Author Topic: FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 22673 times)

49ersRock and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alumni93

• Walk On
Reply #50 on: September 19, 2017, 01:09:01 am

[/quote]lemay was an ESPN 300 player when he committed to us.
[/quote]

Yes he was.  Washington has been our only 4 star recruit.   Your big names would be ford or Barden or Washington or LeMay

But this is part of the problem with our recruiting.  There are what 130 FBS teams and we are considering the 113 ranked rb of that year as a big time recruit.  Washington was #34.  If I'm not mistaken he's the only top 100 player at his position that we have signed. 

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #51 on: September 19, 2017, 07:36:40 am
The o.c. should be replaced and/or removed an replaced.  As for Washington, I would be pissed too.  The play calling is terrible and always has always been terrible.  The offensive line was terrible and were letting them hit our backs behind the line of scrimmage. It seemed that Lemay was breaking more of those tackles and he was definitely running harder than Washington in my eyes.  Washington looked like he was trying to hesitate and wait for a hole to open, as if he was Bell with a great offensive line.  Washington, if he sticks, needs to stop the dancing and start hitting a hole or a man at full power.  Lemay was by far the better back and he might be our best - very impressive game by him.  Lemay was hot and they didn't want him winning the game for us - they meaning A&T and our O.C.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 09:14:58 am
I have one more comment on the whole debacle. 

The general community loves us.  I was talking to people in my section that showed up for their first game, or they buy tickets on stub hub when they can, and football has truly endeared us to a large number of people that otherwise could care less about our university.  Some would call these people "Wal-Mart Fans" and hate on Chapel Hill all you want, our University could use a few more of them. 

Although those people are not nearly as connected, and don't follow nearly as closely as we all do, I started talking with one guy in particular who kept asking about our OC and how bad he was.  He didn't know the history or anything.  With absolutely no prompting, he brought up how backwards it seemed our athletic department seemed to be, and how they clearly needed a new direction.  He was shocked to find out our AD had been here as long as she had.  He kept talking about coming to basketball way back when.  I found it interesting.   If we win ball games, this town will fall in love with us.  There are tons of alums from schools all over the country that love college sports, and just happen to live here.  We could be their 2nd team easily.  More than that, there's a massive footprint of people in this area that didn't go to college that love us, they just want us to win.
#bus1

chidave

• Junior
Reply #53 on: September 19, 2017, 09:28:11 am
I don't want to sidetrack the thread but it appeared to me that LeMay was having success because on the running play we run 95% of the time (that read option/delay up the middle with no FB) he was bouncing it outside because any DC with half a brain would know to stack the middle against our offense and A&T did. He got the yards by making Herculean efforts on his own against the design of the play.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #54 on: September 19, 2017, 10:44:04 am
I am against firing Lambert until the season closes because I think it may scare off future coaching options while not really doing anything in the mean time (e.g. it's not like we have a great assistant or it's not like we have a chance to go bowling). Even then I don't want Judy to hire the new coach...

I have one more comment on the whole debacle. 

The general community loves us.  I was talking to people in my section that showed up for their first game, or they buy tickets on stub hub when they can, and football has truly endeared us to a large number of people that otherwise could care less about our university.  Some would call these people "Wal-Mart Fans" and hate on Chapel Hill all you want, our University could use a few more of them. 

Although those people are not nearly as connected, and don't follow nearly as closely as we all do, I started talking with one guy in particular who kept asking about our OC and how bad he was.  He didn't know the history or anything.  With absolutely no prompting, he brought up how backwards it seemed our athletic department seemed to be, and how they clearly needed a new direction.  He was shocked to find out our AD had been here as long as she had.  He kept talking about coming to basketball way back when.  I found it interesting.   If we win ball games, this town will fall in love with us.  There are tons of alums from schools all over the country that love college sports, and just happen to live here.  We could be their 2nd team easily.  More than that, there's a massive footprint of people in this area that didn't go to college that love us, they just want us to win.

Yeah, I do think we have a good number of people who want us to be relevant.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #55 on: September 19, 2017, 11:14:32 am
I am against firing Lambert until the season closes because I think it may scare off future coaching options while not really doing anything in the mean time (e.g. it's not like we have a great assistant or it's not like we have a chance to go bowling). Even then I don't want Judy to hire the new coach...

I don't think anyone will get fired during the season, just because we already are short staffed.  Our Head Coach is doing double duty and is also our D line coach as it is.

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
Reply #56 on: September 19, 2017, 11:40:22 am

I don't think anyone will get fired during the season, just because we already are short staffed.  Our Head Coach is doing double duty and is also our D line coach as it is.

Agreed. At the same time, what do we have to lose? Totally split on keeping him till the end of the season or just ripping the band off and assign a interim head coach? Such a tough time being a niner fan.
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #57 on: September 19, 2017, 11:51:55 am
We are not short staffed. We have 10 FT coaches, that is the max you can have. When Curry resigned he was replaced immediately by Skalaski.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 12:03:09 pm by moss2k »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #58 on: September 19, 2017, 11:59:19 am

Agreed. At the same time, what do we have to lose?

The additional salary we pay the interim coach. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

Crusader

• Freshman
Reply #59 on: September 19, 2017, 12:32:05 pm
We are not short staffed. We have 10 FT coaches, that is the max you can have. When Curry resigned he was replaced immediately by Skalaski.

So our "d line" is now part of special teams?

Charlotte 49ers head football coach Brad Lambert promoted Charlie Skalaski to the programís Special Teams Coordinator position in June, 2017. Skalaski filled the vacant coaching slot opened when defensive line coach Aaron Curry resigned.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #60 on: September 19, 2017, 01:01:44 pm

So our "d line" is now part of special teams?

Charlotte 49ers head football coach Brad Lambert promoted Charlie Skalaski to the programís Special Teams Coordinator position in June, 2017. Skalaski filled the vacant coaching slot opened when defensive line coach Aaron Curry resigned.
Lambert is covering the defensive line.

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #61 on: September 19, 2017, 01:15:58 pm

Skalaski was already on "staff" as an analyst. He's just one of the 10 that can recruit now. Was his previous position replaced?

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #62 on: September 19, 2017, 02:04:03 pm

Skalaski was already on "staff" as an analyst. He's just one of the 10 that can recruit now. Was his previous position replaced?
I'm not sure we hired another analyst, but we're fully staffed where it counts the most.

Crusader

• Freshman
Reply #63 on: September 19, 2017, 02:55:03 pm

I'm not sure we hired another analyst, but we're fully staffed where it counts the most.

Have you watched the Niners offense?

But, in Mullen's defense, maybe he applied because he thought we wanted a Coordinator that is Offensive instead of a Coordinator to actually run an offense.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:56:49 pm by Crusader »

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #64 on: September 19, 2017, 02:59:02 pm

Have you watched the Niners offense?

But, in Mullen's defense, maybe he applied because he thought we wanted a Coordinator that is Offensive instead of a Coordinator to actually run an offense.
I'm just pointing out we have all 10 FT coaching spots filled. Carry on with the pitchforks gents.

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #65 on: September 19, 2017, 04:44:09 pm
Also, Washington is still here. So I think  we can lay that rumor to rest.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 07:00:39 pm
clt says Riley is gone.

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #67 on: September 19, 2017, 07:47:25 pm
I am still pissed about how we played.  I wish more were outside of this chatbox.  The longterm pattern of losing has been accepted it seems.  I cannot. 

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #68 on: September 19, 2017, 08:52:09 pm
We need to make a statement. It's not just whales and judy's fault. They don't care about attendance and donations, but guaranteed a few banners and signs will ruffle some feathers. ECU is getting all kinds of press. I saw a massive "fire compher" banner and their chancellor even made a statement about it. We need to do more than complain on a message board.
#bus1

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #69 on: September 20, 2017, 01:11:36 pm
We need to make a statement. It's not just whales and judy's fault. They don't care about attendance and donations, but guaranteed a few banners and signs will ruffle some feathers. ECU is getting all kinds of press. I saw a massive "fire compher" banner and their chancellor even made a statement about it. We need to do more than complain on a message board.

I'll bring a roll of fabric to Blue Lot on Saturday.

Time for some #BadFans arts and crafts.
DUCK FAVIDSON

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 02:41:30 pm
Hang a huge FIRE JUDY ROSE banner from the top of a parking deck

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 02:48:53 pm

I'll see if I can borrow my mom's grommet puncher. Just need something to hang it with.
DUCK FAVIDSON

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 03:05:58 pm

I'll see if I can borrow my mom's grommet puncher. Just need something to hang it with.

Zip ties on the rails would work. Weight the end that hangs a little so the wind doesn't screw up it

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #73 on: September 20, 2017, 03:44:05 pm

Zip ties on the rails would work. Weight the end that hangs a little so the wind doesn't screw up it

You know they read the board right?  I wouldnt be surprised if they post campus cops at the decks to make sure this doesnt happen. 
Mahna Mahna

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #74 on: September 20, 2017, 04:00:36 pm
I just don't understand.  How can we fall as far as we've fallen, and our peers rise the way they've risen, and anybody involved with the department feel good about things.

I would love to pick one of their brains and just have a very honest conversation.  I'm sure there's stuff we don't know about, and I know their jobs are hard.  In fact, they are really freaking hard, that's why in most places they are super competitive.  I just want to know what they think.  Lord if they would be more honest with us about things, we might be more forgiving.  Instead we get #stealthAD
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:03:55 pm by ImfromClayton »
#bus1

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos