Author Topic: REVISED: '17-'18 Basketball Wins Over/Under: 16.5  (Read 2161 times)

cibik02

• Head Coach
on: October 10, 2017, 09:01:42 pm
REVISED: '17-'18 Basketball Wins Over/Under: 16.5 (out of 28 regular season games)

"If you had to bet your annual salary"

Yes we all hope and wish for 28 games. And Yes, I understand I only increased it one game but after thinking about it, some of y'all are just nuts. Could we win 17+, possibly... maybe... But I wouldn't bet money on it.

To simply things for some of you Niner fans, are we more likely to be 16-12 or 17-11?

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:24 pm
19 wins.  Why not us.

(One of them is against a Div III team and does not really count, so 18.  Still over.)
#unc-CHeatingPays

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:18:16 pm
22 wins, and the logic is simple.  After this football season, I'm ready to at least be respectable at something again.  Soccer is not great this year.  The hope of a decent basketball season gives me something to look forward to, at least for a few more weeks.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

NinerAdvocate

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 10:22:32 pm
We fall for optimism every year only to watch it blow up in our faces, like the USMNT shitting the bed tonight in legendary fashion.

Enough of that crap. Under. Way way under. f*** optimism and f*** fandom.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 10:41:02 pm
REVISED: '17-'18 Basketball Wins Over/Under: 16.5 (out of 28 regular season games)

Yes we all hope and wish for 28 games. And Yes, I understand I only increased it one game but after thinking about it, some of y'all are just nuts. Could we win 17+, possibly... maybe... But I wouldn't bet money on it.

To simply things for some of you Niner fans, are we more likely to be 16-12 or 17-11?

clt is unemployed. This is easy, over.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 11:20:49 pm
We fall for optimism every year only to watch it blow up in our faces, like the USMNT shitting the bed tonight in legendary fashion.

Enough of that crap. Under. Way way under. f*** optimism and f*** fandom.

D.O.B.A.

With very few and rare exceptions....being a Niner fan is ALL about falling short of expectations....shitting the bed..."Pulling a Niner."

Always bet the Under for the Niners...Always.

You just can't argue decades of supporting data.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

NinerAdvocate

Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 09:04:48 am
This team needs to show they can play defense before I'll take them seriously. That's been a big problem for years. There are a lot of new, bigger players. I guess it's possible, but I was in a toxic mood last night after the USMNT loss. So tired of being disappointed. If these guys don't defend & rebound, then JD is just Pulisic, for all the good that does us.

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 10:58:28 am
Every season I get the bitter taste in my mouth around January, about this program.
Every August I get the passion and hope back !
All true Niner basketball fans will continue to drink the Kool Aid every fall !
I hold out all hope that this year it has sweetener in it !

GO NINERS !!!

CivilNiner

• Walk On
Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 05:12:48 pm
Not sure where all the optimism is coming from. Price has not impressed me as a college head coach to this point. I am more optimistic than Iever have been since price took over, but still need to see a better team until I trust him to bet the over.

Would love to be wrong. I think we have the most complete roster with the best player that weve had for a while. The chances are there with the piss poor conference we're in too.

BusterC417

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 06:12:45 pm
Not sure where all the optimism is coming from. Price has not impressed me as a college head coach to this point. I am more optimistic than Iever have been since price took over, but still need to see a better team until I trust him to bet the over.

Would love to be wrong. I think we have the most complete roster with the best player that weve had for a while. The chances are there with the piss poor conference we're in too.

I am with you. I just don't see any of the bigs we have doing much. We seem to hype ourselves up each year, only to be let down. JD is the only solid player we have. I wish I could say I saw the over, but I just don't. I have not been impressed with Price at all. Loved him as a player, but he hasn't cut it coaching or recruiting so far. We are a dumpster fire.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 07:36:05 pm

.  Price will surprise you then.

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 07:37:07 pm

I am with you. I just don't see any of the bigs we have doing much. We seem to hype ourselves up each year, only to be let down. JD is the only solid player we have. I wish I could say I saw the over, but I just don't. I have not been impressed with Price at all. Loved him as a player, but he hasn't cut it coaching or recruiting so far. We are a dumpster fire.
.   You are wrong about Price as well.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 07:49:05 pm
919 is back! Welcome my friend.

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:47 pm
We were a dumpster fire when Price got here.  Now we have Davis Ajukwa White ,big men and a x and os coach onthe bench along with a good recruiter.
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 08:51:25 pm
We were a dumpster fire when Price got here.  Now we have Davis Ajukwa White ,big men and a x and os coach onthe bench along with a good recruiter.
We also won more games that dumpster fire season than last year. I think the pessimism is understandable.

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 10:21:24 pm
It might've had something to do with striking gold on Uchebo for one year vs Vanhook last year guarding the C.
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 08:10:19 am

Never left.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 08:17:48 am

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 10:18:16 am

Never left.
Your bright outlook did.

Nah, I just haven't posted much lately. This place is generally too over-the-top doom and gloom for me.

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 11:24:58 am
On that note......anyone know whats happened to Tim Collie ?
Sure miss his takes on Judy !

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 12:09:07 pm

By the same token would you feel comfortable betting your salary they WON'T win 17? That's the nature of this type of bet. you risk it all either way.

Hell, 8 out 10 are are great odds.. but would you go outside if you knew you had a 20% chance of getting struck by lightning?

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 12:45:10 pm
On that note......anyone know whats happened to Tim Collie ?
Sure miss his takes on Judy !
Please don't say his name three times, he might show up.  There is an enormous difference between Tim's irrational hate, and what I believe many on this board feel, which I hope is (mostly) rational disappointment in the state of our program.  Tim's rants indicate that he wants Judy gone not because he believes it will make us better, but because he hates her.  Apparently she doesn't adequately appreciate who he is.  If we won the National Championship he would still want her fired.  Being right for all the wrong reasons is not the same as being right.
#unc-CHeatingPays

ninerJ

• Walk On
Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 02:35:57 pm
He was consistent...gotta give him that.
He at least always let us know who he was and didn't hide behind handles or code names !
He owned it...right or wrong !

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 02:46:13 pm

By the same token would you feel comfortable betting your salary they WON'T win 17? That's the nature of this type of bet. you risk it all either way.

Hell, 8 out 10 are are great odds.. but would you go outside if you knew you had a 20% chance of getting struck by lightning?

If I had to bet my annual salary, I bet the UNDER.

Feeling comfortable isn't part of the equation. It's either or. It's my hypothetical and I said you had to bet your annual salary. I would feel comfortable betting annual salary that we win more than 0 and we win less than 28.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:48:45 pm by cibik02 »

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 03:31:20 pm
He was consistent...gotta give him that.
He at least always let us know who he was and didn't hide behind handles or code names !
He owned it...right or wrong !
Actually Tim may hold the record for most accounts on this site.  He was always getting banned, and then coming back under another name.  If you like him, and he is your kind of guy, then that is fine.  I am not here to tell you who to value.  I just think he is toxic and always will be.
#unc-CHeatingPays

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos