Author Topic: What Would It Take  (Read 396 times)

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
on: December 03, 2017, 05:23:53 pm
Good conversation in the shout box.  What would it take to make you reconsider pulling season tickets and donations??

Possibly: Staff position for Tommy Knotts- Local legend (10 combined state titles - Independence6, WC - 1 and Dutch Fork 3 and counting) with a TON of ties in NC/SC...would make a huge boon to recruiting locally.

Definitely: Danny Morrison - AD: No reasoning needed
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 05:49:13 pm
I was going to drop my FSLs this year, but a member of the AD reached out to me, and allowed me to voice my concerns. So I paid for the tickets, and still have basketball tickets.

I have decided that as of now, I will maintain my level of giving, which by now should be more. The second, and I mean the absolute second, we have an AD with a marketing and sales mindset, I will be a green jacket donor annually. But until then I just can't see it.

If we hire an AD from within, unless they have some grand ideas, I will be done. We need to have new vision at the top.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:48:29 pm
Judy actually set visible goals for 49er club, men's basketball and football, stick to those goals, and fire people when they don't get met and I'm running back with open arms regardless of how bad our record is.

Oh yea, and stop being rude to fans and donors.
#bus1

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:59:43 pm
This is not rocket science.....but I know it is so complex.........

1.  Set specific, measurable goals that fall within a given timeline.
2.  Provide a plan for the future (especially in football and MBB).  They are called revenue sports.
3.  Act like I am a fellow human being.  I have given thousands and Judy walks right by me all the time without as much as a thank you for being here every game. I do not feel valued. 
4.  Hold coaches and employees accountable.  If they are doing their jobs poorly, maybe they are better suited for something else (Brad Lambert, Alan Major, Jeff Mullen, Bruce Tall...................)  We hold on way too long.
5.  Show me what my donations are going toward.  I have no clue except for some book that I don't want to read.
6.  Provide affordable fundraising events for middle class donors.  It is called engaging your market.  I honestly don't fall into this market but know others that do and you are totally whiffing on them. 

I know these are very complex but I think anyone with a high school diploma and decent personality could pull it off.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 07:03:07 pm by FSL Owner »

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 07:03:02 pm

2.  Provide a plan for the future (especially in football and MBB).  They are called revenue sports.
3.  Act like I am a fellow human being.  I have given thousands and Judy walks right by me all the time without as much as a thank you for being here every game. I do not feel valued. 
4.  Hold coaches and employees accountable.  If they are doing their jobs poorly, maybe they are better suited for something else (Brad Lambert, Alan Major, Jeff Mullen, Bruce Tall...................) 
5.  Show me what my donations are going toward.  I have no clue except for some book that I don't want to read.
6.  Provide affordable events for middle class donors.

I know these are very complex but I think anyone with a high school diploma and decent personality could pull it off.

One thing I think our AD does do well is the events. We have several that get us close to the coaches such as basketball pre-season meal, Triad golf outing, and the auction. You should definitely attend these if you haven't.

But with that being said, carry on with the negatives....

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 07:11:28 pm

4.  Hold coaches and employees accountable.  If they are doing their jobs poorly, maybe they are better suited for something else (Brad Lambert, Alan Major, Jeff Mullen, Bruce Tall...................) 
6.  Provide affordable events for middle class donors.

One thing I think our AD does do well is the events. We have several that get us close to the coaches such as basketball pre-season meal, Triad golf outing, and the auction. You should definitely attend these if you haven't.

But with that being said, carry on with the negatives....

I have attended the auction multiple times.  Great event!  I have not attended the Triad golf outing but will try to make it a point to.  I am not sure that the average up and coming middle class person could afford the auction though.  I just think we need to engage the future big time givers. Probably didn't express that the best.

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 07:12:08 pm
New Athletics Director.

Emailed the ticket office and asked them to not bother contacting me unless that changes.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos