Author Topic: clt provides more UNC CHeat scandal.  (Read 370579 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1975 on: October 05, 2017, 04:30:28 pm
UNC is now saying there will be no release yet (tomorrow).

I don't understand how they can tell the NCAA when they are allowed to release a report on the NCAA website...

I think it points to some last ditch fuckery - UNC calling in whatever favors it has left with the people who previously got Men's BBall and Football temporarily removed from the NOA. Let's hope that Sankey & Company™ (COI) tell them to f*** off an release anyway.

Nobody knows whether the current basketball scandal will help or hurt the Heels.  I choose to hope that the NCAA cannot afford to look weak right now, and Bubba has made a big mistake by dragging this out.
#unc-CHeatingPays

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1976 on: October 05, 2017, 06:24:35 pm

I don't understand how they can tell the NCAA when they are allowed to release a report on the NCAA website...

I think it points to some last ditch fuckery - UNC calling in whatever favors it has left with the people who previously got Men's BBall and Football temporarily removed from the NOA. Let's hope that Sankey & Company™ (COI) tell them to f*** off an release anyway.

Nobody knows whether the current basketball scandal will help or hurt the Heels.  I choose to hope that the NCAA cannot afford to look weak right now, and Bubba has made a big mistake by dragging this out.

UNC-CHEAT is saying they cannot release the results tomorrow because they already have a fundraising activity planned on campus.  WTF does that have to do with it?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #1977 on: October 05, 2017, 07:00:35 pm

UNC-CHEAT is saying they cannot release the results tomorrow because they already have a fundraising activity planned on campus.  WTF does that have to do with it?

clt says CHeat cannot stop the release. The NCAA stopped it due to COi scheduling issues.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #1978 on: October 08, 2017, 11:31:50 am
https://sports.yahoo.com/top-recruits-address-college-basketball-scandal-unfortunate-crazy-205510012.html

Little said UNC coach Roy Williams has insinuated to him that the Tar Heels won’t receive a significant punishment from the NCAA. He said that Williams has not told him of the specific punishment, but told him generally: “It’s not necessarily an athletic thing,” he said Williams told him. “It wasn’t just the basketball team involved in it. They’re not going to be penalized as people suggest.”

This is absurd. Please, please, please drop the damn hammer on them.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1979 on: October 08, 2017, 12:08:32 pm
https://sports.yahoo.com/top-recruits-address-college-basketball-scandal-unfortunate-crazy-205510012.html

Little said UNC coach Roy Williams has insinuated to him that the Tar Heels won’t receive a significant punishment from the NCAA. He said that Williams has not told him of the specific punishment, but told him generally: “It’s not necessarily an athletic thing,” he said Williams told him. “It wasn’t just the basketball team involved in it. They’re not going to be penalized as people suggest.”

This is absurd. Please, please, please drop the damn hammer on them.
7th circle of Hell for you, Roy.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #1980 on: October 08, 2017, 07:37:46 pm
 clt says good ol Roy lies

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1981 on: October 08, 2017, 08:05:11 pm
clt says good ol Roy lies
Clt can never make this point too many times.

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Reply #1982 on: October 09, 2017, 08:18:39 am
Shoutbox not working for me so thought I'd put this here.  Had to share  :D

http://33.media.tumblr.com/4b84fa00051593c53a6c76fe3798b090/tumblr_nvax3d2PAi1tfn5tro1_500.gif

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1983 on: October 09, 2017, 08:57:06 am

http://33.media.tumblr.com/4b84fa00051593c53a6c76fe3798b090/tumblr_nvax3d2PAi1tfn5tro1_500.gif

What was he doing?  Celebrating another loss? It baffles me how heir fans call them a "big time" football program and compare them to teams like 'Bama.  (even the editor of the local paper called them "Big Time" on this board years ago)

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #1984 on: October 09, 2017, 09:01:36 am

What was he doing?  Celebrating another loss? It baffles me how heir fans call them a "big time" football program and compare them to teams like 'Bama.  (even the editor of the local paper called them "Big Time" on this board years ago)

clt says Mike P is fair and balanced.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1985 on: October 09, 2017, 09:33:44 am

Did they post this on their well publicized injury report. You know, they only suck because they have injuries and no other team is so unfortunate. So unfair!

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1986 on: October 09, 2017, 10:09:16 am

clt says Mike P is fair and balanced.

So is the weather forecast on some days.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #1987 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:34 pm
https://pilotonline.com/opinion/editorial/unc-should-be-punished-for-cheating/article_84c27946-d1a1-5596-a96e-2a8b1be25a49.html

UNC academic scandal makes a mockery of the NCAA. North Carolina should be punished.
By The Virginian-Pilot Editorial Board
Oct 9, 2017 Updated 1 hr ago

NinerAdvocate

Reply #1988 on: October 09, 2017, 12:30:23 pm

Reportedly copypasta from CHeat premium board:

spoke with a very high ranking admin this weekend. Here's the facts I was told:
1. Folt personally intervened/begged with the NCAA to push the announcement away from Friday due to the kick off of the capital campaign.
2. Expect the report on Tuesday.
3. Nobody really knows what's coming. Or if they do it is limited to only the top 3 folks (Folt, Blouin, Cunningham).
4. There's resolve within South Building to fight any unduly harsh penalties but it is not limitless. If the penalties are not too onerous we will likely just accept them

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #1989 on: October 09, 2017, 12:58:36 pm

1. Folt personally intervened/begged with the NCAA to push the announcement away from Friday due to the kick off of the capital campaign.
3. Nobody really knows what's coming. Or if they do it is limited to only the top 3 folks (Folt, Blouin, Cunningham).
4. There's resolve within South Building to fight any unduly harsh penalties but it is not limitless. If the penalties are not too onerous we will likely just accept them

clt that was a dumb move. release tomorrow will be prime in the media cycle. skipper and Mike P will try to bury it tho.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1990 on: October 10, 2017, 02:22:59 pm

clt that was a dumb move. release tomorrow will be prime in the media cycle. skipper and Mike P will try to bury it tho.

This is the day they said to expect the report.  Do we know anything yet?

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #1991 on: October 10, 2017, 02:28:58 pm

This is the day they said to expect the report.  Do we know anything yet?
There has been no notice to UNC-CH yet. So doubtful it's out tomorrow.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1992 on: October 11, 2017, 10:17:45 pm

They must have taken clt's advice and decided to release it in a non-prime media cycle.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #1993 on: October 11, 2017, 10:43:13 pm

They must have taken clt's advice and decided to release it in a non-prime media cycle.
Whenever this is released, it'll be big news. The traditional news cycle is now gone with the way things go viral now via Twitter.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #1994 on: October 12, 2017, 06:57:31 am

Whenever this is released, it'll be big news. The traditional news cycle is now gone with the way things go viral now via Twitter.

clt agrees to some degree. The best time to bury a press release is still Friday afternoon. Optimal is before a holiday.

Resources like Twitter, aim, and MySpace do help to spread the word to the village.

There ain’t no village.

frequentvisitor

• Walk On
Reply #1995 on: October 12, 2017, 12:28:37 pm
10/12 is University Day at UNC-CH. It commemorates the day the first classes were held there.

UNC-CH probably asked the NCAA to avoid that day, too. It is not something they just thought up. University Day used to be a big deal there. JFK spoke in Kenan Stadium on 10/12/61 as part of the celebration.

UNC-CH switched from using 1793 to 1789, the year the school was chartered, on tee shirts and stuff about 15 years ago.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1996 on: October 12, 2017, 12:32:00 pm
10/12 is University Day at UNC-CH. It commemorates the day the first classes were held there.
Were these real classes?
#unc-CHeatingPays

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #1997 on: October 12, 2017, 02:06:18 pm
clt says tomorrow at noon. clt was right.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1998 on: October 12, 2017, 04:01:08 pm
Were these real classes?

Nugget for the win!

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #1999 on: October 12, 2017, 06:11:29 pm
Were these real classes?

Nugget for the win!

clt says Julius peppers cannot read this.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos