Author Topic: Davidson Postgame  (Read 946 times)

cibik02

• Head Coach
on: November 28, 2017, 09:43:28 pm
Not good enough. The coaching, the player execution.

The team normally looks like it struggles to play college basketball against any descent D1 team. The offensive sets are garbage. Dribble at top of key and wait for screens and then either pass and do it all again and or drive to the basket and play 1 on 2. Why does it look like pulling teeth to try and get a good shot up?

On defense, are coaches and players not aware of Davidson back door passes? Or... stand around and let their big guy dribble the length of the floor for uncontested dunk.

The Price system is not working.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:45:47 pm by cibik02 »

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:53:24 pm
I'm pretty sure Bob Mckillop smacking the s*** out of his players face that was trash talking with Davis was both inappropriate in this day and age and also funny as hell.

upperdeck

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 09:56:54 pm
I'm pretty sure Bob Mckillop smacking the s*** out of his players face that was trash talking with Davis was both inappropriate in this day and age and also funny as hell.

No kidding. He really hit him. Like hard, right in the head.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:03:34 pm
During post game radio wrap up, both Price and Jobey intimated that the team is not working/trying hard enough, doesn't want it bad enough, etc. I'd agree and add, not so talented either.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 10:16:25 pm
Price called timeout with 13 minutes left. Threw the drawing board on the floor. The team responded by scoring 4 points the next 4 minutes. That is Charlotte basketball in a nut shell.

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:17:30 pm
Davidson fans get it. From their forum:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
The Niners' fans are less than satisfied with the state of their athletic program. Their football team was 1-11 this season, losing to NC A&T. Their only win was 25-24 over UAB, which was restarting their team. UAB is bowl eligible.

Their men's basketball team has not gone to the NCAA Tournament since 2005. They won their last NCAA game in 2001. They were in Conference USA then with Louisville, Cincinnati, and Memphis. They were not invited to join the Big East because they didn't play football and had no plans to. They joined the A10.

Judy Rose became their Athletic Director in the early '90s because Jeff Mullins could not remain their AD and Basketball Coach. (Thank Jim Valvano for that.) She has seen them move up and down from conference to conference. For many years, she celebrated their lack of a football team because it allowed the Niners to be Title IX compliant.

After the better conferences eschewed UNCC and a new chancellor arrived, Ms. Rose became a huge advocate of football and claimed she had always been. UNCC added its team, but a decade after South Florida.

UNCC's fans are upset with their most prominent teams' performances this year. When they look for who might be responsible for their teams' lackluster performances, they see an AD who has been there 20+ years.

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 10:19:00 pm
Went to the game, prob will be my last. Highlight was seeing the 3+ signs down in the student section #firejudyrose and the chants to go along. There were a lot of ppl looking and smiling and taking pictures. It was def noticed.

*my buddy and I chuckled when the t-shirt canon malfunctioned...basically shooting blanks. State of our athletics.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:23:54 pm by charlottewkndbuzz »

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 10:25:43 pm
T shirt gun was fantastic. They let the co2 run for 10 seconds so you knew they were screwed.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 10:29:26 pm
Davidson fans get it. From their forum:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
The Niners' fans are less than satisfied with the state of their athletic program. Their football team was 1-11 this season, losing to NC A&T. Their only win was 25-24 over UAB, which was restarting their team. UAB is bowl eligible.

Their men's basketball team has not gone to the NCAA Tournament since 2005. They won their last NCAA game in 2001. They were in Conference USA then with Louisville, Cincinnati, and Memphis. They were not invited to join the Big East because they didn't play football and had no plans to. They joined the A10.

Judy Rose became their Athletic Director in the early '90s because Jeff Mullins could not remain their AD and Basketball Coach. (Thank Jim Valvano for that.) She has seen them move up and down from conference to conference. For many years, she celebrated their lack of a football team because it allowed the Niners to be Title IX compliant.

After the better conferences eschewed UNCC and a new chancellor arrived, Ms. Rose became a huge advocate of football and claimed she had always been. UNCC added its team, but a decade after South Florida.

UNCC's fans are upset with their most prominent teams' performances this year. When they look for who might be responsible for their teams' lackluster performances, they see an AD who has been there 20+ years.

clt says the appy fans get it. The Davidson fans get it. The other fans in our conference get it, we are a hibernating bear. They are glad we are hibernating because we will be great if we ever wake up.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 07:55:18 am
I remember when these post game threads were 8 pages long. Now we struggle to get 8 total replies.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 09:52:05 am
17 turnovers.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 02:22:09 pm
I remember when these post game threads were 8 pages long. Now we struggle to get 8 total replies.

Nobody f'n cares anymore.  Rose has destroyed Charlotte Athletics.  MBB is dead (been dead for about 5 years now, or longer for some) and FB died this season.  Sad state of affairs for alumni who care about their school.

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 03:04:57 pm
17 turnovers.
Might want to change your signature.  I don't think we're ever gonna be good again
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos