Author Topic: Staff members not around next year?  (Read 1901 times)

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 09:06:32 pm
If Lambert is relieved of his duties and Judy stays on:

I don't want Judy making the decision.
I don't want Phil making the decision.
I want a search committee hired and we go with their choice.
My only criteria for the search committee is it can't be an agency that has a conflict of interest with who they recommend (e.g. the search firm that said for Pittsburgh to hire Kevin Stallings).
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 06:27:56 am

My only criteria for the search committee is it can't be an agency that has a conflict of interest with who they recommend (e.g. the search firm that said for Pittsburgh to hire Kevin Stallings).

In addition, I do not want any member of the search firm with ANY ties to App or Chapel Cheat.

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 06:48:58 am
Judy on the radio last night.

"I would say there is a 10% chance that Brad is removed at the end of the season.  While we do hear from a small group of fans that he should be replaced, they do not understand what is involved in building a program.  Brad has done a great job for us so far and we look to continue down the road of building this program the right way."

Ninercentral

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 06:59:12 am

"I would say there is a 10% chance that Brad is removed at the end of the season.  While we do hear from a small group of fans that he should be replaced, they do not understand what is involved in building a program.  Brad has done a great job for us so far and we look to continue down the road of building this program the right way."

Please tell me this is a joke. It feels like a joke. It has to be, right?

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 07:17:59 am

Judy is stubborn enough to keep Brad out of spite.  Plus, the effort required to find a new coach will cut into her time with her WBB team.

She needs to go.  Get rid of her and everything else may take care of itself.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

BigTymers99

• Walk On
Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 07:19:39 am

This better be a joke...

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 07:29:32 am
 I’m guessing this is a joke because she wouldn’t have said “10% chance”. As an AD, you either have to express absolute support when keeping someone around.

The “small group of fans who don’t get it” was a nice touch though.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 07:32:21 am

This can't be real.  She really is doing this to spite us.  This is so far removed from reality I don't even know what to say about it. 
#bus1

ghostofclt

• Sophomore
Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 07:48:35 am
clt adds that most people don’t realize how good MTSU is.

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 07:56:17 am
How can she even comment on a personnel matter

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 08:25:16 am

Dude, please either confirm you are kidding or tell us the radio station.
#bus1

goniners2016

• Walk On
Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 08:29:27 am

This has to be a joke. For one, when does she ever willingly take an interview especially when things are bad because of the risk of being asked the “tough” questions? And secondly, I feel like athletics would at least tweet “catch Judy on 730 at so-and-so time” and we’d all know about it. That didn’t happen either. What’s sad about all of this, though, is that I can still picture her saying that.
Manage your expectations.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 08:31:13 am
This can't be real. I emailed my concerns to Gerry V a while back and he explicitly told me he couldn't talk about some of it.

Our ad doesn't take questions like that much less answer them.
#bus1

Ninerfan2012

• Freshman
Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 11:16:28 am
I’m guessing this is a joke because she wouldn’t have said “10% chance”. As an AD, you either have to express absolute support when keeping someone around.

The “small group of fans who don’t get it” was a nice touch though.

The fact that I don't know if this is a joke or real really shows how bad Judy is.

NinerPickAx

• Walk On
Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 11:53:04 am
Mullins - Gone
Adkins - Leaves for another job or Retained
Richardson - Retained
Durning - Gone
Gary - Moved to Running Backs or Gone
Henry - Moved to Secondary or Retained at RB
Adams - Leaves for another job
Wallerstedt - Retained
Edmonds - Leaves for another job or Retained
Skalaski - Gone
Lambert - Retained

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 12:07:20 pm
This can't be real. I emailed my concerns to Gerry V a while back and he explicitly told me he couldn't talk about some of it.

Our ad doesn't take questions like that much less answer them.

Okay PLEASE EXPLAIN what V-man meant by this...is he her old boyfriend from college or something?

Submarley734

• Senior
Reply #41 on: November 15, 2017, 12:37:31 pm

THIS!! The fact that our own AD can't be trusted to do the main part of her job (i.e. hiring a coach), and she had to use a search firm to hire Price (once again, not doing her job) is beyond comprehension. This is a big f***ing joke. So because of her incompetence, we have to spend more money, while she is still earning her overpriced salary, to hire someone to do her job? In that case, let's just not have an Athletic Director. Put the money towards hiring firms and scholarships for students.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #42 on: November 15, 2017, 12:54:08 pm

THIS!! The fact that our own AD can't be trusted to do the main part of her job (i.e. hiring a coach), and she had to use a search firm to hire Price (once again, not doing her job) is beyond comprehension. This is a big f***ing joke. So because of her incompetence, we have to spend more money, while she is still earning her overpriced salary, to hire someone to do her job? In that case, let's just not have an Athletic Director. Put the money towards hiring firms and scholarships for students.

I think a new coach might buy some time and drum up a little interest.  I mean, we really can't get much worse no matter who she screws up and hires. 
With the exception of 2014 and a five game stretch in 2016, we have been painful and boring to watch.  I'll take 62-56 double OT losses over 14-3 where we really don't come close to scoring a touchdown.  We have a terrible product right now and I really don't think it could get worse no matter wh o is hired.
FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 12:55:55 pm

She didn't use a search firm to hire Price.

Niner17

• Walk On
Reply #44 on: November 15, 2017, 01:11:17 pm

Dude, please either confirm you are kidding or tell us the radio station.

Please??

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #45 on: November 15, 2017, 02:02:36 pm
If anyone who has even attended an Offensive meeting during the 2017 season isn't fired, we are hopeless.

Some offensive stats through 10 games:
  • Passing Yards per game: #119 out of 129
  • Passing Efficiency: #127 out of 129
  • Scoring Offense: 127 out of 129
  • Total Offense: 122 out of 129
  • 1st Downs: #127 out of 129
  • 3rd Down Conversion%: #129 out of 129
A few other interesting ones
  • Turnover Margin: 120 out of 129
  • Penalties: #100 out of 129
  • Penalty YPG: #114 out of 129

Arthur Hart!
  • Punt Return Defense (ave return yards) : #26 out of 129
  • Total # Punts #126 out of 129
  • Net punting (Individual) #40 overall

Defense is #96 overall, which is actually not bad considering how much they are on the field.  Wallerstadt probably deserves a raise considering this was the unit we were worried about.

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #46 on: November 15, 2017, 02:05:56 pm
She didn't use a search firm to hire Price.

Price was brought to her and pushed by a whale.

ImfromClayton

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #47 on: November 15, 2017, 02:12:58 pm
If anyone who has even attended an Offensive meeting during the 2017 season isn't fired, we are hopeless.

A few other interesting ones
  • Turnover Margin: 120 out of 129
  • Penalties: #100 out of 129
  • Penalty YPG: #114 out of 129

Arthur Hart!
  • Punt Return Defense (ave return yards) : #26 out of 129
  • Total # Punts #126 out of 129
  • Net punting (Individual) #40 overall

Defense is #96 overall, which is actually not bad considering how much they are on the field.  Wallerstadt probably deserves a raise considering this was the unit we were worried about.

This can't be overstated.  It's impossible to evaluate our defense effectively with this offense we attempt to run.  That's why advanced analytics are harder to use in football.  I actually think our defense is a VERY good CUSA defense. 

Just like the panthers. Their defense is incredible, but when the offense scores as much as they did on monday night, the defense is naturally going to give up more points regardless of how good they are.  Statistically the greatest defenses of all time almost all had anemic offenses (Bears, Ravens, Grits Blitz Falcons)
#bus1

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #48 on: November 15, 2017, 02:41:42 pm

Anybody that wanted sign ideas...here you go!!!!!!

Simply add #firejudy or #firelambert...or both!!
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

Dowless

• Walk On
Reply #49 on: November 15, 2017, 02:44:50 pm
All, believe what you wish.  Lambert isn't going anywhere.  The radio thing was made up for a laugh  :)), but I know and you guys know the truth.  The fact that you even thought it may be true shows.  This is not a results driven AD.  It is all about how she looks to her people.  And when I say her people I don't mean those of us on this board.  It is the old fashioned southern way.

For example, my mother never asked if I ever had my homework done.  One day the teacher called and complained about it.  I got a big time whoopin from my mother.  Now did my mother whip me because I didn't do my homework or did she whip me because she was embarrassed when the teacher called home. 

It is the same thing here.  Lambert will not suffer any consequences for his performance until Judy gets the embarrassing call.  That call comes from her whales.  Once you understand the old ways you will know Lambert is here for a while longer.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos