Author Topic: clt starts the Marshall postgame chat page  (Read 2758 times)

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
on: October 07, 2017, 10:44:00 pm
Yep

It rained.

Game was played

Another game next week.

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 10:45:02 pm
This game doesn’t matter. Lambert is a loser. Death is upon us. Eat Arby’s.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

charlotteguy88

• Junior
Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:52:49 pm
Live look at coaches trying to win and our AD trying to run a football program:

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:53:05 pm
We are averaging 1 1/2 points a game at home against FBS this year.
How bad is Brooks to not get a shot, just to see?

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 10:55:29 pm
Lost in all the misery,  we seem to have a nice collection of young talented players on defense.  Something for a new staff to build on.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 11:05:19 pm
We didn't do as many stupid things as I expected today. That said, spearing an opposing quarterback after he slides is not excusable.
Hart's 58 yard punt out on the 2 was a thing of beauty. Judy wore pink. I saw a couple of Marshall fans dressed in dark green, so we aren't the only ones with more than one school color. I'd say they were dressed in our shade of green if I could remember what that would be.
We have a male in our crew of baton twirlers I noticed today, (not that there is anything wrong with that!)

Athlete of the week feature on the video board was a volleyball player. (Sparks) The Chancellor's box actually had OUR game on the TV!
The rain held off during the game. We lost.

49erMCD

• Walk On
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 11:18:07 pm
I must admit I was jealous of all the Marshall fans having something to cheer about. Defense looked okay. On a positive  note, I didn’t get a paper cut this week trying to tear out my parking pass.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 11:51:45 pm

We have a male in our crew of baton twirlers I noticed today,

Guys have no business twirling a baton and females have no business being Athletic Director.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 07:36:13 am
So...Adkins better than Mullen?

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 08:09:07 am
3rd down odds.
Less than 2 yards to gain - 30%
2-5 yards to gain - 15%
Over 5 yards to gain - Google odds of winning Powerball jackpot or just slightly above our home winning percentage against FBS opponents.

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 08:21:25 am
Defense = Good
Hart = Pretty good
Everything Else = Depressing

Really enjoyed having the ref telling us to turn off the music while the ball is in play.  #Division1AthleticProgram

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 08:31:58 am
Defense = Good
Hart = Pretty good
Everything Else = Depressing

Really enjoyed having the ref telling us to turn off the music while the ball is in play.  #Division1AthleticProgram

I enjoyed that and the Marshall fans tweets about our god awful sound system.
#bus1

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 08:50:51 am

Are you blind? Of course he is... last FBS game with Mullen we scored Zero points.. Adkins first FBS home game we scored 3...that a huge jump... by seasons end, I think we even score a touchdown at home... this dude is 🔥

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 09:04:25 am

Are you blind? Of course he is... last FBS game with Mullen we scored Zero points.. Adkins first FBS home game we scored 3...that a huge jump... by seasons end, I think we even score a touchdown at home... this dude is 🔥

Most of our program is inexcusable right now, but this horrible system is not Adkins fault. You can't change your entire scheme mid year.
#bus1

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 09:13:29 am

Most of our program is inexcusable right now, but this horrible system is not Adkins fault. You can't change your entire scheme mid year.

It’s 100%Brad Lambert’s fault. He has no eye for coaching talent, and apparently not a clue what good qb play looks like.... Mullen was a buffoon, I have no idea if Atkins is worth a crap because the tools at his disposal are limited... I will say the 2nd half last week had that same “incapable of making adjustments” feel that 4 plus years of Jeff Mullen football had. This week we were just ineffectual the entire game. I think this is a case of asking a guy to do more than he’s capable of.  Much like how we treat the qb position

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 09:14:56 am
Yesterday was really good.  Felt like the grill game HotRod delivered was really strong.  The kabobs that included shrimp were grillled to perfection with great seasoning. 

Felt like the rain gave the tailgate crew some challenges but I'm proud how our guys muscled through and really stayed focused.

Also want to compliment the NormBus crew who left the new black lot to come join us.  Was really good to get that kind of play from the bench.  Sounds like they will relocate to blue lot next home game, so might have to look at the starting lineups and make some adjustments.

MVP of the tailgate was clearly Jarvis Lang.  While he got in the tailgate late, he sure made a statement.  Doing Jarvis Lang shots with Jarvis Lang was a thing of beauty.  He plans on working on his condition so he can really last longer at the UAB tailgate. 

All in all felt like we really nailed it this week.  Some Marshal fans came by and were really impressed.

Oh the actually game?  I literally watched maybe 10 minutes.  All I can say is I was surprised we kept it close.  We have no balls - down in the 4th and under 8 mins and we are punting and kicking field goals.  You aren't going to win if you are to scared to go do what it takes to win.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:19:22 am by NinerWupAss »
Mahna Mahna

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 09:50:15 am

It’s 100%Brad Lambert’s fault. He has no eye for coaching talent, and apparently not a clue what good qb play looks like.... Mullen was a buffoon, I have no idea if Atkins is worth a crap because the tools at his disposal are limited... I will say the 2nd half last week had that same “incapable of making adjustments” feel that 4 plus years of Jeff Mullen football had. This week we were just ineffectual the entire game. I think this is a case of asking a guy to do more than he’s capable of.  Much like how we treat the qb position

Agree 100%.  I hope we aren't working with these guys in the future, we need a fresh start.  I was merely saying that if for some reason Brad is able to keep his job, we won't have learned much about adkins.  In fact I'd be stunned if we aren't running a totally revamped offense next year, regardless of who is at the helm.  I do think he's (adkins) a better situational playcaller, and he's much more realistic about what our guys can do.  Unfortunately, we can't do much. 
#bus1

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 10:26:58 am

We have a male in our crew of baton twirlers I noticed today,

Guys have no business twirling a baton and females have no business being Athletic Director.
  ;D

49erCC

• Sophomore
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 12:26:49 pm
Seriously, does anyone know why Barden is not at least given a few series to see if he could spark the offense even a little.   At home we are averaging 1 1/2 pts a game, what could it hurt.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 12:38:19 pm

Agree 100%.  I hope we aren't working with these guys in the future, we need a fresh start.  I was merely saying that if for some reason Brad is able to keep his job, we won't have learned much about adkins.  In fact I'd be stunned if we aren't running a totally revamped offense next year, regardless of who is at the helm.  I do think he's (adkins) a better situational playcaller, and he's much more realistic about what our guys can do.  Unfortunately, we can't do much.

Agreed. think Adkins at least understands the limitations of the offense. Mullen called plays like we had Clemson’s offensive talent. Play the way your skill set dictates.. we should be run heavy with short play action passing- limit the vertical and eliminate the long cross field throws..   

mightymitchfan

• Junior
Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 12:50:17 pm
Seriously, does anyone know why Barden is not at least given a few series to see if he could spark the offense even a little.   At home we are averaging 1 1/2 pts a game, what could it hurt.

I’ve been wondering most of the season. If Klugh has regressed this bad and Barden can’t get on the field I’m not entirely sure what Mullen has been working with them on for three+ years.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:58:09 pm by mightymitchfan »

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 03:34:17 pm
Was looking through some of the threads, may have missed it, but didn't see anything about the banner. Did it happen? Are there any pics?

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #22 on: October 08, 2017, 03:37:37 pm
Guy said pilot called and told him couldn't fly in that weather. Hoping for another game later this year. Some claim he is a troll while others believe him.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 07:39:16 pm
clt says we declined Riley to keep barden.

Charlotte2002

• MemberPF
  • Head Coach
Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 08:18:04 am
Guy said pilot called and told him couldn't fly in that weather. Hoping for another game later this year. Some claim he is a troll while others believe him.

Guy probably works for the AD's office.
Press 'til you lose!

- Me in AC

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos