Author Topic: Take Back our Niners 1 - 11 vs. Marshall  (Read 947 times)

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
on: December 06, 2017, 09:15:57 am
Saw this on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1973861789503730/

We need to all sit together, and be loud.  We need to make 204 what 104 used to be for one night only.  Please use this as an opportunity to spread the word.  Imagine if we could sell out and we did all the promotions.

Now is the worst time to sit on your hands. We have to do something about this, and keep making statements.  STUDENTS, WE NEED YOU TOO. THIS IS AFTER EXAMS, WE NEED GREEKS, ATHLETES, EVERYONE.

Even if you aren't ok yelling for someone's job, showing up in a white t shirt is all you gotta do.  Please.
#bus1

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:24:40 am
I know someone who can make custom shirts for us.  This is a real sample below - I'm gauging interest now.  If you are interested, please DM.  The shirt is $15.  I think these would be perfect for this event.   
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:29:09 am by charlottewkndbuzz »

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:07:27 am
Will be there. Should students sit in usual section too? Or all together
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:11:42 am
Saw this on facebook.

We need to all sit together, and be loud.  We need to make 204 what 104 used to be for one night only.  Please use this as an opportunity to spread the word.  Imagine if we could sell out and we did all the promotions.

Now is the worst time to sit on your hands. We have to do something about this, and keep making statements.  STUDENTS, WE NEED YOU TOO. THIS IS AFTER EXAMS, WE NEED GREEKS, ATHLETES, EVERYONE.

Even if you aren't ok yelling for someone's job, showing up in a white t shirt is all you gotta do.  Please.

I don't get this.  What does this have to do with bringing change?

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:43:52 am
Will be there. Should students sit in usual section too? Or all together

I'd say you guys sit in the student section and be loud, just wear white
#bus1

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 11:04:28 am
Saw this on facebook.

You should probably delete your account. The nice emails and conversations didn't work so here we are.

chargrad2008

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:37:12 am
Saw this on facebook.

You should probably delete your account. The nice emails and conversations didn't work so here we are.

I'm just saying if we did show up and party like its 2004 once again the AD will just take credit for it

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 01:10:36 pm
Saw this on facebook.

I'm just saying if we did show up and party like its 2004 once again the AD will just take credit for it

And if we don't, and nobody speaks out, things will continue.  I'm not saying it's going to cause a change, but it will bring attention to it.
#bus1

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 02:25:58 pm
Saw this on facebook.

Not sure that's going to happen with everyone chanting and carrying signs but she would probably say she had an equal amount of supporters.

Pork Chop

• Senior
Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 02:35:27 pm
I'll buy everyone on this board their own donkey if we sell out this game.
"You sir are the greatest poster ever." - NLP

"I don't know if the ban stick is big enough to take the 'Chop man down." - Niner Advocate

"Pork Chop's 'stache deserves its own thread." - Hooner49

Two Millionth Fan at a home 49er basketball game 11/24/2003

clt12thman

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 02:46:37 pm
See with the student apathy at this point I doubt we'd sell out. Not saying we can't do it, but it's gonna be difficult

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 03:22:07 pm
When I saw this I was trying to figure out how our record vs Marshall could be 1-11, but I did not immediately discount the possibility out of hand.  That made me sad.

I see that the FB event is hosted by Grady Davis, which made me laugh.  I guess when you guys start the #firenugget campaign I won't think it is so funny.
#unc-CHeatingPays

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:07 pm
1-11 is a perfectly symbolic night to have this event

truninersfan

• Sophomore
Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 11:59:07 am
don't spend another dollar on Charlotte athletics...make that place a ghost town more than it already is

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 01:32:59 pm
don't spend another dollar on Charlotte athletics...make that place a ghost town more than it already is
That's what they want - to have a say you have to be in the game.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos