Author Topic: Judy and Big East  (Read 916 times)

pcon

• Senior
on: December 05, 2017, 11:40:49 am
Thought this deserved it own thread...

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 11:42:27 am
This is one of the most damning quotes she's had en her tenure here.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 12:23:25 pm
Am I missing something here?

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 12:24:50 pm
just was warned we would get left behind for not having football and we did.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 12:26:37 pm
I'm sure her supporters will find other things to point to, but I think the main memory she will leave from her time here will be her inability to prepare us athletically for the future.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 12:30:54 pm
just was warned we would get left behind for not having football and we did.

Just curious if there was new info on this or not.

niner78

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 12:36:58 pm
Check out  "Wichita State Is The Gonzaga Of The Midwest"

fivethirtyeight.com/features/wichita-state-is-the-gonzaga-of-the-midwest/

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 12:41:19 pm
This is one of the most damning quotes she's had en her tenure here.

It is because even after all this - we did nothing.  It STILL took alumni and students mobilizing to step in.
Mahna Mahna

punchdrunk

• Walk On
  • WIN
    • I told you so.
Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 12:49:22 pm
say it louder for people in the back....

WE ARE DESIGNED ON PURPOSE TO BE IN SLOW LANE AND NOT SUCCEED. 

WIN...........................WIN.......................WIN

COMPETE LIKE 130,000 ALUMNI MUST EVERY DAY

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 12:52:17 pm
"What are you talkin' about Mike Tranghese?!?!?!  We don't need a foosball team."  - Judy Rose

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 12:55:16 pm
Here is the quote and link to the article:

10/22/2014

In 2000, Rose became the first woman on the NCAA Division I men's basketball selection committee. It was then she realized that Charlotte - which now has about 27,000 students - could miss out on conference realignment.

"I remember [former Big East commissioner] Mike Tranghese saying, 'So Judy, what are you going to do without football?'" Rose said. "I said what is this guy talking about? And he goes, 'You know, you're going to get left out of the mix.' ...I never forgot it."

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/charlotte-on-fast-track

chidave

• Junior
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 01:04:42 pm
She never forgot a comment made in 2000 but it was 2005 before she decided we needed to be proactive.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 01:21:28 pm
She never forgot a comment made in 2000 but it was 2005 before she decided she should react to the alumni and students demanding action.

FTFY
Mahna Mahna

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 05:06:34 pm

10/22/2014

In 2000, Rose became the first woman on the NCAA Division I men's basketball selection committee. It was then she realized that Charlotte - which now has about 27,000 students - could miss out on conference realignment.

"I remember [former Big East commissioner] Mike Tranghese saying, 'So Judy, what are you going to do without football?'" Rose said. "I said what is this guy talking about? And he goes, 'You know, you're going to get left out of the mix.' ...I never forgot it."

Ironic that the former commissioner of a conference that no longer sponsors football told her we would be left behind with out it.  And yet she still didn't do a damn thing about it.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 05:10:47 pm

10/22/2014

Ironic that the former commissioner of a conference that no longer sponsors football told her we would be left behind with out it.  And yet she still didn't do a damn thing about it.

Or at least start doing some SERIOUS research and networking with other Conference leadership finding out early on what they're thinking and what their plans are and asking what we can do to best position ourselves for expansion.

We need to be doing that now too...but I wonder if we ever have been forward thinking enough to do that.

Sad.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Dowless

• Freshman
Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 07:08:48 pm
Kind of tough to believe that CUSA didn't give her some type of strong indication on what was coming given that we were one of the strongest teams in the league in basketball.  For this reason alone she cost the university millions of dollars in lost revenues.  Think of how much Louisville is earning in the ACC.

amnesiac

• Junior
Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 08:59:08 pm
The big miss was even prior to that, CUSA had locked up the Thursday night ESPN football games  for a number of years.....
schools like Cinci & Lousiville took great advantage of that and built their football brands and earned great support from their alumni.... we, just sat it out :(

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos