Author Topic: Advice for AD  (Read 1750 times)

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
on: December 03, 2017, 05:50:38 pm
I know you guys (AD) read this board. I wanna throw you guys a bone. 

#1 this thing didn't start on this board. I know you all are blaming us, but it flat out didn't. You all read the board. We clearly didn't plan for it to get out of hand. We are happy about it, but this is bigger than NN.N.  this happened organically whether you like it or not. Banner guy joined to tell us he was flying a banner and WE all called bull. Look how that ended up.

#2 this thing has little to do with football. Stop spinning it that way.

#3 Ninernation.net could not stop this if we wanted to. You have a large fan base now. It's time to get used to it. Most of the people participating in this are not on this site. Some got mad in the 90s when we didn't start football. Many got mad in 05 when we were left out of conference shuffle. Most got mad about you fighting football "fantasy dollars" and even more got mad about Bobby.  This is years in the making. I don't see it dying in a week. We'll see though.

#4 your most significant issues are with students. They are most pissed at you. We have been mad at you way longer, but you knew that. You know who all of us are. You are more than welcome to call and discuss. These students are everywhere, especially Gameday. If the truth was known, my sign wasn't even seen on Gameday. I'm a short guy. Chidave came but had to leave before 10. NWA couldn't come. Barstool guy couldn't come. THIS WASNT US.  We used to all know each other but now we don't. And that's healthy for a fan base. The student fee was designed to get us football and then grow our donor base. Not for you to have an endless pot of money.

#5 IF YOU WANT IT TO STOP THROW US A BONE.  BE TRANSPARENT FOR ONCE. GIVE US CONCRETE GOALS. HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE. even just telling us a plan for Judy's retirement. All the family members in the AD has to stop. That's common sense business practice, and you guys are all professional enough to understand why.

#6 there are some hurtful lies being spread about Judy.  I've read them, and I've defended the BS.  I think we all have.  I hate that and it's incredibly unfortunate. With that said its further proof it's not coming from this site.  The people here know the facts. We don't need lies.

#7 public opinion is so far in in favor of needing new leadership that the MAYOR OF CHARLOTTE deleted her tweet about the situation yesterday.  You have former athletes speaking out everywhere across several sports. You guys are really appearing tone deaf. Stop insulting us with "incomplete understanding" BS.  Our issues are real. Judy had exactly as much experience directing a football program as the members of this board when we got one. Telling us we know nothing about it is asinine. Check the mirror.

#8 hopefully nobody's donation amount is ever thrown in their face again. That's part of the hate.

#9 it might be a good idea to respond to criticism instead of deflect and deny for 10 years. Perfect example is Nathan Butler a few years back. A simple "maybe you guys aren't being stupid" would suffice. For God sake there is a functioning website selling t shirts for this. It's more than "a small group of fans."

#10. You know how to end this.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:26:35 am by ImfromClayton »
#bus1

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:01:40 pm
Good post. But they have been transparent enough for me. I don't want Judy running things any longer, and I haven't for a while. The more she speaks, the more it hurts.

I want OUR Athletic Dept run like a sales business. I want to walk into our facilities, and the staff be pumped to be there. I want to see marketing in our community. I want our athletes and coaches held accountable.

I take pride in being a Niner. We need more of that, but have been too lousy for too long, at every damn sport possible.

It's time to open the windows and get fresh air on our campus and community. We can win again, but not with this administration.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:09:23 pm
I want OUR Athletic Dept run like a sales business. I want to walk into our facilities, and the staff be pumped to be there. I want to see marketing in our community. I want our athletes and coaches held accountable.

The thought of this is almost arousing.

Sorry.

But it is.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 06:52:21 pm

The thought of this is almost arousing.

Sorry.

But it is.

Hahaha I'm right there with you.

And I want to make one thing clear....this isn't a problem new to 2017, or 5 years ago. This was a problem in the early 2000s when I was on campus. Yes, we sold out Cindy and a few others, but on a constant basis, we were under attended for our level of performance.

The AD used to ask the Sports Marketing Association for ideas on getting people to the games. While I liked that idea, I remember thinking, why the hell are you asking me, a Sophmore in college??? Spend some money and advertise! Market this beast. Now fast forward 10 years and the only beast we have to market is a bare assed cat with one side of its whiskers shaved.

We need a new AD and we need it now.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 06:57:16 pm
And one more thing. STOP BRAGGING ABOUT SEAT LICENSE RETENTION RATE. IT SHOULD BE 100% UNLESS SOMEONE DIES.

Every seat license you lose is someone who made a lifetime commitment and gave up on you.
#bus1

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 08:01:29 pm
Unc controls Phil

Phil controls uncc

We never will get horsepower.  We are built to stay in the slow lane by design.  If you think anyone in AD, handpicked  BOT, or chancellor wants us to be successful i.e. UCF, Mem, USF then you are not paying attn.

This is the root of everything wrong today.  It began the day Dubois stepped on campus
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:04:31 pm by punchdrunk »
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 08:34:02 pm
Unc controls Phil

Phil controls uncc

We never will get horsepower.  We are built to stay in the slow lane by design.  If you think anyone in AD, handpicked  BOT, or chancellor wants us to be successful i.e. UCF, Mem, USF then you are not paying attn.

This is the root of everything wrong today.  It began the day Dubois stepped on campus

While I don't disagree with this  totally, we know UNC didn't want us to have football.  They did everything they could to stop it.  They could not.  They can't stop it if we put heat on them and keep it there. 
Mahna Mahna

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 08:36:54 pm
I really think they think this is still some tiny minority of disgruntled people.

We have been telling you guys what's "Mickey mouse" for years. All of a sudden more people care.

You gotta stop being Mickey Mouse to shut these people up.

#bus1

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 08:40:17 pm
#7 public opinion is so far in in favor of needing new leadership that the mayor deleted her tweet about the situation yesterday.

What's this about?  Missed this one.
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 08:58:27 pm
#7 public opinion is so far in in favor of needing new leadership that the mayor deleted her tweet about the situation yesterday.

The mayor of charlotte tweeted about the only thing people talking about was the negativity of one of the signs.

Then she got blasted by people calling her out on it because they were mad.

Then she deleted the tweet.
#bus1

Florida49er2009

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 09:02:36 pm
truth serum.

you have got to go. sorry you are totally responsible. sexism won't save you. YOU R GONE

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 09:06:30 pm
truth serum.

you have got to go. sorry you are totally responsible. sexism won't save you. YOU R GONE

We don't need these comments. Please stop. This isn't about that.
#bus1

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 09:22:06 pm

The mayor of charlotte tweeted about the only thing people talking about was the negativity of one of the signs.

I'm lost, what did they mayor tweet about? A fire Judy sign?

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 09:26:06 pm

I'm lost, what did they mayor tweet about? A fire Judy sign?

Yes, a fire Judy sign..  Tried to spin it as being negative and was confronted by many.  She then deleted quickly....

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 09:27:53 pm
That's interesting. Glad everyone let her know about our situation.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 09:31:20 pm
The mayor has Twitter? Who gives a bleep what she has to say.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 09:36:16 pm
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:16:52 pm by moss2k »

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 09:41:18 pm

chidave

• Junior
Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 11:32:04 pm
I canít think of anything more positive than what is represented by that sign. If the mayor would like to learn about the mismanagement of the athletic department and its impact on the city we would be happy to discuss it with her.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:39:42 pm by chidave »

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 10:22:53 am

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 11:30:11 am
Thing is, even if this dies off as basketball season comes to a close, it's gonna get going as soon as august rolls around again. 

It's absurd they can't see that.
#bus1

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 12:11:06 pm

Oh I hope that was BLASTED!!

It was. I think based on the reaction she realized she had no idea what she was talking about.

Same person that cost the city millions of dollars and thousands of jobs by creating a problem that really didn't exist.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 02:33:07 pm

It was. I think based on the reaction she realized she had no idea what she was talking about.

Same person that cost the city millions of dollars and thousands of jobs by creating a problem that really didn't exist.

Let's focus on what needs to be done instead of re-litigating past political issues.

This is about our athletic department and its mismanagement. Our fanbase is more united than most of us have ever seen it. No need to bring divisive politics into it.
DUCK FAVIDSON

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #23 on: December 04, 2017, 04:37:01 pm

Let's focus on what needs to be done instead of re-litigating past political issues.

This is about our athletic department and its mismanagement. Our fanbase is more united than most of us have ever seen it. No need to bring divisive politics into it.

I couldn't agree more.  I am so frustrated how politics now is everywhere...hollywood, sports world, etc....there are few places to escape the corrrupt, hypocritical, demeaning sh!t that is spewed now a days...FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE.

Let's keep NNN political free!!

The past week has been so much fun on this board that I would hate to see it derailed at the expense of the political crap I come to this board to escape from in the first place!!!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #24 on: December 04, 2017, 06:27:53 pm

I couldn't agree more.  I am so frustrated how politics now is everywhere...hollywood, sports world, etc....there are few places to escape the corrrupt, hypocritical, demeaning sh!t that is spewed now a days...FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE.

Let's keep NNN political free!!

The past week has been so much fun on this board that I would hate to see it derailed at the expense of the political crap I come to this board to escape from in the first place!!!

Thanks to you guys I have decided to come back online and support this effort.  I have completely cut my funding to the University since Lambert's staying announcement. 

If the AD's staff does read these I want you to know that my son and I spent about $250 on tickets, food, and parking at the Hurricanes hockey game on Saturday.  Hurricanes have been mediocre for some time, but the fan experience at the game was great.  In our section there was a waitress taking our food orders so we didn't have to get out of our seats.  We spent $85 on food and drinks probably for this reason.  They split their version of the gold dusters up to each corner of the arena to pump the crowd up.  They would have a fan ring a siren to get the team out of the locker rooms at the start of each period.  Another staff member or fan would blow a horn in different parts of the arena followed by the crowd chanting.  They just did it right and it was the best game of any type that I have been to in years.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos