Author Topic: CHANCELLOR DUBOIS interview on WFNZ tomorrow morning at 7:25  (Read 5730 times)

QOSTA49er

• Walk On
Reply #75 on: December 06, 2017, 02:46:29 pm
“Were going in the right direction. It is difficult now. We welcome (the fans’) participation. They’re 49ers. They’re passionate.”

Right direction lol

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #76 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:07 pm

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #77 on: December 06, 2017, 05:03:14 pm
I really feel bad for the coaches.  I think Lutz had some weight within the AD until Judy decided to shut him down.  I think he was fired because he butted heads with her. 

I think something is going on with Lambert, Major, and Price.  All of these guys have professional athletes saying that they are great coaches, but all have failed or are failing here.  We need someone talking to former coaches to find out what really happens behind closed doors that makes people unsuccessful here. 

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #78 on: December 06, 2017, 05:08:29 pm
“Were going in the right direction. It is difficult now. We welcome (the fans’) participation. They’re 49ers. They’re passionate.”

This interview...and his responses to all our emails should make it very clear.

PHIL.....not Judy....is the problem.

Phil encourages or enables or even directs the mantra of "Good people...and doing it the right way (clean)."

Judy is simply doing what her boss wants.  I'm starting to feel sorry for Judy.  She literally is running the dept to Phil's standards and we are harrassing her for it. She doesn't have a choice.

Our vitriol needs to be redirected to Phil.

But I'm sure that won't result in any changes either.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

jfickett

• Walk On
Reply #79 on: December 06, 2017, 05:26:29 pm

Phil encourages or enables or even directs the mantra of "Good people...and doing it the right way (clean)."

Judy is simply doing what her boss wants.  I'm starting to feel sorry for Judy.  She literally is running the dept to Phil's standards and we are harrassing her for it. She doesn't have a choice.

They all make a lot of money to produce.  I feel bad for none of them.  Feelings have zero to do with it.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #80 on: December 06, 2017, 05:31:07 pm
I get it...but if my boss gave me clear directions that I followed to a "T"....and our customers were publically humiliating me or hanging me in effigy for doing exactly what I was told to do....I would be very upset too.

It's really not her fault.

It's becoming VERY clear that is the case.

The reason Phil is so overly supportive is because she's doing EXACTLY what he has directed her to do and how to do it.

He's using her and her 27 year longevity to be his whipping boy for his "clean and fair" athletic directive.

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #81 on: December 06, 2017, 05:37:32 pm
I get it...but if my boss gave me clear directions that I followed to a "T"....and our customers were publically humiliating me or hanging me in effigy for doing exactly what I was told to do....I would be very upset too.

The reason Phil is so overly supportive is because she's doing EXACTLY what he has directed her to do and how to do it.

He's using her and her 27 year longevity to be his whipping boy for his "clean and fair" athletic directive.

If she was so upset with Phil or the direction he forces her to go, she could simply retire and end it all. But no, she keeps on doing what she's always done. That makes me think she is most definitely in control of her own course. Or at the very least, does not disagree with Phil.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:39:28 pm by Universal »
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

CowTownNiner

• Walk On
Reply #82 on: December 06, 2017, 05:43:41 pm
If the pressure is applied to fire Phil then he will take action by firing Judy to relieve some of it.

So it would serve a purpose even if the BOT doesn’t listen.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #83 on: December 06, 2017, 05:47:30 pm

If she was so upset with Phil or the direction he forces her to go, she could simply retire and end it all. But no, she keeps on doing what she's always done. That makes me think she is most definitely in control of her own course. Or at the very least, does not disagree with Phil.

Or maybe...she's in a job she loves (which is why she's stayed for 27 years), where she's been long enough to earn the respect of some influential people and gets paid well... knowing it would be nearly impossible to find and land a similar job elsewhere....while having to start over with new alum and creating new relationships just a few short years from retirement.  You don't start over at her age...especially in this type of role.

Granted...maybe she could have challenged his authority a little more effectively (and maybe she's tried).  But we all know now how headstrong and stubborn Phil is....maybe she found out earlier than we did and she's staying in a familiar place making good money until she can get out herself.

Maybe not...but I'm starting to think that perspective makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:49:08 pm by TRLeader »

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #84 on: December 06, 2017, 05:51:49 pm

I am normally always with you, but this isn't quite accurate. Phil wasn't here when Judy should have been pushing for football. That was before his time. The lack of vision is all on Judy as AD. Period.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #85 on: December 06, 2017, 06:23:08 pm
link to now famous quote that soccer attendance matters more than football and basketball to the 49ers AD

the internet is forever Dubois
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:27:26 pm by punchdrunk »
WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #86 on: December 06, 2017, 08:21:44 pm
After reading the David Scott article on DuBois, I don't know what to think - he sounds delusional.  I missed any evidence of what constitutes future success with the football program coming off our 1-11 season.  This is NOT good.

ninermac

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • http://www.ninernation.net
Reply #87 on: December 06, 2017, 08:22:18 pm
I’d love for someone with talent to take clips from this and make an auto tune song out of it.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #88 on: December 06, 2017, 08:47:09 pm
I’d love for someone with talent to take clips from this and make an auto tune song out of it.

hey CLT....just for you pal   #chatpages

bertholemew

• Walk On
Reply #89 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:28 pm
I thought that two of the reasons for pursuing football were to keep students on campus on weekends (and get away from the commuter campus label and attract Alumni back to the campus. I guess those were lies and no longer things that the Administration care about?

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #90 on: December 06, 2017, 08:56:09 pm

hey CLT....just for you pal   #chatpages

That is awesome!

Florida49er2009

• Walk On
Reply #91 on: December 06, 2017, 09:53:02 pm
i beginning to think no one has shown Dubios a training video on how to terminate a under performing employee

so here it is phil

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #92 on: December 06, 2017, 10:49:10 pm
This is all very sad,but i'm not going to bother repeating points already made. Just a few comments from a longsuffering 9er...1)It's on Judy..don't fall into the trap of feeling sorry for her...she's had a 27 year run which could be described as disasterous by any neutral observer...We've been going downhill in the 2 sports THAT MATTER consistently

2)Her standards are so low...if Lambert doesn't deserve to be shown the door than tell me...WHO DOES?

3)I'd stop ripping wfnz for those who are or have been...They don't owe us crap and from what i've read here,at least somewhat voice the'ir disbelief over much of what Phil's preaching...What other pub do we get?
) From reading text of interview 1 thing I definitely believe is that the Airplane gig worked and DEEPLY EMBARASSED them...it gets peoples attention,and i'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't have even done the interview without all the pub and blowback from that.

Curious...can anyone here tell me another A.D. that's run their show for
 years? That seems like a damn nice run to me..

Not sure if they even care but only thing that might force his hand on Judy is attendance gets so low that word gets around...I used to be a bball season tix holder for many years,up until last year...I miss going and rooting but it's only thing I can do to make my small voice heard...I'm just sad...for us and all the 9er grads who went through the college experience with this shitshow in charge.

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #93 on: December 06, 2017, 11:17:16 pm
This is all very sad,but i'm not going to bother repeating points already made. Just a few comments from a longsuffering 9er...1)It's on Judy..don't fall into the trap of feeling sorry for her...she's had a 27 year run which could be described as disasterous by any neutral observer...We've been going downhill in the 2 sports THAT MATTER consistently

2)Her standards are so low...if Lambert doesn't deserve to be shown the door than tell me...WHO DOES?

3)I'd stop ripping wfnz for those who are or have been...They don't owe us crap and from what i've read here,at least somewhat voice the'ir disbelief over much of what Phil's preaching...What other pub do we get?
) From reading text of interview 1 thing I definitely believe is that the Airplane gig worked and DEEPLY EMBARASSED them...it gets peoples attention,and i'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't have even done the interview without all the pub and blowback from that.

Curious...can anyone here tell me another A.D. that's run their show for
 years? That seems like a damn nice run to me..

Not sure if they even care but only thing that might force his hand on Judy is attendance gets so low that word gets around...I used to be a bball season tix holder for many years,up until last year...I miss going and rooting but it's only thing I can do to make my small voice heard...I'm just sad...for us and all the 9er grads who went through the college experience with this shitshow in charge.
Great words

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #94 on: December 07, 2017, 07:04:39 am
7Am thurs....mac gutting dubois.  Brutal

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #95 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:02 am
I really feel bad for the coaches.  I think Lutz had some weight within the AD until Judy decided to shut him down.  I think he was fired because he butted heads with her. 

I think something is going on with Lambert, Major, and Price.  All of these guys have professional athletes saying that they are great coaches, but all have failed or are failing here.  We need someone talking to former coaches to find out what really happens behind closed doors that makes people unsuccessful here.

Great idea !
Let us not forget, as great as Jeff Mullins was for our program.......he railroaded Judy into her position so
he'd still have the control....his puppet.   No one has had the nads to remove her since.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #96 on: December 07, 2017, 07:52:48 am
clt advises students to steal leaves, not bricks.

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #97 on: December 07, 2017, 10:07:30 am
I'm tired of hearing "fans had unrealistic expectations".  He can't tell me what my expectations should be.  Plus, his comment loses all validity when all other recent start ups have been more successful than we have.

I'm also tired of hearing "I hope fans will evaluate things after they turn out".  How long does he think is reasonable to wait?  Basketball has been bad for 15 years.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

Jackrabbit49er

• Freshman
Reply #98 on: December 07, 2017, 10:26:49 am
What stood out to me was the fact he only referred to football and basketball as "2 sports" in various ways until 3-5 minutes into the interview. Only when he referred to the basketball coaches was he forced to say that men's basketball was in poor shape.
Sic vis pacem, para bellum

My college teams:

NinerAl

• Freshman
Reply #99 on: December 07, 2017, 12:19:50 pm

When pushed on the subject of attendance falling off, CHP response was something to the effect of "attendance doesn't really bring that much money in".  If I'm not mistaken this was just after he touted our soccer program leading conference as a positive Judy accomplishment.

Listening to that interview a couple of times now, really has me questioning Phil's leadership capabilities beyond this situation.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos