Author Topic: If you want Football at Charlotte READ THIS!!!  (Read 169169 times)

HP49er

• Chancellor
Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 04:21:03 pm
Quote from: survivor45;168210
There are 3 teams that are in the A-10 for football and basketball:  UMass, Rhode Island, and Richmond (Richmond could be a nice rivalry).

UMass (7-4, 2005) and Richmond (9-4, 2005) have been traditionally pretty good in I-AA football circles.  URI never has been good.  The Atlantic 10 was rated at the number nine conference overall in the final 2004 Sagarin ratings, ahead of every I-AA league as well as Conference USA and the Sun Belt and Mid-American conferences.

Link: Atlantic 10 football history
WDKWWDK

survivor45

• Assistant Coach
Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 04:35:54 pm
Quote from: HP49er;168219
UMass (7-4, 2005) and Richmond (9-4, 2005) have been traditionally pretty good in I-AA football circles. URI never has been good. The Atlantic 10 was rated at the number nine conference overall in the final 2004 Sagarin ratings, ahead of every I-AA league as well as Conference USA and the Sun Belt and Mid-American conferences.

Link: Atlantic 10 football history

xxx

Reason for edit: I am a dumbass

HP49er

• Chancellor
Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 04:39:00 pm
Quote from: survivor45;168220
I noticed Brian Westbrook of the Eagles was one of the players drafted out of the non-scholarship A-10.

Nothing was said that the conference was non-scholarship.
WDKWWDK

survivor45

• Assistant Coach
Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 04:43:30 pm
Quote from: HP49er;168221
Nothing was said that the conference was non-scholarship.

I guess I'm as lost as usual.  :unhappy:

I thought IA meant scholarship, IAA meant non-scholarship and IAAA meant no team.  It sounds like I'm wrong.

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 04:51:14 pm
Ok in 4 hours we have the following:

14 people signed up

$7,050 in initial donations

$2450 in yearly donations

45 Season tickets sold

So basically this all starts with us and here is my proposal: I am going to start a list of Football supporters and contributors. I will compile this list until I have 1000 names and then I will submit it to the administration. This is what I need from all of you:

1. PM or email me your Name and contact info, year of graduation, How much money would you contribute to the initial start up, How much would you give yearly and would you buy season tickets.

2. I need each of you to reach beyond this message board and give me a list of at list 5 people you graduated or attend school with the info I asked for in #1.

We have about 200 active posters here who are hard core 49er fans, if all of us reach out and get 5 people to comit to this we have our 1000 people.

Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

This will allow us and the administration to see how serious we are about football. If no one signs up then we know this will probably never happen in our lifetime, but if we really want this as much as we say this will go a long way to proving it and actually doing something to make it happen.

Time for all of us to put our money where our mouth is. I think the website is a great idea and this can go hand in hand with it (weekly update of pledges and so forth) but I really think this is the only way to find out how serious we are.

I look forward to you response and I can be emailed at jimmyhat32@yahoo.com
If your not a 49er club member, NOW is the time to join.

HP49er

• Chancellor
Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 04:55:55 pm
Quote from: survivor45;168222
I thought IA meant scholarship, IAA meant non-scholarship and IAAA meant no team.

Division III - no scholarships
Division II - 35 scholarships
Division I-AA - 65 scholarships
Division I-A - 85 scholarships
WDKWWDK

KTown49er

• Junior
    • http://
Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 06:27:56 pm
Quote from: Jimmyhat49er;168224
Ok in 4 hours we have the following:

14 people signed up

$7,050 in initial donations

$2450 in yearly donations

45 Season tickets sold

...Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

This will allow us and the administration to see how serious we are about football. If no one signs up then we know this will probably never happen in our lifetime, but if we really want this as much as we say this will go a long way to proving it and actually doing something to make it happen.

Time for all of us to put our money where our mouth is. I think the website is a great idea and this can go hand in hand with it (weekly update of pledges and so forth) but I really think this is the only way to find out how serious we are.

Jimmy, this is EXACTLY the type of information that we need to collect and post on the web site.  The web site will be easy to publicize to the masses and will be easy for them to find and add their information to it as well.

Coordinate with the guys doing the site and make sure the information you gather gets to them and on the site.

By the way, expect an e-mailed Truth Revolution Press Release that will detail expected contributions from CEO KTown in regards to the Football Initiative.

Also, The Truth Revolution encourages all those passionate Football fans and anyone interested in seeing this thru and all Truth Revolutionites to......PUT UP OR SHUT UP.....Right Now!!

Let's fry this tater to a crisp!!
and..........QUE OUR SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Click the Following Links for Updated TR News:

KTown Introduces KSU to the Truth Revolution
KTown Introduces Our Own Ma Beasley to the Truth Revolution
KTown Introduces David Poole to the Truth Revolution

Copyright 2006
Truth Revolution Enterprises, LLC
Quote from: 49erFan1
Truth Revolution smacked down the Wildcat board with a fury neverbeforth seen.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 07:01:45 pm
We could start at non-scholarship 1-aa in the Patriot w/ Davidson.  Then work our way up to the Big South, & then scholarship 1-aa SoCon.
Then we could go to 1-a C-Usa or Mac.
I'd donate to start-up.  Whether I get season tickets depends on if it's on TV.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Over40NINER

• Athletic Director
Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 07:30:26 pm
Quote from: stonecoldken;168239
We could start at non-scholarship 1-aa in the Patriot w/ Davidson.  Then work our way up to the Big South, & then scholarship 1-aa SoCon.
Then we could go to 1-a C-Usa or Mac.
I'd donate to start-up.  Whether I get season tickets depends on if it's on TV.

1AA is 65 scholarships.
1A is 85 scholarships.

Go ahead and plan on buying season tickets because I doubt we have any games on TV at first.

Also very important.... We may not be able to just snap our fingers and jump to whatever conference we think it's time to be in.  CUSA may not let us in unless we also join for basketball, if then.  Those trivial details can be worked out though.  It will be interesting to see how the administration responds to this.
This post was sponsored by Over40NINER......... the NNN 2009 POY.

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 08:28:44 pm
BUMP, please PM jimmyhat 45 season tickets is a joke we are making our athletic administration actually look smart
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

Over40NINER

• Athletic Director
Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 08:48:51 pm
I claim rights to the first football based Observer bashing thread.

:smile: :smile: :smile:
This post was sponsored by Over40NINER......... the NNN 2009 POY.

49or bust

• MemberPF
  • Athletic Director
    • Name Confusion Log
Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 09:42:55 pm
Quote from: ninerID;168251
BUMP, please PM jimmyhat 45 season tickets is a joke we are making our athletic administration actually look smart

What are you talking about? He has "sold" 45 season tickets to a team that doesnt even exist on a board that has like 200-300 regular posters. This is even the first or second day this has been going on. And you are calling that a joke? First of all, thats damn impressive if you ask me. The team doesnt even exist. You go and try to sell tickets for something that doesnt even exist and may not be around for many years and see how you do. Im not trying to be offensive but this is exactly the kind of attitude that has gotten us what we have now: NO football team. If everyone says it can't be done or scoffs at people's efforts then it will never happen. If you've got nothing constructive to say then please refrain from making comments. They really are a detriment to the effort. The more positive talk that goes around, the more people will believe that it is possible and the more support the effort will have.

I'm sorry if I'm seeming harsh but this is my main point of anger with the "Niner Nation." To many of our citizens are pesimistic and nay sayers and all that jazz. Just believe. Will you all please, for once, believe that anything positive for this school is possible and even probable?? As I have said in the past, if no one has any hope, then we have no hope.

Yup I think I'm going to have to break it out. This seems to deserve it. Oh yea, its the really really angry face: :ticked:

Say NO MORE to our slave name!

"But so many people are so condescending to all things 49ers. Hope Charlotte sticks it to 'em." - Tom Sorensen

KTown49er

• Junior
    • http://
Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 10:53:15 pm
Quote from: ninerID;168251

Well, there are only 300 people on this board....maybe 150 that post regularly, so don't expect 1500 Commitments.

That's why we need the website....to reach the masses.

If that doesn't work in getting a lot more significant committments, however, we will look as apathetic as we are perceived.
Please Click the Following Links for Updated TR News:

KTown Introduces KSU to the Truth Revolution
KTown Introduces Our Own Ma Beasley to the Truth Revolution
KTown Introduces David Poole to the Truth Revolution

Copyright 2006
Truth Revolution Enterprises, LLC
Quote from: 49erFan1
Truth Revolution smacked down the Wildcat board with a fury neverbeforth seen.

C49er

• Senior
    • http://www.Charlotte49erFootball.com
Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 11:02:45 pm
Quote from: KTown49er;168277
Well, there are only 300 people on this board....maybe 150 that post regularly, so don't expect 1500 Commitments.

If that doesn't work in getting a lot more significant committments, however, we will look as apathetic as we are perceived.

I know people that won't likely buy season tickets, but they would come to some games.  I would bring everybody I know.

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 11:10:09 pm
Quote from: KTown49er;168277

That is why we need those 300 or 150 to each bring 5 or more people aboard, we need to turn this into shampoo commercial.  This is not going to happen in a day, this is a one year process at least and it starts with everyone lettting every Niner you know what we are doing and getting them involved.  If you or anyone you know wants a football team they need to be on the list.  This is the only way to make football happen.  If people don't participate, we will continue in the same cycle of blame we have been in for the last 30 years.  It's time to honor Bonnie Cone and clear her good name.  The best way to do that is to finally bring football to Charlotte.

HP49er

• Chancellor
Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 11:51:40 pm
Quote from: Jimmyhat49er;168281
It's time to honor Bonnie Cone and clear her good name.

Can the original season ticket holders be called the Coneheads?
WDKWWDK

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 11:55:05 pm
Quote from: HP49er;168285
Can the original season ticket holders be called the Coneheads?

I think that would be fitting.

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 10:10:27 am
After less than 24 hours, here's where we stand:

24 people signed up

$15,050 in initial donations

$7950 in yearly donations

59 Season tickets sold

So basically this all starts with us and here is my proposal: I am going to start a list of Football supporters and contributors. I will compile this list until I have 1000 names and then I will submit it to the administration. This is what I need from all of you:

1. PM or email me your Name and contact info, year of graduation, How much money would you contribute to the initial start up, How much would you give yearly and would you buy season tickets.

2. I need each of you to reach beyond this message board and give me a list of at list 5 people you graduated or attend school with the info I asked for in #1.

We have about 200 active posters here who are hard core 49er fans, if all of us reach out and get 5 people to comit to this we have our 1000 people.

Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

Beantown Bomber

• Walk On
Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 01:37:41 pm
This would ruin the UNC Charlotte 49ers tee shirts stating "UNCC Football, unbeaten and never been scored upon."  But as much as I love that shirt, I'd love the school to have a team even more.  This would be huge for UNCC.  Even though I graduated in 91, would I still have 4 years of eligibility?  I'm fat, slow and short, but I can still toss the old pig skin.  Great job getting this going Jimmy.  I'm shooting you my pledge right now.

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 06:57:01 pm
How much do you guys estimate season tickets would cost if we started football? I guess App. St.ís or ECU's prices would be comparable.

C49er

• Senior
Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 08:24:11 pm

Hollywood

• Freshman
Reply #46 on: April 14, 2006, 08:31:46 pm
Wish I had a blank white helmet, so I could slap the "C" logo on it and take a photo :-)

LakeNorman49er

• Senior
Reply #47 on: April 14, 2006, 08:57:47 pm
Quote from: Hollywood;168366
Wish I had a blank white helmet, so I could slap the "C" logo on it and take a photo :-)

would we want a "c", "49ers", or the new emblem on the helmet?
ninermike:  "LakeNorman49er= Get your misquote of me out of your signature line. "

persinger (when discussing tarholes):  "we will do a big pre-game story on the upcoming tarhole game"

persinger (when discussing 49ers):  "we never do pre-game articles on any game.  it is not our job to inform the public about the local teams."

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #48 on: April 14, 2006, 08:58:16 pm
Quote from: JaMiNNiNeR;168362
How much do you guys estimate season tickets would cost if we started football? I guess App. St.ís or ECU's prices would be comparable.

Here's APP St. Ticket packages

Season Ticket Priority Deadline - May 15, 2006:
Season Tickets
Type: Regular Season Ticket
Price: $120

Type: Faculty/Staff Reserved Seating (Limit 2 per Family)
Price: $96

Type: Senior Citizens (60+)
Price: $96

Type: Youth Ticket (Ages 3-12)
Price: $80

Type: Gold Seats and East V.I.P.
Price: $240
Available to Yosef Club members at the $1,500 level or higher. These seats are all chairbacks located directly infront of the press box and underneath the roof in section 10 of the East Section.

Half Season Tickets
Gold Package (JMU, Elon, The Citadel)
Price: $60

Black Package (Mars Hill, Wofford, Furman)
Price: $60
(Half season tickets will be seated after all season ticket orders)

Here's ECU's Season Ticket plan:

1. Regular ($200)  
2. Faculty/Staff ($160)  
3. Economy Plan ($100)  
4. Graduate Plan ($100)

C49er

• Senior
Reply #49 on: April 14, 2006, 09:01:01 pm
Quote from: LakeNorman49er;168370
would we want a "c", "49ers", or the new emblem on the helmet?

Definitely not the whole long logo.  I'd vote for just the C pick, I believe.  I like the simple look.  Then we could put the italics "49ers" on the front of the jersey and wherever else.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos