Author Topic: my email to judy  (Read 3693 times)

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
on: September 17, 2017, 11:29:03 am
my email to judy: spare me the "judy doesn't care responses." everybody needs to email someone in charge.
As a long time Charlotte 49er fan, I am about fed up with the product that we are putting out there. Last night may have been the final straw for me, in terms of attending athletic events in charlotte, until there is a change. Brad Lambert is clearly in over his head. There is no sense of desperation from the athletic department, or from the coaching staff, to make any changes. The football team is 2-11 in our last 13 home games. That alone should warrant a change in the coaching staff. We had a large crowd last night and wasted it by losing to a fcs team. At what point is enough going to be enough? I could go on and on about my displeasure but rest assured, whatever loyal fans we have left, are leaving. Please make a change.

UnclePugsly

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 02:22:06 pm
Is it inappropriate for Niners fans to expect excellence, and see a commitment to excellence?

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 04:15:35 pm
It only takes 2 mottos to live as a Niner fan:
- Manage Expectations
- Let's Pull a Niner
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 05:51:34 pm
attending games is enabling. Donating is enabling.
#bus1

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 08:04:58 pm
attending games is enabling. Donating is enabling.
Student attendance will drop like a freakin rock, but they will not care because they are still collecting massive student fees whether they show up or not.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 05:26:06 am
What other statement can we make?

She obviously doesn't care about our donations. She obviously doesn't care if we show up or not. It's not like anybody here is going to boycott our sponsorships. At some point undying loyalty is not a good thing anymore.
#bus1

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 08:05:58 am
What other statement can we make?

She obviously doesn't care about our donations. She obviously doesn't care if we show up or not. It's not like anybody here is going to boycott our sponsorships. At some point undying loyalty is not a good thing anymore.

Show me someone with unconditional loyalty, and I'll show you someone being played for a rube. 

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 08:58:33 am
Do we have a list of AD members and their emails?

I will gladly spend half of my day at work contacting all of them

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 09:04:04 am

Yes let me work on that for you
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 09:09:56 am

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/staff.aspx

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #11 on: September 18, 2017, 09:11:21 am
^should maybe add some other local TV news outlets to that list

jfickett

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #13 on: September 18, 2017, 09:17:33 am
"Fans"

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #14 on: September 18, 2017, 09:21:47 am
I emailed the Board, and cc'd the entire AD so they could see what I was saying. 2 Days later there was a statement From the Desk of Judy Rose published, addressing several areas of my email. I received a response back from the Chairman of the Board, and CHP - but not the AD.

Agree with jfickett. Do not address to Judy. Address emails to her bosses, and let her see what was said.

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 09:42:58 am
BTW, when you email the BOT they in turn reach out to Dubois and Dubois doesn't like that.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 10:54:13 am
I emailed the Board, and cc'd the entire AD so they could see what I was saying. 2 Days later there was a statement From the Desk of Judy Rose published, addressing several areas of my email. I received a response back from the Chairman of the Board, and CHP - but not the AD.

Agree with jfickett. Do not address to Judy. Address emails to her bosses, and let her see what was said.

I'll be doing this this afternoon, if I'm able to mellow myself down a bit.

Right now, the only words I can muster are below decorum for a BOT email. I'll get there, though.
DUCK FAVIDSON

jfickett

Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 01:08:09 pm

NinerAdvocate

Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 01:14:55 pm
Mr. Fickett,

NinerAdvocate

Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 01:19:28 pm
May I just suggest that it is a LOT cheaper to fire an at will AD making half of what our coaches do, and let the replacement make new, clear cut evaluations of our coaches and set expectations than it is to fire a coach under contract. I also submit that it is the proper course of action in our situation. The entire ATHLETICS DEPARTMENT needs a detailed, comprehensive, and well communicated plan - a path to success, including stated expectations that all AD staff are actually held to.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:21:23 pm by NinerAdvocate »

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 01:37:15 pm
I don't think there are costs associated for terminating Judy, correct?  I think we saw she is an "at-will" employee.

donkeyjaws

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 01:37:44 pm
Way to go fickett. Well reasoned, tactful, thorough, direct, polite, and convincing.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 01:58:37 pm

You're wasting your time copying anyone at the Observer. I believe the last time I engaged them their response was "she brought football to the university, what more do you want?"

Pretty sure they are fans of our below average athletics program.

casstommy

• Head Coach
Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 02:00:45 pm

A summation of NNN in one act...

Dearest UNC-Charlotte Friend,

I hope this email finds you to be well.  It is great to be in such a business relationship with you and trust that you enjoy the same feelings.

It has come to my attention that you may enjoy winning various American football and basketball sporting events.  I too enjoy winning sports.  Please notice the great amounts of winning we currently enjoy in womens volleyball with more to come! 

I am seeking to arrange an avenue of transfer of funds to ensure our continued and mutually beneficial success.  Please arrange a Western Union money transfer in the amount of no less than 150.00 USD (One Hundred and Fifty United States of America Dollars) directly to your Honorable Judith Rose.  In exchange, you will continue to receive world class service and high levels of enjoyable sporting wins and fun. 

Please, I wish to arrange this exchange with little delay.  Contact our awards and valued customer department at jwrose@uncc.edu with your most immediate response. 

Remain blessed,

Honorable Judith Rose

NNN response:

Well I'm very disappointed with lots of things and have had JUST ABOUT ENOUGH MISTER!  You've got 1 more chance guys and then I'M OUT! I"M SUPER SERIOUS!  You better know that this is the LAST TIME you ever get any money from me.  See you on Saturday!  Go Niners!

AND SCENE

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 03:26:43 pm

A summation of NNN in one act...

Dearest UNC-Charlotte Friend,

I hope this email finds you to be well.  It is great to be in such a business relationship with you and trust that you enjoy the same feelings.

It has come to my attention that you may enjoy winning various American football and basketball sporting events.  I too enjoy winning sports.  Please notice the great amounts of winning we currently enjoy in womens volleyball with more to come! 

I am seeking to arrange an avenue of transfer of funds to ensure our continued and mutually beneficial success.  Please arrange a Western Union money transfer in the amount of no less than 150.00 USD (One Hundred and Fifty United States of America Dollars) directly to your Honorable Judith Rose.  In exchange, you will continue to receive world class service and high levels of enjoyable sporting wins and fun. 

Please, I wish to arrange this exchange with little delay.  Contact our awards and valued customer department at jwrose@uncc.edu with your most immediate response. 

Remain blessed,

Honorable Judith Rose

NNN response:

Well I'm very disappointed with lots of things and have had JUST ABOUT ENOUGH MISTER!  You've got 1 more chance guys and then I'M OUT! I"M SUPER SERIOUS!  You better know that this is the LAST TIME you ever get any money from me.  See you on Saturday!  Go Niners!

AND SCENE

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos