Author Topic: CHANCELLOR DUBOIS interview on WFNZ tomorrow morning at 7:25  (Read 5739 times)

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 10:38:42 pm
The more I think about it....no matter our push...nothing is going to happen:
1- Judy will not resign until she retires
2- Phil has publicly doubled and tripled down on his support of Judy...he can't and won't do a 180 out of no where
3- The big donors that have the $$ to make the push are on her side and want her to remain

I love the passion and the movement...but please tell me what am I missing...I see no crack in any door that could lead to her ouster.

Is there a whale or potential whale that could be convinced to help with forcing Judy to retire? Does Richardson have any history with her for example? Im not plugged in enough to know, but it sounds like the haltons and johnsons have no way of being convinced Judy is doing a poor enough job to leave. Maybe a jerry richardson who has some skin in the game but no history with charlotte before a few years ago could have some power. Would emails directed towards him instead of the BoT would do any good?

clt says we are all potential whales!

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 11:24:20 pm
I fully expect him to back Judy, and no answer any tough questions. We know what his responses are. We just have to keep pushing, and do it now. The media is on it, but won't be forever.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 07:47:52 am
mac - loving the niner passion, not saying to heck with uncc
listed all the methods of protest how loud we are what do u want to say

phil - said we have 17 sports. look at big pic. 27 years built.  kids getting great education, never had violation, 93% graduate, we are on varous ncaa boards  :-X :)), when we look at judy shes made great pics, doesn't get credit for Lutz or wat, or Gunn in soccer, listing all the coaches (no hibbs). 

mac- are you doing any eval of judy?  or is she ok?

phil - I always eval.  went to lutz deal.  Thought we hired Major we thought it was good.  went to health issue, mentioned 1 season of 21 (mac should of said our avg RPI since is 201)

Mac - u gotta understand for $800 buck from kids you gotta win some

Phil - certainly have to take into consideration.  fee is high because kids wanted it  :confused:  The case for fball honestly was hard with Lambert, nice guy yada yada.  He and Judy Overperformed.  Long run FBS is good. 

Mac- slam!! Multiple team have started better like UAB etc LOL>  boom and PHil said many have failed also.

Phil- we have Lambert won't cheat to win.  We have patience.  need people to support.  airplane won't work.  Mac told him itss passion.  Phil said he welcomes us tho.  Judy gave her whole life to this SMH.  WE had good soccer and golf. 

Mac schooled him on being on verge of fans not caring.  are you worried about apathy.  you've already seen massive attendance drops since Lutz, and football way down

Phil - i am always concerned of attdc and donor base.  HE Went into some bs about game on break?  WTF.  WE are making best judgements. 

Mac- last thing. want to ask about judy again.  Hear shes a good person and heart.  but in this biz the shelf life is long time.  ADs rotate.  Is there no feeling Judy needs replaced after 27 years?  fresh ideas that work?

PHil- I eval my vice chancellors all the time. We are number 1 in attendance in soccer!! ??? ??? ???
 Fans expectations are too high.  last 10 years shes added all these sports.  IN many cases she got coaches.  Went thru all these wbb coaches LOL. 

Mac- regualar person doesn't care about those LOL.  (awesome)  Most people judged on revenue sports. 

Phil - nervous as hell....stumbles that u have to focus on 17 sports.  I hope fans will step back (HELL NO).  Not a time to change AD. 

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:48:59 am by punchdrunk »
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 07:52:40 am
I fell all warm and fuzzy inside now..............

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 07:53:52 am
Sorry if I missed anything; transcribing this in real time:

Mac opened with showing passion being awesome and a good sign.

Way the fans have been voicing their opinion, what do you want to say to them - We have 17 sports and 2 are important MBB/Football - if you look at big picture over 27 years - 29 mil budget - quality experience and excellent training and academic support - 93% who have completed eligibility have a college degree.  fundraising solid 11 mil endowment 5 mil last year -

Do we hear concerns? yes we do, we want them better

Looking at hiring coaches - Doesnt get credit - (Couldn't remember melvin watkins last name) rattling off womens soccer coaches
outstanding job over course of building the program

HE SOUNDS SO NERVOUS. STUTTERING

Mac - what evaluation?  always evaluate my vice chancellors - review decisions in coaching - bobby barely broke even in A10, lost our historical rivalries - Alan major health issues, Mark Price (very hopeful notwithstanding last night)

Mac -  $800+ fees, why should alums keep donating, students want a better product - fees high because students wanted football, fee would be less if didn't have football, football coach very tough call, praising lambert - FBS is a tough haul, thinks we over performed -

Mac - other schools have shown it can be done?  Phil - lambert won't compromise his values - Planes flying over is "tragic and shameful"  Judy wants to win more than anyone else, we'll get these turned around

Mac - fans getting angry and voicing their displeasure is a good thing - fans could go the other way and not care anymore, are you not worried about apathy?  mentioned drop in attendance - Phil - not only were we losing, but we scheduled games over breaks (making excuses for poor attendance) - in case of football, sweeping out entire coaching staff would have adverse fan reaction, we built something

Mac - In this business 27 years for a job is a long long time, shelf life is short, do we need fresh ideas? - can someone import some ideas that would work - Phil - past 10 years of judy's of tenure, we've led in soccer attendance - mac killshot that no one cares about soccer - Phil - expectations too high, he's saying all the additional sports are non-trivial - recruits coaches, going on with women basketball coaches -

Mac - rabid Charlotte sports fans want Football and MBB to be good - most division 1 athletics directors are judged on revenue sports - Phil stumbling, most revenue

Phil - hope fans will step back and this is not the time to make to change AD.

Overall thoughts:  Kudos to him for coming on, but PHIL WAS HORRIBLE. Stumbled through the entire interview.  Voice trembling. Could tell his throat was dry as hell. Had virtually no answers to Mac's (VERY GOOD) questions about why revenue sports are struggling. He kept going back to non-revenue sports and women's coaching hires.  Couldn't remember Melvin Watkins' last name.  Mac shredded him on no one caring about women's soccer attendance, which Phil cited as a reason for Judy's success.  Essentially admitted that they are getting destroyed on the football coaching decision.

Contrary to what some might say based on his words, I don't think he's dug in as much as he would have us believe.  They are devastated by this.  Banner, signs, and chants are all hugely impactful.  We need to pile on.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 07:58:31 am
He made it obvious he does not care about winning.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 08:08:34 am
A summary of Chancellor Dubois' performance in song lyrics:

"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready
To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin'
What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out
He's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now
The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!"

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #32 on: December 06, 2017, 08:14:06 am
Phil's list of successful women's basketball and men's soccer coaoches hires for Judy was hysterical.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #33 on: December 06, 2017, 08:27:47 am
Phil's list of successful women's basketball and men's soccer coaoches hires for Judy was hysterical.
I get it soccer is good.  Been good 30 years.  But BCS teams don't even have mens soccer.  the SEC doenst even sponsor it, why USC in CUSA. 

womens bb???  2 NCAA in 40 plus years sucks.  And its our flagship inside the dept to prop up

the level of tone deaf displayed is unfathomable. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:40:05 am by punchdrunk »

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #34 on: December 06, 2017, 08:34:24 am
Niner sports are done with that guy at the helm.  He said you can't only look at men's basketball and football, have to look at all sports that we also suck at.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:56 am
Any calls from Niner fans afterwards?

chidave

• Junior
Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 08:53:09 am
There were a couple but Damione Lewis came on early with his take and echoed what we would have said. He was great.

Mullins Maniac

• Sophomore
Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 08:55:19 am
Mac-Your basketball team has been bad for the last 10 years. What part does Judy play in that?
Dubois- She hired Melvin what's his name.
Mac- I'm talking about the last 10-12 years
Dubois- Bobby Lutz.
Mac- What about Bobby Lutz?
Dubois- I heard he was a good coach.
Mac- The last 10 years. I'm talking about the last 10 years.
Dubois- Jeff Mullins??

Mac- The 2 revenue sports stink. How do you respond to that?
Dubois- Have you seen our soccer team?
Mac- No one cares about soccer. Football and basketball drive the program.
Dubois- We are starting swimming next year.

Mac- Do you value winning?
Dubois- To win you must cheat. So no.

Mac- If your football program was a house, the roof is leaking, the heat is out, the paint is cracking and the gutters are hanging off. How do you plan to address that.
Dubois- We did. We replaced all the blinds earlier this month.

Mac- Is it time to put a new set of eyes on the athletic program? Judy has been AD 27 years.
Dubois- Have you seen our soccer program?
Mac- No but congrats. Any plans to make a change?
Dubois- I expect our new swimming team to score a lot of goals this year, our men's and women's soccer teams to have good pitching and women's basketball should be deadly in the red zone. It's going to be a great 2018.

That's my summary.

"When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly." - Jase Robertson

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #38 on: December 06, 2017, 08:55:54 am
There is really only 1 thing to gather from this interview:

When is chancellor Dubois leaving the university?

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #39 on: December 06, 2017, 09:02:30 am
Tim was right all along.

Chancellor sees no benefit to athletics.  We exist, and that's it. This is by design.
#bus1

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #40 on: December 06, 2017, 09:16:47 am
I am so glad that his name is not on my degree so I don't have to burn it.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #41 on: December 06, 2017, 09:19:34 am
Tim was right all along.

Chancellor sees no benefit to athletics.  We exist, and that's it. This is by design.

I truly truly wish I was wrong.  Everyone sticking it in my face would be sorely welcome.  I want whats best for the 49ers.   

Sadly, Judy and Phil and a few select donors see success if the lights turn on in the office and the uniforms get ordered.  Thats a win to them.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #42 on: December 06, 2017, 09:22:18 am
I am so glad that his name is not on my degree so I don't have to burn it.

Don't remind me. Ugh.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #43 on: December 06, 2017, 09:25:48 am
Mac- If your football program was a house, the roof is leaking, the heat is out, the paint is cracking and the gutters are hanging off. How do you plan to address that.

clt just dropped his blackberry, that was funny.

Wingate49erFan

• Sophomore
Reply #44 on: December 06, 2017, 09:32:56 am
How can we get this guy fired?
Got Lutz?

brinsone

• Walk On
Reply #45 on: December 06, 2017, 09:38:21 am
Mac-Your basketball team has been bad for the last 10 years. What part does Judy play in that?
Dubois- Bobby Lutz.
Dubois- Jeff Mullins??

Mac- Is it time to put a new set of eyes on the athletic program? Judy has been AD 27 years.
Dubois- I expect our new swimming team to score a lot of goals this year, our men's and women's soccer teams to have good pitching and women's basketball should be deadly in the red zone. It's going to be a great 2018.

That's my summary.

Coffee came out of my nose.  Thanks for the levity....I needed that.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 09:49:02 am
[/size]
[/size]hahaha.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 09:49:33 am

clt just dropped his blackberry, that was funny.
:))
wish this were exaggeration but its not 
 :(

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 09:52:07 am
Dubois- Bobby Lutz.
Dubois- Jeff Mullins??

That's my summary.

PERFECT.   ;)

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 10:12:59 am
This may be overkill, but who would we talk to about the chancellorís performance? He has done many good things but is more than happy to ignore the most visible aspect of the university. He never addresses it unless he is forced to by students/alumni/fans and always seems irritated that he has to focus his attention on it. So, is it the BOT? Can they actually hold him accountable or is it something at the system or BOG level?

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos