Author Topic: CHANCELLOR DUBOIS interview on WFNZ tomorrow morning at 7:25  (Read 5731 times)

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
NINER NATION,

Phil, even though we are still a small group of fans, has decided to come on the Mac attack on 610 am, 102.5 FM WFNZ AT 7:25 tomorrow morning.  I'd encourage you all to listen, and HOLD HIM ACCOUNTABLE. 

With that said, I'm gonna send a list of quotes, questions, and other goodies to Mac and Bone for material.  IF PHIL HAS EVER CHASTIZED YOU IN AN EMAIL NOW IS THE TIME. 

My questions:
1.  Is winning important?
2.  If Judy isn't responsible for winning, raising money, or marketing, what is she doing?
3. Have you ever chastized a fan in an email, or quoted a fans donation amount back to them?
4. Explain how the 49er club is making less money today than 06
5. Did you get picked last in PE when you were in school?
6. Do you plan to hire internally when Judy moves on?
7.  Who started football?  CFI, or Judy?

PLEASE throw your questions here. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:34:56 am by ImfromClayton »
#bus1

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:38:50 am
1. Is winning a priority? Y/N

2. When you announced the firing of Bobby Lutz, you said that for the investment we have made in basketball, we should be in the top 90 every year going to the NIT at minimum but the goal was the NCAA tournament.  We have not been to the NCAA tournament since 2005 and frankly have not even been close since 2007-2008.  How do you justify the decline in men's hoops under Judy Rose?

3. Of the 351 D-1 schools, only 68 failed to make the postseason in any sport in 2017.  Of those teams, we had the second highest budget among them.  Is this acceptable? And if not, how is it anyone's fault other than Judy Rose?

4. Are you aware of any other Athletics Directors that have been at one school for 27+ years with 0 national championships in any sport?  If so, who are they and what school do they work for?

5. Is the fact that we have less 49er Club Revenue now than in 2006, even after implementing a mandatory donation for FSL holders acceptable? If not, how is that anyone's fault other than Judy Rose?

6. What strategies are being implemented to ensure that 49er Club growth occurs?  What revenue targets are acceptable?

7. Why is it acceptable to retain a coach with a 17-41 record, 1-11 this year, when our contemporary peers such as ODU, FAU, Ga State, and UTSA have either gone to bowl games at their third year in FBS or fired their coach for failing to achieve that goal?

8. Is it acceptable that our first class of seniors, including pros Larry Ogunjobi, Brandon Banks, and Austin Duke did not get to play in a bowl game or experience a single winning season at Charlotte?

9. Other than "doing things the right way and getting the right kind of kids," what OBJECTIVE METRICS make you confident that Brad Lambert is capable of turning the football program around?

10. Did you create or direct someone to create a fake alumnus named Grady Davis to write a favorable counterpoint for the David Scott article?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:40:40 am by jfickett »

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:44:06 am
I'm not posting a damn thing here for him to counter

But Mac at FNZ will have treasure trove of real quotes and real data. 

Set your Siri alarms so you don't miss this asshat condescend to 160,000 alum and kids.
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

brinsone

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 08:00:51 am
I'm not posting a damn thing here for him to counter

But Mac at FNZ will have treasure trove of real quotes and real data. 

Set your Siri alarms so you don't miss this asshat condescend to 160,000 alum and kids.

If anyone from CHP's office is truly monitoring this board, they should be prepared to rebut all of our questions.  That said, can Expectations_Manager (the guru of stats) post the consolidated statistics that he cannot rebut?

Any statistics on how many FSLs have not renewed?

My questions..
Almost every management/leadership book I have ever read states that the teams are to deserve the credit when victorious, and that the leadership should accept the blame for failure.  How can Dubois/Rose blame the student body, alum and community for not consuming its broken product?

(CEOs cannot blame their company's failure on the customer for not consuming its awful product.  If bad enough, they will be fired or go out of business.)

What is his motive in not replacing her?
How can he (himself) not accept blame?

Let's make sure this is epic.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:10 am
Dubois' motivation in not firing her is because he only focuses on academics.  He thinks athletics is a luxury, & we should just be glad to have it period.

Less $ than '06.  That's 11 years.  With inflation people spend more $, even if pissed.  Judy has to really F up to be negative from 11 years ago.  Also more alums & football.  Really, Realy F up to be negative 11 years.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:35:43 am by stonecoldken »
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:07:44 am
Another good one:

Why is Judy not doing the interview? 

and the best one:

Do you understand why people are mad yet?
#bus1

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 09:21:46 am
Another good one:

Why is Judy not doing the interview? 

and the best one:

Do you understand why people are mad yet?

Actually, these are gold.  Especially the second one.  "In your view, Phil, why do you think there are so many people that want Judy to lose her job?"

Total trap question for him to dive straight into condescension.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 09:47:29 am
Mine is simple: Do you view fans and alums of athletics as customers? Or is supporting athletics in your opinion an obligation? 

The response will really be telling and I think I know the answer.
Mahna Mahna

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 09:53:30 am
Mine is simple: Do you view fans and alums of athletics as customers? Or is supporting athletics in your opinion an obligation? 

The response will really be telling and I think I know the answer.
that is the detachment.....  Everyone in the real world has to earn business to keep it.  On the UNCC side they expect dollars no matter the result.
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 10:03:11 am
Phil, have you noticed our downward slide started at about the same time you took over?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 10:04:43 am
CHP to interview on FNZ?  LOL, for once he really WILL be the smartest guy in the room.

Tomorrow: Alex Jones interviews the Pope.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 10:06:32 am
Phil, have you noticed our downward slide started at about the same time you took over?
I think our downward slide commenced exactly at that time.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:08:22 am by 4ever niner »

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 10:36:39 am
[/size]This would be hilarious.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 10:53:38 am
CHP to interview on FNZ?  LOL, for once he really WILL be the smartest guy in the room.

Let's not bash these guys.  They have been the only ones in town to give us consistent press.  We owe them a thank you. 
#bus1

chidave

• Junior
Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 10:59:46 am
Absolutely, Mac and Gerry V on 730 have been giving this a lot of airtime.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 01:20:04 pm
Another good question would be asking him if AD staff has been told not to talk to media or on social media
Mahna Mahna

brinsone

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 01:38:42 pm
I think our downward slide commenced exactly at that time.

This.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 03:32:22 pm

Let's not bash these guys.  They have been the only ones in town to give us consistent press.  We owe them a thank you.
Honestly haven't listened in years. They used to be annoying ACC fluffers. May tune in just to see what CHP has to say for himself, though I fear I'll be sorry for doing so.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 03:34:23 pm
They always have said they let the callers lead the show....and no Niner fans would ever call (mostly because they have alienated us over the years...even/especially when we were legit from 95-05).

But they are getting the calls now...so they are catering to us a little more. 

It's just a shame it took a topic like this to fire up Niner Nation enough to start making ourselves heard.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

hateappstate

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 03:44:18 pm
Ask Phil why Wyoming tanked in Football soon after he was named chancellor. 

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 09:40:06 pm
The more I think about it....no matter our push...nothing is going to happen:
1- Judy will not resign until she retires
2- Phil has publicly doubled and tripled down on his support of Judy...he can't and won't do a 180 out of no where
3- The big donors that have the $$ to make the push are on her side and want her to remain

I love the passion and the movement...but please tell me what am I missing...I see no crack in any door that could lead to her ouster. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:47:24 pm by TRLeader »

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 09:44:28 pm
2- Phil has publicly doubled and tripled down on his support of Judy...he can't do a 180 out of no where
3- The big donors that have the $$ to make the push are on her side

I love the passion and the movement...but please tell me what am I missing...I see no crack in any door that could lead to her ouster.

This is a battle of wills...we must not quit

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 09:45:51 pm

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 09:51:15 pm
CHP was there to witness the debacle tonight. Hope he had a good time!

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 10:10:47 pm
2- Phil has publicly doubled and tripled down on his support of Judy...he can't and won't do a 180 out of no where
3- The big donors that have the $$ to make the push are on her side and want her to remain

Is there a whale or potential whale that could be convinced to help with forcing Judy to retire? Does Richardson have any history with her for example? Im not plugged in enough to know, but it sounds like the haltons and johnsons have no way of being convinced Judy is doing a poor enough job to leave. Maybe a jerry richardson who has some skin in the game but no history with charlotte before a few years ago could have some power. Would emails directed towards him instead of the BoT would do any good?

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos