Author Topic: Stay tuned for a major athletics announcement coming up at 11:18am this morning!  (Read 7938 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
I'm neutral and want to get back on topic.  I want the next major announcement to be about beach volleyball.  Other schools in the state have established girl'a lacrosse an field hockey teams with multiple national championships.  Let's do something different.

How does that work?  Is the season different from indoor volleyball?  Do we have to hire new coaches, or use the same volleyball staff?  Would signing Palm Beach Tan as a team sponsor be a major announcement?
#unc-CHeatingPays

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
I'm neutral and want to get back on topic.  I want the next major announcement to be about beach volleyball.  Other schools in the state have established girl'a lacrosse an field hockey teams with multiple national championships.  Let's do something different.

How does that work?  Is the season different from indoor volleyball?  Do we have to hire new coaches, or use the same volleyball staff?  Would signing Palm Beach Tan as a team sponsor be a major announcement?

Looks like they compete in the spring and do not overlap with indoor volleyball.  Only allows 3 scholarships though.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/inclusion/emerging-sports-sand-volleyball

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos