Author Topic: A&T postgame  (Read 4719 times)

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #50 on: September 16, 2017, 11:30:19 pm
clt says the observer is promoting a story about our loss.

No pregame story.

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #51 on: September 16, 2017, 11:49:21 pm
Anyone seen American Assassin yet? I was listening to the pick 6 at the end as I walked in the theater to the opening scene of all the people being shot. My range of emotions: " We are driving. We got this!...pick 6...Mother F$%&*er..oh look people being slaughtered on a beach"...at least my high school is good again finally and my Jags. Cause lord knows if all 3 of my football teams sucked again this year, I may give up sports forever. Really it's my fault though guys. I transferred from UNCA spring 2010. Lutz gets fired and UNCA goes back to back tourney trips. Apparently any team I cheer for sucks...until I leave then they win.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #52 on: September 17, 2017, 12:00:39 am
clt rants.

Mullen is horrible. Enough with the screens. You had a rb doing very well, slow the game down and pound it down their throats.

We had more talent on the field, yet pooped the bed again

clt watched Riley beat UCLA during the tailgate

Klugh is fast, but always goes to his first option.

clt is ready for a new head coach.

CLT you are a true fan, but I disagree.

We DO NOT WANT JUDY ROSE HIRING ANOTHER COACH!!

Think about the implications of that guys.

She will give us the Alan Major of football.

Her track record is so poor she simply cannot be allowed to make that big of a decision.

I don't dispute that.  Judy hiring another coach gives me no warm feelings, but if we wait for when she leaves I'm worried how devoid of support our fan base will be.

What if her next hire is worse?

I think everyone assumes firing lambert would lead to improvement but with Judy's record it could get worse.

I'm not kidding.

There is not evidence to suggest that she will make a hire that is even marginally better.

I would rather have continuity until she is gone.

Surely to god she is going to announce her retirement soon.

Maybe if we have horrible years in both football and basketball it will force some action university leadership.

How long can this go on?

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #53 on: September 17, 2017, 12:05:07 am
clt rants.

Mullen is horrible. Enough with the screens. You had a rb doing very well, slow the game down and pound it down their throats.

Her track record is so poor she simply cannot be allowed to make that big of a decision.

I don't dispute that.  Judy hiring another coach gives me no warm feelings, but if we wait for when she leaves I'm worried how devoid of support our fan base will be.

I think everyone assumes firing lambert would lead to improvement but with Judy's record it could get worse.

I'm not kidding.

There is not evidence to suggest that she will make a hire that is even marginally better.

Maybe if we have horrible years in both football and basketball it will force some action university leadership.

How long can this go on?
in many cases, firing a coach can lead to worse results. See the Lutz firing if you need an example.

In this case, I'm not sure there is a worse football coach in fbs.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #54 on: September 17, 2017, 12:41:59 am
Unacceptable. Unacceptable performance tonight and unacceptable state of the program. It's one thing to get upset by a FCS team, it's another to walk off your field thinking that FCS team would win 7-8 times out of 10 that they play you. Unacceptable.

Its unacceptable to to pass on Riley Ferguson. He threw 6 TDs against UCLA and may very well be on the Heisman list now. Did we pass on him because Butch Jones said something to Lambert? If so to have that poor a judge of character is unacceptable. I've followed Tennessee football since I was 4 years old and wouldn't believe one word out of his mouth.

I'm not going to get too much into the minutiae of the problems, but unless a miracle occurs this season  (and I want one but to have desire and no hope I'm pretty sure is one of the Circles of Hell in Dantes Inferno) it's time to acknowledge what we all know in our brains is true, it's time to move on from Lambert.

We could very well be the worst program in FBS football, that is unacceptable in the fifth year.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:45:26 am by chidave »

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #55 on: September 17, 2017, 03:51:28 am
clt rants.

I'm not kidding.

How long can this go on?

Right now my dog has the same number of wins as Lambert this season and the same number of FBS home wins ever. Judy can easily hang around another five years or more. I don't want to watch this $h1t show one more game let alone a few more years. The time is now to get a better coach. Lambert had never been a head coach before coming here and it is clearly apparent he is in over his head. He was hired to coach a FCS team that had no conference affiliation. Charlotte is a more desirable job in 2018 than it was in 2010. You must act now otherwise it is pointless to show up on Saturdays beyond tailgating and enjoying the nice weather.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #56 on: September 17, 2017, 07:14:00 am
clt says Mullen should be packing his stuff up today.

jfickett

Reply #57 on: September 17, 2017, 07:17:27 am
Did some yard work, had to get the tree debris cleaned up from the hurricane. Then took a shower, spent some quality time with the wife, and went out to get a delicious sushi dinner! The sake was excellent. Watched American Vandal on Netflix. Very funny and highly recommended. Checked the score at halftime, saw that A&T had like 300+ yards to our barely 100. Went to bed without a care in the world.

Y'all should try this lifestyle. It's great.  There's just no point in getting invested/worked up over any team in a Judy Rose led athletic department. Wake me up when it's over.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 07:20:14 am by jfickett »

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #58 on: September 17, 2017, 07:26:51 am
When I went to school I used to bash anyone wearing another school's gear. I'd lecture people about how this school gave them a chance at a quality education, about our basketball history, about how we were going to get football, etc.

But f*** that.

None of us should be put through this much pain. I am despondent.

Did some yard work, had to get the tree debris cleaned up from the hurricane. Then took a shower, spent some quality time with the wife, and went out to get a delicious sushi dinner! The sake was excellent. Watched American Vandal on Netflix. Very funny and highly recommended. Checked the score at halftime, saw that A&T had like 300+ yards to our barely 100. Went to bed without a care in the world.

Y'all should try this lifestyle. It's great.  There's just no point in getting invested/worked up over any team in a Judy Rose led athletic department. Wake me up when it's over.

You guys that are analyzing the game. I fear your missing the point. The point is that we haven't had any wins in JRS since we went FBS other than Elon and Presbyterian.

In some alternate reality I'm calling for all the students and fans to march on campus and demand the removal of Judy Rose. But I know nobody cares enough for that.

Iron9er

• Senior Captain
Reply #59 on: September 17, 2017, 07:47:09 am

Smart.  I've cut them out of my life as well, and feel much better.  The few games I do attend, I just want to see old friends, etc, no expectations of our teams. 

I wish I could say this game or season is surprising.  The surprising thing to me is that others seem surprised.  Good for you, they haven't broken you...yet. 
"Congrats. You guys beat our ass last night and it was a pretty pathetic performance on the glass and downlow." - StillJonesing - December 2, 2012.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 08:43:02 am
Judy sounded very pleased with the way things are going.  She was bragging on the girls volleyball team on the pre-game show and regarding football, she stated this is what we ALWAYS wanted.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Aggiedecks

• Walk On
Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 08:51:21 am
fire everybody

There comes a time when you just have to blow things up and start over. It's worked wonders for A&T. We hired a new AD in 2011 and what a difference he's made in all sports! I'm shocked we still have him.

I hope you guys don't mind my comments but I actually live in the university area and follow niner football when I'm not supporting A&T.   

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #62 on: September 17, 2017, 09:00:12 am
fire everybody

There comes a time when you just have to blow things up and start over. It's worked wonders for A&T. We hired a new AD in 2011 and what a difference he's made in all sports! I'm shocked we still have him.

I hope you guys don't mind my comments but I actually live in the university area and follow niner football when I'm not supporting A&T.

Like I said...Rod Broadway is the best college head football coach in the state of North Carolina. We could take some lessons.

Chisox17

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://www.ninerreport.com
Reply #63 on: September 17, 2017, 09:13:19 am
A non football observation. I gave some daps to Jailan Haslem on the way in. Dude is HUGE. It will be so nice to have legit size under the basket again.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:57:43 pm by Chisox17 »
2010 NNN POSTER OF THE YEAR

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #64 on: September 17, 2017, 09:14:22 am
fire everybody

Comment away.. you guys seemed so much better prepared, it was disheartening to see..

To see Lambert's quote that we just weren't ready in the first half speaks volumes about the guy... He seems to be terrific man, he's just ill equipped to be a head coach at this level.

Oh.... and your band.., WOW. That was the best thing I've seen on that field. 

NinerAl

• Freshman
Reply #65 on: September 17, 2017, 09:27:59 am
I'll just let DOOMS - moderator at bluedeathvalley.com A & T Fan forum speak for me:

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #66 on: September 17, 2017, 09:45:02 am
Start of year when folks said the Niners were picked to win four games, I was really disappointed.  Whew, little did I know.  Questioning writing off my FSL's.

Star Wars Maniac

• Walk On
Reply #67 on: September 17, 2017, 10:35:13 am
-What the heck why do we start so slow every game then we have to play from behind its so annoying
- We should just run the ball on every offensive play cuz Klugh sucks at throwing misses wide open wrs & telegraphs his passes
- WR screen plays should be thrown out of the playbook there stupid
- Lambert should be fired he is not the long term solution for this football program
- Montgomery probably has the best speed on the team
- i hate having a 3-4 defense id rather have a 4-3
- our secondary players cant tackle or cover if there life depended on it
- D line gets no pressure on the qb
- it was nice seeing a packed house

hootie

• Assistant Coach
Reply #68 on: September 17, 2017, 12:15:41 pm
All we had to do was run the ball down their throats, looked pretty simple for me and the guys I was watching with.

Tailgating was fun. 

The end (maybe of a lot of things)
[UNC-CH] is a turd floating in the punch bowl. - Gregg Doyel 9/7/10

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #69 on: September 17, 2017, 12:35:59 pm
fire everybody

stick around. I like outside perspectives as long as visiting fans aren't tools.

Good luck the rest of the season.

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #70 on: September 17, 2017, 02:15:09 pm
Now I am at the Panthers game and I had to watch the tarholes pounding the drum. Soon, our band will play at halftime.  Feels like its punishment for me to hear that again.  Will try to pass.  Would love to hear A&T band again. 

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #71 on: September 17, 2017, 02:48:35 pm
At least I wasn't the only one chanting Fire Lambert.

Totally embarrassing. This program is a joke. Look at Judy on the sideline wearing the wrong color green tonight. That's our athletics in a nutshell.
"At least it's green"
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #72 on: September 17, 2017, 04:37:46 pm
I had a chance to talk to Austin Duke last night.  He is a good guy and it was great to see him back on the sidelines.  I hope that he will find his way onto an NFL roster, but I am certain that he is going to do just fine in life if that does not happen.
#unc-CHeatingPays

NinerAdvocate

Reply #73 on: September 17, 2017, 05:21:39 pm
I'll just let DOOMS - moderator at bluedeathvalley.com A & T Fan forum speak for me:

Nailed it. Agree 100%.

Also, as I tweeted last night, A&Ts band was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

NinerAdvocate

Reply #74 on: September 17, 2017, 05:23:19 pm
All we had to do was run the ball down their throats, looked pretty simple for me and the guys I was watching with.

Tailgating was fun. 

The end (maybe of a lot of things)

I annoyed everyone in my section with my incredulity that we wouldn't just run the damn ball down their throats.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos