Author Topic: Niner Statistics Wanted: Letter to BOT to Remove Judy  (Read 3083 times)

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #50 on: December 03, 2017, 01:53:39 pm
What I find crazy is how many people talked about how careful we were to analyze the other programs that had started football to make sure we learned from their mistakes and we learned what works to ensure that we do it right.  All that time and research....and THIS is the best we could do??

Plus...how many times we heard early on wow...Charlotte is doing it the right way (in regards to building a program). 

Is it just me....I don't think we could be any worse if we did ZERO research and intentionally planned to do things the "wrong" way.

CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #51 on: December 03, 2017, 02:09:45 pm
What I find crazy is how many people talked about how careful we were to analyze the other programs that had started football to make sure we learned from their mistakes and we learned what works to ensure that we do it right.  All that time and research....and THIS is the best we could do??

Plus...how many times we heard early on wow...Charlotte is doing it the right way (in regards to building a program). 

Is it just me....I don't think we could be any worse if we did ZERO research and intentionally planned to do things the "wrong" way.
Preachin.
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #52 on: December 03, 2017, 03:17:43 pm
UAB was 119 this season for anyone curious.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #53 on: December 03, 2017, 04:10:29 pm
clt says this is way too complex.

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #54 on: December 03, 2017, 06:35:32 pm

If this is the right way to build a program...my God.....I don't ever want to experience the wrong way. 

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #55 on: December 03, 2017, 11:37:39 pm
UAB was 119 this season for anyone curious.
Might as well add them to the chart.  The more ammo the better.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #56 on: December 03, 2017, 11:46:21 pm
Judy has a top 100 salary for FBS programs (http://sportsinfo.pro/AthleticDirector2017.html). Trying to find salary table for all D1 institutions.

***She's at 300k/year now***

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #57 on: December 04, 2017, 07:41:53 am
clt says our fans are excellent researchers, and can comprehend complex concepts.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #59 on: December 04, 2017, 08:56:06 am
for those not on twitter:

Charlotte teams didnít make the postseason in any sport in 2017. There are 357 D1 schools in the NCAA. Only 69 did not make a post season. Of those, Charlotte has the 2nd highest budget at $32.9 million. The average of other 68 teams was $15.7 million.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #60 on: December 04, 2017, 09:11:44 am
for those not on twitter:

Charlotte teams didnít make the postseason in any sport in 2017. There are 357 D1 schools in the NCAA. Only 69 did not make a post season. Of those, Charlotte has the 2nd highest budget at $32.9 million. The average of other 68 teams was $15.7 million.

DUBOIS OWN PUBLIC STATEMENT FOR FIRING OTHERS:

You will have a hard time getting me to say anything negative about Bobby as an individual or even as a coach. We looked at the record the last five years, we've gone to the NIT twice and we've not gone three times and that by definition says you're out of the top 97 teams and maybe more than that. With the investment we've made in basketball, we have to be better than that.

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2010/03/q-with-judy-rose-and-dr-philip-dubois.html

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 09:18:54 am by punchdrunk »

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #61 on: December 04, 2017, 10:13:44 am
I agree with you about the importance of conference affiliation.

But I believe that ship has sailed.

Even if the AAC decides to expand they just are not going to be looking at us do to our poor performance.

We really donít offer anything anymore with the weakness of our basketball program.

The simple truth is that a lack of vision by our Leadership back in the metro and early CUSA years has caused this.

They were a day late and a dollar short with Football.

And the next big mistake was leaving the A10 to play FBS football.

And guess what?  There is no hope moving forward.

Our leadership is completely clueless.

There is no hope of improvement until the AD is gone.

Thatís the bottom line.

And probably we need the chancellor gone as well.

His tolerance of mediocrity is shocking. He obviously doesnít give a damn about athletics, which is fine but he should at least want us to be average.

We are not even average! 

This AD and our university leadership missed the boat completely.

Our only hope now is for a major financial shakeup in FBS that causes geographic realignment and divides the P5 and G5.

If that happens we might be able to stabilize in a regional conference and start competing at the newly established second tier level.

Some of you may not agree with the idea of competing in what will essentially be a new FCS, but itís plain to see (to me at least) that we are never going to be able to compete at the highest level in FBS. Whatís the point?  Some mediocre bowl game in Orlando or Texas? 

You can keep it.

I would rather have a chance at the FCS or equivalent playoffs.

The entire FBS and P5/G5 structure is
Bottom line for me is Iím sick of this BS college sports landscape and the pathetic nature of our leadership makes it even tougher to take.

I donít expect any big turn around any time soon. I donít believe we have hit rock bottom yet.

Our current AD CAN take us lower.

It all starts at the top, and we have been poorly served for over 20 years.

I really feel for the students having to foot that athletics fee to recieve this garbage. Itís unconscionable.

There is still a chance that each P5 conference goes to 14 schools. This would set up a max of 6 teams that could be raided from the AAC. In order to move up to the AAC we would have to be one of the best 6 teams currently not in the AAC or Mountain West at the time this happens. Each of these is incredibly unlikely, but still theoretically possible. I just wanted to actually write out what the best case scenario for us to have a chance at moving to the AAC.

All of this has changed my mind greatly on the subject of college sports, conferences, etc. I still understand the argument that players at big time schools such as Notre Dame or Clemson should receive payment. That being said, this argument that football generates revenue for the rest of the school is nonsense for the majority of schools, even at the D1 level. Sports Talk Radio will never mention this because they make most of their money off of broadcasting those same minority # of schools.

I'm not sure how I would feel if every FBS program began paying their players. We are heavily subsidizing football with student fees. I would really like to see how some of the students feel about that. You will feel it even more heavily once you graduate and start paying on your student loans.

That being said, I am truly worried at this point that any move away from CUSA would be even worse; that is, unless something major happens and everything realigns based off geography or the P5 separates from the rest.

At one time I was very much against the P5 pulling away from everyone else, but due to a plethora of issues (chiefly funding) I think it may actually be best for us (at least in football). But so long as teams like UCF, Houston, and Boise State continue to have successful years I'm sure those programs will be very much against this idea.

Judy should not be congratulated for bringing us football. She should have brought us football 10-15 years prior. That is the crux of all of our issues with conference realignment. We showed up to the party way too late.

We need a new chancellor as well as a new AD if anything positive is to be done about our situation.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #62 on: December 04, 2017, 10:57:18 am
Imagine being so out of touch that you respond to all of this madness by hiring a consulting firm.
#bus1

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #63 on: December 04, 2017, 11:57:01 am
DUBOIS OWN PUBLIC STATEMENT FOR FIRING OTHERS:

You will have a hard time getting me to say anything negative about Bobby as an individual or even as a coach. We looked at the record the last five years, we've gone to the NIT twice and we've not gone three times and that by definition says you're out of the top 97 teams and maybe more than that. With the investment we've made in basketball, we have to be better than that.

http://gmine.blogspot.com/2010/03/q-with-judy-rose-and-dr-philip-dubois.html

This needs to be rubbed all in his face for a response.

We need him to respond on how his philosophy on performance has changed so much since then...and why.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos