Author Topic: A&T postgame  (Read 4718 times)

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #25 on: September 16, 2017, 10:41:56 pm
Rod Broadway is absolutely the best college football coach in NC...he has won at every job...including Grambling. He is 62 years old now...but we could do a lot worse...like exactly what we have right now. Hire Coach Broadway.

I'm inclined to agree with you.
Aw, ya'll know that Fedora is better.  ;)

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #26 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44:53 pm
I'm not going to pile on. I will just say we deserve better. To the members on here that were part of CFI, you surely deserve better. Tonight was an embarrassment for 55 or so minutes. All the excuses used in the past are gone. We suck. It's that simple.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #27 on: September 16, 2017, 10:45:41 pm
So much for our toiken FCS home win this year.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #28 on: September 16, 2017, 10:49:28 pm
So on Klugh, for a team willing to roll 3 different QBs out there some games, should a change be made? Is Barden the next up or is there someone else that maybe "could" be good?

I hate changing out QBs in the middle of games but Klugh stats aren't good enough to keep his QB seat game to game with no changes. I was hoping he would at least look good enough to kinda hope he has it in him. I have more faith in Klugh than the Barden I saw last year. Maybe he has improved?

If we had another quarter I believe we win that game. They couldn't stop the run late in the game but the defense didn't get the ball back quick enough and had to rely on the pass.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:52:02 pm by cibik02 »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #29 on: September 16, 2017, 10:56:24 pm
Do we lead the nation for Pick 6s?  My guess is yes, we do.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 10:59:41 pm
Just to add to the b**** fest, the speakers suck. They sucked last year too. Do something about that or put the bass on low. It sounds like an old hatchback with the glass rattling.

And the marching band... "the first song played tribute to a 50s sitcom...", whoa what. What did they say??? It was hard to hear but try playing something people are interested in. Fire the band music chooser too! Everyone knows a&t band is descent but for $&@##* *^#

The stadium wall wrap in white- I thought it looked bad. The green was way nicer and stood out. White was too plain.

Beer Garden- big success! Lots of people happy. Just get people through the line faster. Who ever came up with that idea, as long as not responsible for the sucky stuff, promote that person to head of sports game day operations.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 11:03:26 pm by cibik02 »

NinerAdvocate

Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 11:01:34 pm
Let's not do the extra quarter argument because:

1) we have 20+ more players than an FCS team. We'd damn well better be beating them in a 4 hour game

2) we blew our chance to force OT when we a) mismanaged the clock in the 4th quarter (for the umpteenth time), and b) didn't run Lemay with 36 seconds left already in FG range, with a TO in our back pocket, and despite the fact that they hadn't stopped him all quarter.

We suck because we make terrible decisions.

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 11:01:47 pm
A&T should be proud and happy with their program and product.  I am disgusted with our situation.  We might not win another game - EVER

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: September 16, 2017, 11:06:11 pm
Their band was awesome.  Our band performed like our offensive coordinator - incoherent, out of sync and playing at a high, junior varsity level. 

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 11:07:47 pm
You guys that are analyzing the game. I fear your missing the point. The point is that we haven't had any wins in JRS since we went FBS other than Elon and Presbyterian. Let that sink in. And this year we couldn't even win our FCS game.

There is no fun to be had at JRS. It's that simple.

I'm glad we have a team. But what did I pay for FSLs for and buy the tickets for?  To have fun. To enjoy it.

This is not enjoyable.

This is pathetic.

If we don't pull some conference wins out of our ass this year we are going to be the laughing stock of FBS and of NC. It's that simple.

Guys it's year 5. With 4 FBS recruiting classes and we lost to NC A&T. I don't care how good they are. When you combing that with all the other loses it's simply unacceptable.

This issue starts at the top and the chancellor and board need to take steps to fix the issue.

It's pathetic and embarrassing.

It's not what our fans paid for and deserve.

It's not what our students pay their athletic fees for. They deserve better.

Allowing someone to keep an AD job this long with these results is insane.

She has taken an Athletic department that was on the way up and just turned it into a big pile of s***.

Think about that next week when we get punked at home by Ga St. and in November when we lose again to Davidson at home.

I am so sick of the lack of accountability in our AD. It starts at the top and it needs to change.

Judy Rose should be asked to retire.

It's that simple. 

The results are simply not up to par.

I just don't understand the leadership of this institution to allow this to keep going on year after year.

At this point if we are just going to accept mediocrity (actually we are worse than that) moving forward screw it we should just drop down to division 2 or 3.

If we have no higher standard than this then what's the point.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 11:10:25 pm
On a positive note it looked like the Beer Garden was a success.
#unc-CHeatingPays

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 11:11:39 pm
You guys that are analyzing the game. I fear your missing the point. The point is that we haven't had any wins in JRS since we went FBS other than Elon and Presbyterian. Let that sink in. And this year we couldn't even win our FCS game.

I'm glad we have a team. But what did I pay for FSLs for and buy the tickets for?  To have fun. To enjoy it.

This is not enjoyable.

This is pathetic.

If we don't pull some conference wins out of our ass this year we are going to be the laughing stock of FBS and of NC. It's that simple.

Guys it's year 5. With 4 FBS recruiting classes and we lost to NC A&T. I don't care how good they are. When you combing that with all the other loses it's simply unacceptable.

This issue starts at the top and the chancellor and board need to take steps to fix the issue.

She has taken an Athletic department that was on the way up and just turned it into a big pile of s***.

Think about that next week when we get punked at home by Ga St. and in November when we lose again to Davidson at home.

I am so sick of the lack of accountability in our AD. It starts at the top and it needs to change.

It's that simple. 

I just don't understand the leadership of this institution to allow this to keep going on year after year.

At this point if we are just going to accept mediocrity (actually we are worse than that) moving forward screw it we should just drop down to division 2 or 3.

This. All of this.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #37 on: September 16, 2017, 11:12:11 pm
So on Klugh, for a team willing to roll 3 different QBs out there some games, should a change be made? Is Barden the next up or is there someone else that maybe "could" be good?

I hate changing out QBs in the middle of games but Klugh stats aren't good enough to keep his QB seat game to game with no changes. I was hoping he would at least look good enough to kinda hope he has it in him. I have more faith in Klugh than the Barden I saw last year. Maybe he has improved?

If we had another quarter I believe we win that game. They couldn't stop the run late in the game but the defense didn't get the ball back quick enough and had to rely on the pass.

I agree, Klugh was unimpressive until A and T ran out of gas. He is nothing more than a wildcat quarterback and his holding on to the ball too long was our biggest issue in the first half. We aren't going anywhere this season what's the harm in trotting Barden out there and seeing what he's can do.

I agree that Mullen shouldn't be employed as of Monday. We literally could do nothing with the ball until our depth came through in the second half. We are lucky that they fumbled the opening kick or we would've had fans piling out in the second quarter.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #38 on: September 16, 2017, 11:13:09 pm
The Good: beer in stadium, new blue lot atmosphere, new coeds

The Bad: Everything else

Mahna Mahna

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #39 on: September 16, 2017, 11:13:56 pm
On a positive note it looked like the Beer Garden was a success.

Could this be the reason the crowd seemed to stick more than in previous games. I was pleasantly surprised with how long the crowd held out.

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #40 on: September 16, 2017, 11:14:21 pm
Beer garden looked undersized to me.  If they want to raise money by selling beer, then they shouldn't have people waiting a hour in line for just one beer. 

austinniner

• Senior
Reply #41 on: September 16, 2017, 11:14:48 pm

This is not enjoyable.

This is pathetic.

It's that simple. 

this.  sucks.
"Noon is tough for friggin fans" - Brad Lambert

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #42 on: September 16, 2017, 11:19:14 pm
clt rants.

Mullen is horrible. Enough with the screens. You had a rb doing very well, slow the game down and pound it down their throats.

We had more talent on the field, yet pooped the bed again

clt watched Riley beat UCLA during the tailgate

Klugh is fast, but always goes to his first option.

clt is ready for a new head coach.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #43 on: September 16, 2017, 11:21:37 pm
I would love to have a job with zero accountability and complete security.

Unfortunately I work in the real world. The people that pay me expect results.

I am under no allusion that if i f*** up in the same manner that Judy Rose has I would be out on my ass.

Why is the UNC Charlotte athletic department any different?  Can someone explain to me how these kind of results are allowed with no repercussions??

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #44 on: September 16, 2017, 11:21:55 pm
Beer garden looked undersized to me.  If they want to raise money by selling beer, then they shouldn't have people waiting a hour in line for just one beer.

clt says the beer garden should be 3 times larger next week for our loss

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #45 on: September 16, 2017, 11:25:01 pm
clt rants.

Mullen is horrible. Enough with the screens. You had a rb doing very well, slow the game down and pound it down their throats.

CLT you are a true fan, but I disagree.

We DO NOT WANT JUDY ROSE HIRING ANOTHER COACH!!

Think about the implications of that guys.

She will give us the Alan Major of football.

Her track record is so poor she simply cannot be allowed to make that big of a decision.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #46 on: September 16, 2017, 11:25:51 pm

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 11:27:25 pm
clt rants.

Her track record is so poor she simply cannot be allowed to make that big of a decision.

clt says we are doomed.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #48 on: September 16, 2017, 11:28:09 pm
clt rants.

I don't dispute that.  Judy hiring another coach gives me no warm feelings, but if we wait for when she leaves I'm worried how devoid of support our fan base will be.
Mahna Mahna

hateappstate

• Walk On
Reply #49 on: September 16, 2017, 11:28:21 pm
Few Observations

1 - Crowd showed up tonight.  Can t say they will continue to support a losing team
2 - Fire Lambert, 5 years is long enough.  Not improving
3 - Get rid of the 49 jersey.  I don't know any other college team that does this gimmicky crap
4 - stop doing the "get up, its third down" 

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos