Author Topic: Wake pregame  (Read 891 times)

Run49er

• Chancellor
on: December 04, 2017, 08:49:43 pm
This will mark the first true road game of the season for the Deacs (4-4), who have won 4 of their last 5 after an 0-3 start.

Former Niner Keyshawn Woods is averaging a team second best 15.6 ppg coming off the bench for Wake.

Deacs lead series 6-2, with Wake winning the most recent matchup 91-74 last season in Winston-Salem.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:03:01 am
Not unsurprisingly, Keyshawn Woods is the focus of these pregame pieces.

Charlotteobserver.com: Why did Keyshawn Woods transfer from the Charlotte 49ers to Wake Forest?

Journalnow.com: Deacons see steps of improvement

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:37:18 am
I remember a time when we would have been jacked up to HOST an ACC team at Halton Arena.  Today it is just ...meh.

In fact, I think one of our last sellouts was when we hosted Clemson in 2008.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=28500&CONTENT_ID=208163

Any TV for tonight's game?

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 12:43:56 pm
I remember a time when we would have been jacked up to HOST an ACC team at Halton Arena.  Today it is just ...meh.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewContent.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=28500&CONTENT_ID=208163

It's on Stadium which I know you can watch through Twitter.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 01:01:32 pm

It's on Stadium which I know you can watch through Twitter.

Facebook feed for the game:
https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeBasketball/videos/783541888499236/

Ninerfan89

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 03:42:21 pm
Guys...I was a sophomore in '08 for that Clemson game. We stood outside for something like 8 hours so we could get even half-decent seats in the student section (still ended up 12 rows high). Hell, we almost stayed overnight. The state of this program is pathetic and sad.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 03:48:02 pm
Guys...I was a sophomore in '08 for that Clemson game. We stood outside for something like 8 hours so we could get even half-decent seats in the student section (still ended up 12 rows high). Hell, we almost stayed overnight. The state of this program is pathetic and sad.
I was above the opponent tunnel for that game as a sophomore as well. Damn you Lamont Mack!

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 03:48:47 pm

That's sad for another reason.  There was ONE time you waited in a line for 8 hrs and ALMOST spent the night.

Camping out for tickets was a REGULAR thing for at least 2-3 games each season from 95-05.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:47 pm

That's sad for another reason.  There was ONE time you waited in a line for 8 hrs and ALMOST spent the night.

Camping out for tickets was a REGULAR thing for at least 2-3 games each season from 95-05.
Campouts where so much fun. Players coming around, beer pong, people with shitty cots that woke everyone up and space heaters trying to burn tents down.

ninermac

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • http://www.ninernation.net
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 04:10:05 pm

Campouts where so much fun. Players coming around, beer pong, people with shitty cots that woke everyone up and space heaters trying to burn tents down.
:'(

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 04:27:24 pm
I, for one, hope fans show up tonight and loudly support our team.  You can adamantly demand vision and result-driven success, as you should.  But I would like to think that can be done parallel to supporting our teams on the field/court.  We've got a visiting team coming into Halton tonight from the ACC.  I would like tonight to show what support looks like in this environment and give team/administration a view of how things could look IF things were on an upward trend.  I fear the mob mentality diminishes honest and hard working efforts to make a change.  Maybe I'm an idealist.  Voices be heard.  Stand up for what you feel is important and can affect change.  But I hope both can be accomplished without disrespecting the players and team. 

Ninerfan89

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 06:14:37 am

Full disclosure -- I was at nearly every game in a working capacity. My point was that you could probably show up five minutes before tip now and get front row in student section

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos