Author Topic: A&T postgame  (Read 4592 times)

LoyalNiner

• Sophomore
on: September 16, 2017, 08:56:28 pm
fire everybody

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 09:34:19 pm
fire everybody

Ditto.  We have nothing to lose.  But if possible, we need to start with Judy.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:42:47 pm
3 pick six this year.

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:43:13 pm
for sure dream fires:  Mullen, Judy Rose
maybe fires:  Lambert
hope we can keep:  our defensive coach Matt

this is an eye-opening "WE SUCK".  A&T is a good FCS team, but we shouldn't be losing to them at home

"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:48:19 pm
I am beyond embarrassed. At what point do we move past the "Just glad to have football" mindset in the administration and start looking for results??
Three words to end this: Fire Brad Lambert
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 09:49:44 pm

this is an eye-opening "WE SUCK".  A&T is a good FCS team, but we shouldn't be losing to them at home
maybe fire Lambert? Maybe?????

What has the guy done to make you think he's worth keeping? This s*** show starts at the top.  Cut off the head and the rest of this embarrassment dies too.

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 09:54:11 pm

maybe fire Lambert? Maybe? ??? ?

What has the guy done to make you think he's worth keeping? This s*** show starts at the top.  Cut off the head and the rest of this embarrassment dies too.

If we fire Lambert, we may lose Matt W - I think we could be OK if we had a decent offensive coach.  Matt has done more with less, and Jeff Mullen has done less with more.  I don't think we should give Lambert an extension.  I don't think he's the coach that will take us any further.  I don't think he's fiery enough to be a successful head coach, but the reality is that as long as Judy is AD, he's not getting fired.  Judy is definitely cringe-worthy.  I'm just being realistic on our best chances to succeed, and that's somehow dumping Mullen but keeping Matt W.

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 09:56:46 pm
Its time to clean house. Throw everything out. Including the kitchen sink.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

niner319

• Walk On
Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 09:59:28 pm
fire everybody

maybe fire Lambert? Maybe?????

I mentioned this in the chat, I went to the 50 yard line and chanted "you suck Lambert" for part of the third quarter and three people decided to kick me out from where I was at. I anticipated more to root me along based on how we have been playing, but I guess I was in the family section.  So someone followed me back to 114 to my seat and said I shouldn't have called out Labmert.

But I feel like he has every reason to be yelled at based on his his performance.

-Charlotte49ers-

• Freshman
Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 10:00:02 pm
At least I wasn't the only one chanting Fire Lambert.

Totally embarrassing. This program is a joke. Look at Judy on the sideline wearing the wrong color green tonight. That's our athletics in a nutshell.

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 10:01:19 pm
Rod Broadway is absolutely the best college football coach in NC...he has won at every job...including Grambling. He is 62 years old now...but we could do a lot worse...like exactly what we have right now. Hire Coach Broadway.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:20 pm

maybe fire Lambert? Maybe? ??? ?

If we fire Lambert, we may lose Matt W - I think we could be OK if we had a decent offensive coach.  Matt has done more with less, and Jeff Mullen has done less with more.  I don't think we should give Lambert an extension.  I don't think he's the coach that will take us any further.  I don't think he's fiery enough to be a successful head coach, but the reality is that as long as Judy is AD, he's not getting fired.  Judy is definitely cringe-worthy.  I'm just being realistic on our best chances to succeed, and that's somehow dumping Mullen but keeping Matt W.
I like Wally, but he's not worth keeping Lambert around

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 10:11:17 pm
We were much more talented. It showed frequently.

Our offense couldn't move the ball against A&T. If Mullen has a job on Monday, that will tell you all you need to know.

Wally is brads best friend. He's not sticking around if Brad goes. This staff has had time. It's time to move on.
#bus1

NinerAdvocate

Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 10:12:15 pm

This. Lambert's seat should be painfully hot. The other two need to be gone yesterday.

GTFO MULLEN! GTFO JUDY!!!

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 10:20:51 pm
18,651 there tonight. Shame we wasted it.

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:56 pm
I will point this out:  this is the staff that PASSED on a sure thing with Riley to take a gamble on Olsen.  Let that sink in for a while.  Compound that with our sucky offense and bad QB play just about every year and that is the glaring problem with our program. 

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 10:23:55 pm
Clean house. 

Another awful game from Klugh.  The pick six was a horrible, unnecessary throw.  Three total turnovers. 

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 10:24:29 pm
At least I wasn't the only one

Judy on the sideline wearing the wrong color green tonight. That's our athletics in a nutshell.

She was bragging about our women's volleyball team.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 10:25:48 pm
We may not win a game this season considering how we can't pass or move the ball for much of the game. We continue to commit boneheaded penalties and our play calling is illogical. GA State is the worst team remaining on our schedule and our best shot at a win. Every other team left on the schedule has better players than A&T with the exception of maybe GA State. 0-12 or 1-11 is not what I paid to see in year five.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 10:26:45 pm
I will point this out:  this is the staff that PASSED on a sure thing with Riley to take a gamble on Olsen.  Let that sink in for a while.  Compound that with our sucky offense and bad QB play just about every year and that is the glaring problem with our program.

Riley?  He's terrible. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400935270

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 10:27:48 pm
Rod Broadway is absolutely the best college football coach in NC...he has won at every job...including Grambling. He is 62 years old now...but we could do a lot worse...like exactly what we have right now. Hire Coach Broadway.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 10:28:14 pm
We woulda had a better chance to win before the pick 6 by running up the middle, hustling up to spike after first downs Getting the ball in decent position for a field goal, and killing them in overtime. They were running on fumes and it was obvious to everyone except the people who count; our coaching staff. Klough is a turnover waiting to happen and it did.
Is it just me or did their coaching staff have them way more prepared than ours did? Gotta be stuff they saw on tape that allowed them to dominate the whole first half.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 10:28:21 pm
I had a former player tell me tonight that Mullin did not want Riley because he thought he had an attitude.  I think we need some attitude.

MikeNiner11

• Sophomore
Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 10:34:41 pm
I had a former player tell me tonight that Mullin did not want Riley because he thought he had an attitude.  I think we need some attitude.

I remember hearing from a high school coach in Charlotte that our staff didn't like the way he left Tennessee. Basically went home without letting UT know his plans, and didn't go back. Surprisingly, we had no issue taking a QB who had been kicked out of two schools.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:45:50 pm by MikeNiner11 »

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 10:38:21 pm

I remember hearing from a high school coach in Charlotte that our staff didn't like the way he left Tennessee. Basically went home without letting UT know his plans, and didn't go back. Surpassingly, we had no issue taking a QB who had been kicked out of two schools.
I think Olsen was on zero tolerance. I'm sure they never dreamed he'd be the nightmare that he was. Rolled the dice with the wrong guy.
That is bad luck. The stupid decisions they make during games is not.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos