Author Topic: SEC  (Read 2018 times)

Normmm

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #25 on: January 13, 2017, 03:16:16 pm
NC State would be an SEC member today if not for the Triangle roadblocks and old timers loyal to the ACC

And the $50 million ACC exit fee

How many NC State fans do you know that want to leave the ACC for the SEC? I know 0.

Funny; I can name 25 off the top of my head that would love to see it.

Yeah, I know a few as well.  There are a lot of NCSU fans who would like nothing better than to stick it to UNC-CH.  Plus, I think some of them have conceded that they have an uphill battle to dethrone CH or Duke in bball.  So in their minds, if they left for the SEC they might have better opportunity at having a better fball program than UNC-CH.

Things especially changed when they created the divisions and didn't put NCSU and UNC-CH in the same division.

I think Normmm was probably right all along, we'll be really good next year.

49ER9ER

• Walk On
Reply #26 on: January 13, 2017, 08:24:38 pm
Test

49ER9ER

• Walk On
Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 08:30:59 pm
We have discussed this in depth on several occasions, including when an ESPN beat writer suggested the same thing.

I know for a fact this is a market the SEC would like to locate in (partially just to piss the ACC off). Not the only market, but definitely on the list.

We simply will not ever get there with current leadership. It's gonna take an entrepreneur type AD with incredible connections, people skills, and deal making ability. The type that could startup a company and turn it into a 9 figure revenue business (because that's what SEC programs are). Will we ever be so fortunate to get that type of leadership? Doubtful, but the ground is ripe for the right person.

Also, we would be roadblocked at every turn by the Triangle. Don't doubt it for a second. We would need a coalition of local political and business leadership to power through those roadblocks.

49ER9ER

• Walk On
Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 08:54:05 pm
How about Mac Everett? He loves to volunteer, has all the credentials, connected to UNC Charlotte and could definitely make a difference. It's a long shot but......  See link below.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article9133067.html

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:33:32 pm by 49ER9ER »

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos