fired Bobby.  It has become clear Bobby was never the problem. 

With that said, if he'd take the job, I'd give it to him tomorrow.  I don't think he'd work for Judy again, and he'd probably never come back here again. 
#bus1

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 07:08:10 am
Hindsight is 50/50 as our esteemed QB says. 

Knowing what we know now, nobody would have fired Bobby.  It has become clear Bobby was never the problem. 

With that said, if he'd take the job, I'd give it to him tomorrow.  I don't think he'd work for Judy or PHIL again, and he'd probably never come back here again.

Fixed.

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 07:32:08 am
Good coaches can take even bad basketball players and teach them to be fundamentally sound,
and play hard.
Our guys stand around and watch someone dribble the clock away.
No one goes to the lane for rebounds on a shot, and we give up layup after layup.
We're not good at free throws or even inbounding the ball.
Every set play after a time out is a disaster and complete confusion.
I was all on board with Price when he was hired.....but DAMN !
Maybe he's doing his part to push Judy out ???
THE NATIVES ARE NOT HAPPY !!!!!!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos