Author Topic: Niner Statistics Wanted: Letter to BOT to Remove Judy  (Read 3095 times)

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: December 01, 2017, 08:57:28 pm
Does Price realize RPI should be going down to 1 and not increasing towards 300? RPI forecast has us 256 as of now. If things don't change it would be 5 declining years and the 3rd under Price. I guess we should "trust the process".

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #26 on: December 01, 2017, 09:21:51 pm
Since MBB earns revenue...
I would be shocked if MBB earns revenue.
#unc-CHeatingPays

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #27 on: December 01, 2017, 09:48:48 pm
I watched Price's postgame presser after Davidson...He seemed disheartened and almost like he was giving up.It was depressing...he had no answers.And now i'm watching Davidson...a school a fraction of our size...and they look like a REAL team.

I've just about given up because it seems like noone in power gives a crap that our standards have sunk so low.I'm ashamed.I used to have 2 season tix every year till last year....And that's just my feelings on bball. How ANY AD with any self respect could keep a coach with the performance of Lambert....As long as Judy is here we have no hope...It's that simple.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #28 on: December 01, 2017, 10:10:48 pm

Women's basketball last year didn't even break $5k, yet our leader insists on giving them the same marketing as our men.  I don't recall what our men's revenue was but it was WAY higher than $5k.
Mahna Mahna

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 10:21:43 pm
I was a freshman in 1990.....so my first 15yrs as a Niner was amazing. 
Excellence was the standard and all I knew.....for 15 years.

And where the program has been over the last 9 is unfathomable to me.  That we could fall that far....and for that long.

Unreal.

Embarrassing.

But...I'm telling you...the #1 influential factor is Conference Affiliation.  We will not fix our competitive woes longterm if we do not figure out a way to position ourselves for a move to at least the AAC.  It is so much larger than changing coaches or even the AD or Chancellor...unless a new AD or Chancellor could get us into a better Conference.  Look at the chart....Conference affiliation and RPI are directly correlated.

Leader,

I agree with you about the importance of conference affiliation.

But I believe that ship has sailed.

Even if the AAC decides to expand they just are not going to be looking at us do to our poor performance.

We really donít offer anything anymore with the weakness of our basketball program.

The simple truth is that a lack of vision by our Leadership back in the metro and early CUSA years has caused this.

They were a day late and a dollar short with Football.

And the next big mistake was leaving the A10 to play FBS football.

I didnít believe it at the time but Iím hindsight we should have stayed in the A-10 and played FCS. Even if we had to be an independent.

The problem with our situation is this.

We went to CUSA which was a big step down in conference quality for basketball, so we could play FBS. But we have screwed the pooch on football, so now we suck at both.

In the A10 at least we could get some decent recruits in basketball. Have you looked at the detail on who we are competing with for our basketball recruits?  Itís pathetic.

And to make it worse, our cross town rival Davidson took our spot in the A10 and now they are dominating us.

We used to dominate Davidson. It was an upset when they beat us. Now thatís flipped.

We are no longer the best basketball program in Charlotte.

Let that sink in.

And guess what?  There is no hope moving forward.

Our leadership is completely clueless.

There is no hope of improvement until the AD is gone.

Thatís the bottom line.

And probably we need the chancellor gone as well.

His tolerance of mediocrity is shocking. He obviously doesnít give a damn about athletics, which is fine but he should at least want us to be average.

We are not even average! 

This AD and our university leadership missed the boat completely.

Our only hope now is for a major financial shakeup in FBS that causes geographic realignment and divides the P5 and G5.

If that happens we might be able to stabilize in a regional conference and start competing at the newly established second tier level.

Some of you may not agree with the idea of competing in what will essentially be a new FCS, but itís plain to see (to me at least) that we are never going to be able to compete at the highest level in FBS. Whatís the point?  Some mediocre bowl game in Orlando or Texas? 

You can keep it.

I would rather have a chance at the FCS or equivalent playoffs.

The entire FBS and P5/G5 structure is built to keep the non P5 schools down. Itís not a level playing field and I have had enough of it. It makes me sick.

There were some on this board that said from day one we should not leave the A10 for FBS due to the expected impact on basketball and you were 100% right.

Bottom line for me is Iím sick of this BS college sports landscape and the pathetic nature of our leadership makes it even tougher to take.

I donít expect any big turn around any time soon. I donít believe we have hit rock bottom yet.

Our current AD CAN take us lower.

It all starts at the top, and we have been poorly served for over 20 years.

I really feel for the students having to foot that athletics fee to recieve this garbage. Itís unconscionable.

49erMCD

• Walk On
Reply #30 on: December 01, 2017, 10:42:37 pm
Serious question: Phil has failed at athletics: fact. What has he done for the school and academics?

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 10:48:55 pm

Women's basketball last year didn't even break $5k, yet our leader insists on giving them the same marketing as our men.  I don't recall what our men's revenue was but it was WAY higher than $5k.
FYI that was Gate Receipts.

Gate receipts from 2016/2017 academic year:

FB - $1,047,713
MBB - $362,362
Baseball - $41,152
WBB - $4,891
MSOC - $4,814
VB - $2,703
WSOC - $1,939
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:53:28 pm by moss2k »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #32 on: December 01, 2017, 11:08:21 pm

FYI that was Gate Receipts.

Gate receipts from 2016/2017 academic year:

FB - $1,047,713
MBB - $362,362
Baseball - $41,152
WBB - $4,891
MSOC - $4,814
VB - $2,703
WSOC - $1,939

Ouch.  So Baseball has gate revenues almost 10 times more than WBB, yet she insists on giving the baseball team almost nothing, giving WBB close to the same amount as MBB, and giving Softball a million dollar indoor practice facility while making the baseball program raise their own funds for their indoor facility.  IMO this is a major problem and I blame no one but Judy.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

chidave

• Junior
Reply #33 on: December 01, 2017, 11:09:18 pm
Hmm does baseball include the downtown games or do we split revenue on those?

chidave

• Junior
Reply #34 on: December 01, 2017, 11:11:52 pm
Serious question: Phil has failed at athletics: fact. What has he done for the school and academics?

He got us a medical school! Oh wait...

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 11:25:30 pm

He got us a medical school! Oh wait...

Hah!  He got UNC-CHEAT a medical establishment in Charlotte.  And don't forget.... He chopped down the Belk Tower. 

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #36 on: December 02, 2017, 05:52:47 am
This morning it hit me. Phil said "I don't understand why Torin Don't and Keyshawn Woods wouldn't want to play for Mark Price"

ITS BECAUSE YOU AND JUDY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE DOING YOU ARROGANT PIECE OF UNIVERSITY CHANCELLORING GARBAGE

and now all those former players are joining the tweeter machine to preach their story :)
#bus1

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #37 on: December 02, 2017, 11:12:27 am
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #38 on: December 02, 2017, 12:24:57 pm
This morning it hit me. Phil said "I don't understand why Torin Don't and Keyshawn Woods wouldn't want to play for Mark Price"

ITS BECAUSE YOU AND JUDY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE DOING YOU ARROGANT PIECE OF UNIVERSITY CHANCELLORING GARBAGE

and now all those former players are joining the tweeter machine to preach their story :)

Former basketball players? What are they saying?

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #39 on: December 02, 2017, 12:54:31 pm
Fellas
Iím new to the board.  Iím been disgusted by the decline in 49er sports over the past decade...I am a season ticket holder in football and basketball but canít continue unless these bozos are relieved of duty.  Tim, I used to hangout with you and the Swiler brothers back in the day...back when 49er sports meant something.  I miss those days...
Send me a message tell me who you are me and Swiler still best friends hang out all the time
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:00:49 pm by punchdrunk »
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #40 on: December 02, 2017, 01:07:30 pm

Not sure about all of them...but Willie Clayton tweeted that all of the guys that transferred during his time here transferred because of Judy.  He didn't elaborate any further with details...but that was pretty powerful.  Players didn't leave over coaching or playing time but because of the AD....per Willie.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #41 on: December 02, 2017, 01:21:31 pm

Not sure about all of them...but Willie Clayton tweeted that all of the guys that transferred during his time here transferred because of Judy.  He didn't elaborate any further with details...but that was pretty powerful.  Players didn't leave over coaching or playing time but because of the AD....per Willie.

If thatís true, that would be a huge excuse for Major, he kept losing players that would hd significantly contributed.

In addition, that means no matter who we get in, building a powerful program is going to be almost impossible if she has that sorts influence on the team.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #42 on: December 02, 2017, 01:29:35 pm

3 of the 4 other programs did better than us in every year in except Year 1 when 4 of 4 did better.
Year 4 Judy has stated we "over performed".  3 of the 4 programs did far better than we did in their 4th year, the other had a new coach.
Interesting that all 5 programs regressed in Year 5.  One fired their coach over it.  Charlotte had the sharpest regression.

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #43 on: December 02, 2017, 01:41:42 pm

3 of the 4 other programs did better than us in every year in except Year 1 when 4 of 4 did better.
Year 4 Judy has stated we "over performed".  3 of the 4 programs did far better than we did in their 4th year, the other had a new coach.
Interesting that all 5 programs regressed in Year 5.  One fired their coach over it.  Charlotte had the sharpest regression.

Now what did these other schools do in year 6? what should we expect for next year based on these trends?
ďAll that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universalĒ

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #44 on: December 02, 2017, 02:34:48 pm

That is VERY disturbing!!!

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 07:26:22 am

Now what did these other schools do in year 6? what should we expect for next year based on these trends?

NLP

Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 11:21:29 am
In case anyone doesn't understand the complexities of Sagarin ratings, you don't want a high one.

ninermac

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • http://www.ninernation.net
Reply #47 on: December 03, 2017, 01:26:16 pm
In case anyone doesn't understand the complexities of Sagarin ratings, you don't want a high one.
Yeah, not sure if that chart is going to be used directly, but reversing that axis and making the Charlotte line green might help interpret. Otherwise, the uninformed 5 second look will say weíre doing great. And the whole problem here is everyone this is going to is woefully uninformed it seems.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #48 on: December 03, 2017, 01:33:36 pm
Yeah, not sure if that chart is going to be used directly, but reversing that axis and making the Charlotte line green might help interpret. Otherwise, the uninformed 5 second look will say weíre doing great. And the whole problem here is everyone this is going to is woefully uninformed it seems.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #49 on: December 03, 2017, 01:48:31 pm

I can hear Judy now.  "We did better than GA State in their startup years. I recommend our fans forget football and check our women's basketball program".

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos