Author Topic: Georgia St Pre-Game  (Read 4461 times)

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 10:02:50 pm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom091917/bottom-10-tennessee-volunteers

Guess this should go here since we're both obviously on the list.

Also to not, 4 of the 10 are in C-USA.  Should be able to use that to recruit.

clt says that is crap. AT&T did not have more fans. That is absurd.

This kind of FAKE NEWS does not help, but if we had won the damn game, this damn lie would have not even been mentioned. They did NOT have more fans than us by any stretch of the imagination. What bullshit. 
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 10:17:58 pm
Georgia State was a 4pt favorite, now a pick'em.

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 11:54:23 pm
Tom Fornell of CBS Sports has the Niners and Georgia State among the bottom 25.

5 Charlotte
Charlotte 0-3: The 49ers lost to North Carolina A&T on Saturday, and I'm not sure I consider it an upset. (6)

4 Georgia State
Georgia State 0-2: Bruises will heal. That check from Penn State will clear. Georgia State now moves on to face Charlotte in our Bottom 25 Game of the Century of the Week. (3)
CBSSports.com: Bottom 25 college football rankings: The ACC is starting to take over this list

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 06:20:44 am
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom091917/bottom-10-tennessee-volunteers

This kind of FAKE NEWS does not help, but if we had won the damn game, this damn lie would have not even been mentioned. They did NOT have more fans than us by any stretch of the imagination. What bullshit.

clt says connect the dots. The author lives in Charlotte, but not attend the game. Do you think he read a little #fakenews piece by the observer earlier in the week?

This is another example of the observer hurting our school and athletics.

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #29 on: September 21, 2017, 07:32:35 am

clt says connect the dots. The author lives in Charlotte, but not attend the game. Do you think he read a little #fakenews piece by the observer earlier in the week?

Dude, I don't like the local rag but our athletic director and entire athletic department have done the damage. We're completely irrelevant. I mean, we can't even brand ourselves correctly. Nobody knows who we are.

Speaking of the actual game on Saturday, if they lose, they won't win a game the entire season. They'll go winless. That's the reality, not good enough.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #30 on: September 21, 2017, 08:16:09 am

Dude, I don't like the local rag but our athletic director and entire athletic department have done the damage. We're completely irrelevant. I mean, we can't even brand ourselves correctly. Nobody knows who we are.

Speaking of the actual game on Saturday, if they lose, they won't win a game the entire season. They'll go winless. That's the reality, not good enough.

Which is blacker?  The pot or the kettle?  They are both guilty.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #31 on: September 21, 2017, 08:44:26 am

THAT

IS

SATIRE
DUCK FAVIDSON

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #33 on: September 21, 2017, 10:51:20 am
Tennessee State ran the ball 42 times for 238 yards against GSU, averaging 5.7 per carry.  We better see a steady dose of Washington and Lemay out of the gate on Saturday.  I don't care if we only throw the ball 10 times all game.

NinerAdvocate

Reply #34 on: September 21, 2017, 11:33:36 am
We need electro shock reinforcement system for anytime Mullen tries to do anything other than running the ball down GSU's throats. I wanna see 40 carries minimum; preferably 50.

gsuncc

• Walk On
Reply #35 on: September 21, 2017, 11:37:34 am
http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/forumdisplay.php?8-The-Flight-Line

clt says no Charlotte thread at all. Badfans.

CLT needs to stay off Georgia Southern sites...

http://georgiastate.247sports.com/Board/Georgia-State-Panthers-Message-Board-Forum-59462

Two desperate teams, nothing to lose...this could be a fun game...either way...I'm conflicted....both need the Win!

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #36 on: September 21, 2017, 03:25:07 pm
Must must must win. Not sure I can go back to another home game. I have almost had enough...
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #37 on: September 21, 2017, 03:30:21 pm
If this makes me metro-esque, whatever.  I feel like losing saturday may be in the best interest of the program.

*ducks*

#bus1

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #38 on: September 21, 2017, 03:31:58 pm
If this makes me metro-esque, whatever.  I feel like losing saturday may be in the best interest of the program.

*ducks*
Is it though? Judy would still get to choose the new coach if you're hinting at going winless and Lambert getting canned.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 03:45:51 pm

*ducks*

We are starving for a home win. Our fans and students deserve something to be proud of even for one day. Lambert is not right fit for the job and our leadership should see that no matter if we end the season 0-12 or 2-10.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 03:56:41 pm

*ducks*

We are starving for a home win. Our fans and students deserve something to be proud of even for one day. Lambert is not right fit for the job and our leadership should see that no matter if we end the season 0-12 or 2-10.

Yes. But WANTING us to lose is just f***ing perverted. Go support another school if you're that messed up about this. Or, better, DO SOMETHING positive to make the changes that will make us a winner.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 05:18:17 pm

*ducks*

Yes. But WANTING us to lose is just f***ing perverted. Go support another school if you're that messed up about this. Or, better, DO SOMETHING positive to make the changes that will make us a winner.

Under normal circumstances I would never support a team losing. It's only happened one other time in my life. It only happens under the crazy incompetence of Judy Rose and it was with Alan Major.

Mod: Your poor spelling was killing me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:33:11 am by NLP »
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:29 pm
Nebraska fired their AD today because of poor results on the football field with the team losing so much.  I like the way they handle the situation, but our school will let Judy stay till she is 100yr.

I even had an App that Judy needs to retire along with the football coach.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #43 on: September 21, 2017, 06:33:05 pm

*ducks*

Under normal sercumstances I would never support a team loosing. It's only happened one other time in my life. It only happens under the crazy incompetence of Judy Rose and it was with Alan Major.

clt like this word: sercumstances

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #44 on: September 21, 2017, 06:48:07 pm

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #45 on: September 21, 2017, 07:07:23 pm
Nebraska fired their AD today because of poor results on the football field with the team losing so much.  I like the way they handle the situation, but our school will let Judy stay till she is 100yr.

Wow a school firing an AD due to lack of success on the field/court? What a concept!!!

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 08:40:01 pm
GSU's problems not only with team on the field but with the field itself!

WSBTV.com: Inspection uncovers serious safety problems at Georgia State Stadium

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #47 on: September 21, 2017, 09:22:50 pm

*ducks*

Under normal sercumstances I would never support a team loosing. It's only happened one other time in my life. It only happens under the crazy incompetence of Judy Rose and it was with Alan Major.

nailed it. Any other AD and its totally unacceptable. If Judy can defend Brad, and her decision making in the slightest, she will. We've got to be indefensible to get rid of anyone.  ive seen this movie before a few times on the hardwood.

Of course I don't actively root for Charlotte to be bad.  At that point I'd just stop watching. If we manage to win 3 or 4 games, we're looking at another year of Brad and I just don't want that anymore.
#bus1

Run49er

• Chancellor
Reply #48 on: September 21, 2017, 09:26:29 pm
Cyrus Smith at Underdog Dynasty picks Georgia State to win 27-14. Ouch!

Underdogdynasty.com: Choosing C-USA: Can UAB prove they are more than a good story against North Texas?

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #49 on: September 21, 2017, 09:38:02 pm

The Nebraska AD was Mediocre but I will give him credit in one area. When Pelini kept blowing important games against crucial opponents the husker fan base knew it was because of his staff. A staff that consisted of Penlini's buddies. And he never did anything to change it. Their AD finally told him to make a change if he wanted to keep his coaching job at Nebraska and he refused. And thats what finally got him canned. Meanwhile at charlotte we have the same situation here with Lambert and his staff. And so far there are no signs pressuring him to make changes.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos