Author Topic: CHANCELLOR DUBOIS interview on WFNZ tomorrow morning at 7:25  (Read 5740 times)

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:50 am
My true feelings?  Would the last person out please turn the lights off?

Thanks
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

NormanNiner

• Junior
Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 10:32:49 am
I am so glad that his name is not on my degree so I don't have to burn it.

You made me look up at mine on the wall. Unfortunately his name is on mine as "Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs". I forgot he was there when Woodward was Chancellor.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 10:40:13 am
clt has no degrees!

niner78

• Walk On
Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 10:52:46 am
Chancellor Dubois performance as bad as the teams.

Mullins Maniac

• Sophomore
Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 10:58:05 am
Mac- If your football program was a house, the roof is leaking, the heat is out, the paint is cracking and the gutters are hanging off. How do you plan to address that.
Dubois- We did. We replaced all the blinds earlier this month.

clt just dropped his blackberry, that was funny.
:))
wish this were exaggeration but its not 
 :(

Mac and Damione were spot on afterwards. They started the football program with the expectation that nothing for the athletic department would change. They were totally unprepared for the expectations and heat that a football program brings. Once they started football nothing else mattered including basketball to some extent. They weren't and aren't prepared for that.

Good folks certainly just not prepared or capable of leading an athletic program with an FBS football team.
"When you don't know what you're doing, it's best to do it quickly." - Jase Robertson

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #55 on: December 06, 2017, 10:58:16 am
Phil is an academic and out of touch on what is required with the overall mission of the type of public institution he is running. It is obvious he has strong abilities in certain aspects of his job but completely misses the boat on so much of what the majority of the population wants and sees in most public institutions ( esp. Southern) the size of Charlotte. 

Judy has a lot of faults but the most important question that must be asked before you can fully judge her performance is how much of her hands are tied with her position. I find it interesting that Phil did the interview today. That interview today was a full blown AD responsibility.  If I am Judy and feel my hands are tied for what people are asking for there is no way I do the interview. I have Phil go forward to show what I am up against. I hope all of this is wrong bevause if it goes up the ladder a lot higher than Judy then I do not know how you can ever win that battle unless you have serious outside money making it happen and that money being able to force change. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:01:40 am by TheShowDawg »
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

89NinerGrad

• Walk On
Reply #56 on: December 06, 2017, 11:02:29 am
Greetings from an old time but still proud Forty Niner.  I left the Charlotte area in 1995 for NJ and have yet to move back.  I still follow this board and unfortunately follow our basketball team.  Football was something that I never thought I'd see happen and I believe the person was Jim Duncan who reached out to me for the CFI (was that what it was called?) and I gave a few $'s to the startup  (minuscule in the eyes of our Chancellor I bet).

I listened to our current Chancellor's interview on WFNZ this morning and was taken aback by how disillusioned he is over the current state of athletics at my Alma Mater.  I am not close to the situation, nor do I pretend to be, but not a college basketball season goes by where a friend, neighbor, or work colleague asks me what the hell happened to your basketball program?  12 years without an NCAA bid and Phil wants to talk about Soccer?  I like soccer, I watched Charlotte get screwed in the Championship against Chapel Hill years ago, but soccer does not pay the bills nor grow the athletic department.

I am proud that my fellow 49ers are challenging the mediocrity that has been allowed for so long.  Then again, mediocrity is something we would all sign up for given that we have hit rock bottom in both revenue sports.  Football I will give a pass on because of the FBS entry so quickly but I agree we don't have the right coach or staff in place.

I never bought FSL's and ceased my 49er club membership in the early 2000's due to geography.  I may rejoin the club if we have a regime change.

Until then, Go Niners! and keep up the good fight!  You somehow got football when all were against, I am sure you can change City Hall too.

1989 Grad and still Niner Proud to this day.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 11:04:16 am by 89NinerGrad »
Proud Niner Class of 89
:49ers:

andrew_uofc

• Freshman
Reply #57 on: December 06, 2017, 11:03:39 am
Phil is an academic and out of touch on what is required with the overall mission of the type of public institution he is running. It is obvious he has strong abilities in certain aspects of his job but completely misses the boat on so much of what the majority of the population wants and sees in most public institutions ( esp. Southern) the size of Charlotte. 

Judy has a lot of faults but the most important question that must be asked before you can fully judge her performance is how much of her hands are tied with her position. I find it interesting that Phil did the interview today. That interview today was a full blown AD responsibility.  If I am Judy and feel my hands are tied for what people are asking for there is no way I do the interview. I have Phil go forward to show what I am up against. I hope all of this is wrong bevause if it goes up the ladder a lot higher than Judy then I do not know how you can ever win that battle unless you have serious outside money making it happen and that money being able to force change.

If her hands are really that tied she could just step down and expose Phil.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #58 on: December 06, 2017, 11:12:39 am
What was interesting to me was he said "We did not want to remove 10 coaches", it made wonder did they make the call with Wally and not Lambert? If so that's astounding.

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #59 on: December 06, 2017, 11:26:09 am
The one caller was correct in trying to get local interest. Start by recruiting the Charlotte metro area and then work your way out to other areas. But build strong relationships with local high schools. Yes they need to be the right talent level but get locals then more family members/friends become interested in getting on the campus. The Athletic Department needs to advertise and market the area/state.

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 12:09:17 pm

If her hands are really that tied she could just step down and expose Phil.

Phil has been exposed.

After Friday came to football meeting and said if you want to see football you should apply and go to State or Carolina you see the total picture for 49er athletics from the powers that be in the NC University System.

Judy should step down but pride, ego,  and control are addictive things.

I am just saying if NC powers that be continue to force Charlotte to "know it's role" in the scheme of the system then it will take a outside whale to step in and throw money at our program to force the type of change to get us where we all want to be. Eastern part of the State is completely fine where Charlotte is today. 
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 12:13:14 pm
Three words:  OUT OF TOUCH! We are beating a dead horse.  Until Chancellor and Rose retire, we should all come to the realization that those in charge will stay in charge and there's nothing we can do about it.  Sadly, those in charge are out of touch with their fan base and my only hope is no one goes to the games.  Empty seats is the only real "slap in the face" we have left.  Hit them in the pocket books.  When everyone stops showing up, you've lost.  Then, and only then, will changes be made.

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 12:16:29 pm
Mac-Your basketball team has been bad for the last 10 years. What part does Judy play in that?
Dubois- She hired Melvin what's his name.
Mac- I'm talking about the last 10-12 years
Dubois- Bobby Lutz.
Mac- What about Bobby Lutz?
Dubois- I heard he was a good coach.
Mac- The last 10 years. I'm talking about the last 10 years.
Dubois- Jeff Mullins??

Mac- The 2 revenue sports stink. How do you respond to that?
Dubois- Have you seen our soccer team?
Mac- No one cares about soccer. Football and basketball drive the program.
Dubois- We are starting swimming next year.

Mac- Do you value winning?
Dubois- To win you must cheat. So no.

Mac- If your football program was a house, the roof is leaking, the heat is out, the paint is cracking and the gutters are hanging off. How do you plan to address that.
Dubois- We did. We replaced all the blinds earlier this month.

Mac- Is it time to put a new set of eyes on the athletic program? Judy has been AD 27 years.
Dubois- Have you seen our soccer program?
Mac- No but congrats. Any plans to make a change?
Dubois- I expect our new swimming team to score a lot of goals this year, our men's and women's soccer teams to have good pitching and women's basketball should be deadly in the red zone. It's going to be a great 2018.

That's my summary.

Best post I've ever read on this board.

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 12:30:43 pm
CHP is clueless.   How many graduations are broadcast simultaneously on national television? People know who you are because of athletics and not graduation rates. He and Judy are bleeding millions from the University.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 12:34:06 pm
Phil has been exposed.

After Friday came to football meeting and said if you want to see football you should apply and go to State or Carolina you see the total picture for 49er athletics from the powers that be in the NC University System.

App won their conference again this year. Duke has turned things around under David Cutcliffe. Wake Forest had a pretty good season. ECU fans take their football very seriously, even when they suck.

We are pretty much in a category all by our own. And that is all Phil & Judy's fault.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #65 on: December 06, 2017, 12:35:53 pm
*double post*

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #66 on: December 06, 2017, 12:41:17 pm
It's obvious that Charlotte needs a back flushing.  The MAIN reason a Chancellor hires an AD is to hire and fire coaches based on production.  Facilities build out is NOT the main reason for an AD.

We need to get on with it and move forward.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #67 on: December 06, 2017, 12:42:48 pm
I'm not sure how we can call for Judy to be fired without including Dubois after that interview. I would be interested to hear the honest opinions of other university chancellors and ADs on the matter. Judy has been doing her job poorly for a decade and Dubois doesn't care about athletics. Basketball and Football may be doomed until both are gone. If Judy retires how do we trust Dubois to pick the right AD replacement? Some how that "family" athletic dept needs to be broken up and replaced with a business structure where results are important.

Dubois said something about Lambert taking a chance coming here building a startup. Sounds like Dubois thinks he owes Lambert something more than all the $$$ Lambert has been getting paid. Terrible way of thinking. It's all about being nice and a family in that AD... unless its assistant coaches then those can be fired and replaced.

I cant remember exactly but did Dubois say he still thinks Price was the right hire? If so, that's just delusional. We are currently in the 300s in rpi in Price's 3rd year. How can you defend the Price hire. Oh yea... patience patience patience. You have to give coaches 10 years before you can truly evaluate them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:51:40 pm by cibik02 »

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #68 on: December 06, 2017, 12:53:58 pm
Basically...

WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #69 on: December 06, 2017, 01:00:52 pm
His best argument was that Judy hired 5 people over 27 years that wanted to work somewhere else.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

hateappstate

• Walk On
Reply #70 on: December 06, 2017, 01:11:11 pm
Phil - "Keep in mind we had 2 home games where students weren't there due to Spring Break and Thanksgiving"  Spring Break Phil?  SMH

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #71 on: December 06, 2017, 01:17:47 pm
"HEY HEY! HO HO! PHIL AND JUDY HAVE GOT TO GO!"

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #72 on: December 06, 2017, 01:27:02 pm
Basically...

How the heck did he fall and hurt himself!?  Not used to running?

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #73 on: December 06, 2017, 01:31:35 pm
Basically...

How the heck did he fall and hurt himself!?  Not used to running?
white sox on black shoes too.... :))

but hey....we are #1 in cusa soccer attendance. 
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos