Author Topic: From the desk of Judy Rose  (Read 9021 times)

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 04:55:37 pm
Not nearly enough. But just this much, is very refreshing!

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:09:34 pm
 and including stadium expansion.

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 05:14:24 pm
This is something I've never seen before. If y'all keep up the heat with the emails we might start getting something like this ever semester 😂
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

Crusader

• Freshman
Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 05:14:55 pm
New graphics in hallways of Halton Arena?

Be still my beating heart.  I'm sure that will fill Halton Arena.

Guess now that football was in Bowl discussion, that's good enough and we can spend money on a softball hitting facility? 

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 05:22:25 pm
You guys want more, get something, and complain. Is it perfect, of course not, but it's a start. I'd love to see a 5/10 year plan come out. 

Perhaps more specific # amounts for funding needed to complete projects, project milestones, etc.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 05:26:46 pm
The most positive thing about this is that it is a response to this board.

It may not be the response we wanted...but we wanted to hear from the AD with explanations and plans and she jumped rather quickly to passify the restless natives.

Any response is shocking...how quickly this one came out is even more shocking.

Our voices are being heard loud and clear apparently.

Keep pressuring for answers and accountability and it will come.  Apathy is what they want (and what I have)...those of you that are still fired up and pissed off and willing to let your voices be heard is what will make things happen here. 

Just like the football initiative.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 05:27:29 pm
Maybe you guys have begun to set expectations over there!  Either way I like it.

I certainly do not expect, or want, a letter to everyone to say "we suck!".  Saying "Make no mistake, our goal is to win.  Our goal is to consistently be in contention for Conference USA titles and NCAA Tournament and/or football bowl bids..." is what I want to hear, now I want to see it.

Very interesting that we "have reached 88.2% of our given charge to raise $40 million by 2019".  Some of you guys have really stepped up!  Thanks.
#unc-CHeatingPays

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 05:28:36 pm
Maybe you guys have begun to set expectations over there!  Either way I like it.

I certainly do not expect, or want, a letter to everyone to say "we suck!".  Saying "Make no mistake, our goal is to win.  Our goal is to consistently be in contention for Conference USA titles and NCAA Tournament and/or football bowl bids..." is what I want to hear, now I want to see it.

Very interesting that we "have reached 88.2% of our given charge to raise $40 million by 2019".  Some of you guys have really stepped up!  Thanks.
Richardson's $10 million counts toward that, I'd bet the promenade donation does too.

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 05:38:56 pm
I really like Judy,  she relates well to everyone that actually talks to her in person.
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 05:40:56 pm

Richardson's $10 million counts toward that, I'd bet the promenade donation does too.

Good call.  If we are at $35.28 million, and about $12 million is from those two gifts, that still leaves $23.28 million.  Somebody is getting it done.  We all know Judy can bring in the big dollars.  I hope a significant portion of that is happening due to the efforts of Mike H, Kelly, Dan, and Michael G.  If not...
#unc-CHeatingPays

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 05:51:26 pm
Wish there was a little more detail but this is a refreshing  change do I won't complain.

Glad to see hitting facilities are on the way

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 06:09:28 pm
This may not be what everyone wanted, but it is a start. I like how she did update us on how much money they have raised and how much is left, along with renderings for the baseball and softball hitting complex's which I had not seen before.
Maybe if we keep up the pressure we may get more of these. I think many in Niner Nation are too lax in their criticism of how our athletic department has performed as a whole and if more will be vocal we may be able to affect more change.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 07:01:51 pm
I'd like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

From what I heard, baseball was having to bring in funds for their facility..

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 07:09:18 pm
I'd like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

This may seem like a stupid question so I apologize if this is common knowledge but could some of it be going to pay off the stadium/other debt the AD has? Or are the students on the hook for that.
Doesn't shock me that they're making baseball raise the money themselves, but if that's the case then where is that $40M going? Surely it cannot costs that much to re-do the track and put up a new scoreboard.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 07:12:50 pm

This may seem like a stupid question so I apologize if this is common knowledge but could some of it be going to pay off the stadium/other debt the AD has? Or are the students on the hook for that.
Doesn't shock me that they're making baseball raise the money themselves, but if that's the case then where is that $40M going? Surely it cannot costs that much to re-do the track and put up a new scoreboard.
unless prices have jumped a lot in the last e years, a scoreboard like that is going to cost around a million

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 07:17:41 pm

unless prices have jumped a lot in the last e years, a scoreboard like that is going to cost around a million
So a million out of nearly $40M, and track may have been a million too. So $2M out of nearly $40M, maybe the rest is going towards expansion of the stadium? I kinda wish she'd be more direct about where that money is going, but hey that letter is a start!

cltniners

Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 07:33:27 pm
clt prefers a fb stadium upgrade over a indoor softball hitting area.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 07:35:11 pm
NA18 does too.

emf

• Senior
Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:10 pm
The thing about softball is they're #family (well, I guess Hibbs is too, cant keep track of all the nepotism) and they insist on parity with the baseball facilities. When baseball got lights, there was hell to pay that softball didn't.

cltniners

Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 08:00:38 pm
The thing about softball is they're #family (well, I guess Hibbs is too, cant keep track of all the nepotism) and they insist on parity with the baseball facilities. When baseball got lights, there was hell to pay that softball didn't.

clt says this is a great way to fall behind in today's landscape.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #21 on: March 21, 2017, 08:26:58 pm
Would baseball and softball use the same indoor hitting facility or would that be impossible?

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 08:48:53 pm
Would baseball and softball use the same indoor hitting facility or would that be impossible?
I'd assume it's possible, but doesn't look like that is what is happening here.

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 08:56:11 pm
how come that's not happening?  what suggest it's not going to be for both teams?

"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:06 pm
how come that's not happening?  what suggest it's not going to be for both teams?
The link at the start of this thread shows an image for an indoor Baseball facility, and one for Softball.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos