Author Topic: From the desk of Judy Rose  (Read 8875 times)

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: March 21, 2017, 11:15:20 pm
Winning is part of the AD's job right? And they should be held accountable correct? Basketball/football has been bad the last 10 years. That's a long time considering the "good ol days".

Not sure I get anything from this at all. She should send this out and it be the norm. I don't claim to know all the parts of the AD's job but winning and fan support for basketball and football has to be up there. She's in too many wallets/purses. The AD and coach get paid a lot of money for RESULTS! This isn't volunteer work. You win and have success or you get fired, period.

Oh well... Go niners!

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:04 am
It's BS that they wouldn't kick any money towards the indoor facility for baseball and Hibbs goes out and gets his own funds for the facility and Judy pops it into her newsletter as if it's something that anyone in her department played a part in.  And if this school is all about gender equality as it has always seemed, Devos should have to raise every dollar for her practice facility as well.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 12:05:10 am
Am I the only one that noticed Judy got a  new hairstyle?

cltniners

Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 06:16:15 am
It's BS that they wouldn't kick any money towards the indoor facility for baseball and Hibbs goes out and gets his own funds for the facility and Judy pops it into her newsletter as if it's something that anyone in her department played a part in.  And if this school is all about gender equality as it has always seemed, Devos should have to raise every dollar for her practice facility as well.

clt says that is a good idea, but why is the sec of education going to fundraiser for softball? She could just write a check.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 07:26:23 am
Am I the only one that noticed Judy got a  new hairstyle?
I noticed the what looks to be pant suit more. What the hell design is that
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:05 am

The date on the softball rendering is August 15, 2016. The date on the baseball rendering is 2-18-2017. Was the softball hitting facility being planned before baseball? The way we spend money on facilities is a big head scratcher to me. See the tennis facility.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 07:58:53 am
Did Hibbs raise the money?
#unc-CHeatingPays

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 08:54:18 am
Did Hibbs raise the money?
Yes, hence my post.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 09:03:19 am
Wait, so y'all are saying the AD Office raised $ for a Softball upgrade, but Baseball had to raise $ there self with no help from the AD Office.  If that's true, we could have a Title 9 lawsuit on the boy's side.  Wouldn't that be crazy if a girl's law caused a boy to sue?
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

cltniners

Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 09:05:38 am

The date on the softball rendering is August 15, 2016. The date on the baseball rendering is 2-18-2017. Was the softball hitting facility being planned before baseball? The way we spend money on facilities is a big head scratcher to me. See the tennis facility.

clt says good catch. we will call this diamondgate.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 09:08:23 am

clt says good catch. we will call this diamondgate.

s*** like this is what is wrong with our AD.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 09:24:40 am
Well, I will believe we have an indoor hitting facility for either sport when I see construction start. Rumor in the shout box and elsewhere is that CHP is holding up baseball because he didn't like the appearance of the proposed building. May be true, since we all know he's anal about the campus being to HIS liking (RIP Belk Tower)

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:34 am
Why are we spending money on hitting facilities when we still have the smallest football stadium in FBS???!
"No more excuses, no more apologists, no more anything.... time to win or GTFO. 
NWA - 5/8/13

NinerNirvana

• Sophomore
Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 09:56:32 am
Well, I will believe we have an indoor hitting facility for either sport when I see construction start. Rumor in the shout box and elsewhere is that CHP is holding up baseball because he didn't like the appearance of the proposed building. May be true, since we all know he's anal about the campus being to HIS liking (RIP Belk Tower)
My first impression of the appearance of the building was not so favorable either.  I also wonder about the placement of the building in that it may hinder the sight line of first base line seating to right field.  Sounds like a matter of clearing up those issues and its a go.  This artist rendering may not be to scale and may be visually deceptive.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 09:57:21 am
Why are we spending money on hitting facilities when we still have the smallest football stadium in FBS???!
Well, if Lambert raises his own money we can expand the stadium.

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 09:58:22 am

Ha ha, touche... that's not happening anytime soon.
NWA - 5/8/13

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 09:59:04 am

Ha ha, touche... that's not happening anytime soon.
Ogunjobi Stadium will be fun to say.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 10:00:25 am

The date on the baseball rendering is more recent because they had to revise the design based on Phil's comments. They have been pursuing this for several years.  An indoor facility was actually planned as an additional phase when they built the Hayes in 2006-2007.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 10:11:47 am

The date on the baseball rendering is more recent because they had to revise the design based on Phil's comments. They have been pursuing this for several years.  An indoor facility was actually planned as an additional phase when they built the Hayes in 2006-2007.

This.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:52 am
I'd like to know what all that $40m is going towards: track updates, scoreboard in Halton, graphics, etc.

From what I heard, baseball was having to bring in funds for their facility..

Baseball didn't HAVE to bring in the funds on their own, but assisting/working on it as well would obviously help----so they did. This is not that unusual.

Jackrabbit49er

• Freshman
Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 11:13:15 am

Why does it have to be one or the other?
Sic vis pacem, para bellum

My college teams:

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 11:23:17 am

I'm more concerned about actually filling said stadium. I hate seeing stadiums that are twice as big as the number of people actually in attendance.

Don't take this as me being against stadium expansion, I am pro expansion, but I don't believe we'd come close to filling it, and it'd look bad.

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #47 on: March 22, 2017, 11:27:00 am
^I'd like a stadium expansion as well.

But to your point, we do a pretty bad job of getting people in the stadium. It would be nice if we would prioritize that first.

EE9er

• Assistant Coach
Reply #48 on: March 22, 2017, 11:36:38 am

I'm more concerned about actually filling said stadium. I hate seeing stadiums that are twice as big as the number of people actually in attendance.

Don't take this as me being against stadium expansion, I am pro expansion, but I don't believe we'd come close to filling it, and it'd look bad.

We have discussed this is many many many many other threads and times, I'm not going to get into again, my opinion is we should not have the smallest FBS stadium, I also think if we had an AD that knew how to sell it wouldn't be empty.  It is looking more and more like the current AD is not going to tackle stadium expansion, which I think is a mistake, we can agree to disagree on this one.
NWA - 5/8/13

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #49 on: March 22, 2017, 11:42:08 am
^I'd like a stadium expansion as well.

But to your point, we do a pretty bad job of getting people in the stadium. It would be nice if we would prioritize that first.

At the parade saturday one of the IMG ticket guys was there.  He was handing out vouchers to the spring game, so that was a great idea.  The bad is that even though I told the AD there would be 100K people there, we ran out of vouchers way early.  It's a great idea though and hopefully gets some new folks in the stadium

On another note I explained to him about CFI.  He had never heard the story and said this is a great story, why don't we talk about it?  It would sell tickets and encourage donors!  I said I don't know, you will have to ask Judy that.
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos