Author Topic: clt says this is problematic for the band  (Read 2313 times)

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
on: November 12, 2017, 11:24:14 am
clt says it is being reported that a band member kneeled during the national anthem yesterday.

Reverend

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:40:41 pm
I didn't notice it yesterday but I have seen as many as 2 or 3 do it before. They need to be thrown off the band, out of school and out of the country.  >:D

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 12:48:37 pm
I didn't notice it yesterday but I have seen as many as 2 or 3 do it before. They need to be thrown off the band, out of school and out of the country.  >:D

Agreed. 
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 12:50:04 pm
This thread will be kicked to politics in 5, 4, 3, 2....

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 01:07:39 pm
Embarrassing. They can kneel on their own time when they aren't representing the School. Them and their friends can meet up in their dorm room, play the national anthem and kneel together all night long.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 01:27:39 pm
If they want to kneel fine - but no way those individuals should travel to Normandy.
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 01:55:01 pm
Our whole team took a knee.

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 02:01:56 pm
Protest the police while the University area is becoming one of the worst areas in Charlotte.  They should be protesting the lack of police.   :))

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 05:33:52 pm
Protest the police while the University area is becoming one of the worst areas in Charlotte.  They should be protesting the lack of police.   :))

Logic is not allowed while discussing this subject.

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 06:33:39 pm
clt says yesterday was not the correct day for that.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 07:44:22 pm
Yes, beyond poor to do that on Military Appreciation Day.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:27:27 pm by 4ever niner »

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 09:20:42 pm
I don't know which is worse.  Disrespecting the flag on Military Appreciation Day or showing support and encouragement for those that disrespect the flag.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:44:06 pm by 49r9r »

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 11:54:09 pm
Fire the Band Director if they're allowed to go to Normandy.
Fire Rose & lambert if they're ever allowed on the FB Field again.  Fire Rose & Price if they're allowed at the B-ball games.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 06:55:36 am
I didn't realize what you all were talking about with respect to Normandy until I searched online to see that our band was the only one selected in the US to play during the 2018 June ceremonies there.

It would be the utmost disgrace to have those kneeling go and play in a place where so many Americans gave their lives.   >:D

Some may say that they gave their lives so those who wanted to kneel could do so, and I say BS.  They didn't die for the politically correct BS that is going on today.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 07:53:12 am
The most disrespectful thing on Saturday was our football performance. Who cares about the band.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012
Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 09:57:21 am
I didn't realize what you all were talking about with respect to Normandy until I searched online to see that our band was the only one selected in the US to play during the 2018 June ceremonies there.

It would be the utmost disgrace to have those kneeling go and play in a place where so many Americans gave their lives.   >:D

Some may say that they gave their lives so those who wanted to kneel could do so, and I say BS.  They didn't die for the politically correct BS that is going on today.

boo hoo hoo those bad bad bandmembers are kneeling and I'm upset about it political correctness is evil.
DUCK FAVIDSON

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #17 on: November 13, 2017, 10:49:11 am
I don't really care if they kneel or don't kneel - I think it's stupid, but if thats what they want to do so be it. 

With that said, I don't think anyone kneeling should be eligible for the trip to France.  Actions have consequences.  If you feel the need to kneel for the anthem here so be it, but no way would I take you over seas and risk you kneeling there.
Mahna Mahna

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 10:54:49 am

boo hoo hoo those bad bad bandmembers are kneeling and I'm upset about it political correctness is evil.

:))  I guess I am just old fashioned.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #19 on: November 13, 2017, 12:15:14 pm
I don't really care if they kneel or don't kneel - I think it's stupid, but if thats what they want to do so be it. 

With that said, I don't think anyone kneeling should be eligible for the trip to France.  Actions have consequences.  If you feel the need to kneel for the anthem here so be it, but no way would I take you over seas and risk you kneeling there.
Seems reasonable.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #20 on: November 13, 2017, 01:52:46 pm
I guess Lew is new fashioned. 
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #21 on: November 13, 2017, 03:18:39 pm
You know why this is problematic for the band?  Because they have asked me for money to help fund them, and to help pay for the trip to Normandy.  I do not rank their protest as one of the big problems in the world, and if the band leaders are okay with it I will not fight them, but I also will not stroke a check.  They have their way of protesting, and I have mine.
#unc-CHeatingPays

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 03:41:26 pm
You know why this is problematic for the band?  Because they have asked me for money to help fund them, and to help pay for the trip to Normandy.  I do not rank their protest as one of the big problems in the world, and if the band leaders are okay with it I will not fight them, but I also will not stroke a check.  They have their way of protesting, and I have mine.
You were planning on giving to the band?

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 03:49:13 pm

Now if we could get our large donors to use this same process to protest Judy's leadership we might be onto something.
Mahna Mahna

Alumni93

• Walk On
Reply #24 on: November 14, 2017, 11:31:33 pm
Yes there was one band member that kneeled.  Right after the announcer talked about it being military appreciation Day.  There were several veterans in my section who were greatly offended and I know several have contacted the school.  This same member has kneeled all year.  I was told by one person that the school has said its his first amendment and they wouldn't do anything about it.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos