Author Topic: Issues that Should not Exist but do Because Charlotte AD \_(ツ)_/  (Read 49991 times)

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #50 on: November 20, 2015, 11:48:23 pm
Y'all better be careful.  Last time I got really vocal I got a phone call and informed I was hurting their feelings.
Mahna Mahna

Niner96

• Walk On
Reply #51 on: November 20, 2015, 11:56:56 pm
Does anyone know what our Athletic Department profits are for the past few years? Given the lackluster attendance and the poor showings by many teams f figure it'd be low? But then I think, if we weren't making a profit somehow, surely Judy would either be fired or there would be major changes? Like this lack of marketing and promotion makes me think that the revenue must be good enough that we ""don't need"" to try and make up for all these issues all of you have mentioned. But maybe I'm overthinking it

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #52 on: November 21, 2015, 12:00:23 am
Does anyone know what our Athletic Department profits are for the past few years? Given the lackluster attendance and the poor showings by many teams f figure it'd be low? But then I think, if we weren't making a profit somehow, surely Judy would either be fired or there would be major changes? Like this lack of marketing and promotion makes me think that the revenue must be good enough that we ""don't need"" to try and make up for all these issues all of you have mentioned. But maybe I'm overthinking it

They have their budget figured out and based around the large givers and the high student fees so that they don't need anything else, all though I'm sure additional funds make them happy.  It's easy to manage a handful of large donors and the students.  #noaccountability
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 12:02:18 am by NinerWupAss »
Mahna Mahna

Niner96

• Walk On
Reply #53 on: November 21, 2015, 12:02:57 am
It's just so frustrating to see that we CAN be a major athletic program again, and then watch our AD do nothing to reach that goal (and arguably make it harder)

truninersfan

• Sophomore
Reply #54 on: November 21, 2015, 04:59:16 am
 :cool:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:23:12 am by truninersfan »

Oldrowniner

• Gulag
  • Freshman
Reply #55 on: November 21, 2015, 06:02:39 am
Sort of on the sentiment of the AD only focusing on the "whale" donors and not really caring about the rest of us...

Like a lot on this board, I'm a FSL holder. But at present, I don't really feel like the school cares. Aside from having our seats the same each season, there's absolutely no benefit to owning FSLs. I realize that I purchased FSLs to help build the program, not for any other benefits, but there are no special events, no recognition or attention, nothing at all. In the beginning, we were sold FSL on the promise that was the only way we were getting in the door. That's obviously not true anymore.

I've got a friend who has been a PSL holder for the Panthers since 1995. He'll get invites to stadium tours, random Panthers gear in the mail (t-shirts, hats, and a signed mini helmet have just shown up in the past three seasons), or even pregame field passes. Once a season, he gets a call asking how his gameday experience has been, and if he has any suggestions at all. It's like the team really cares about his support.

I'm not asking to be an assistant coach for a game, but I'd like to feel like the school appreciates me. If I called up the AD and said I'd love to tour the facilities, I feel like there's a good chance they'd show me around. But why can't the school take the initiative to reach out to me? I think a special night for FSL holders over the summer would be great. The same thing for basketball season ticket holders. Just have an evening you can come in, look around the facilities, mingle with the team, etc. Just something from the school to say, "Hey, you've invested some serious time and money into this school. Thank you."
Go to the DMV today.  Look around.  observe.

Then go to a 49er game.

Same concepts. Lame 80s graphics everywhere and no hurry to improve or be #1

1 thing could solve Judy-> a student revolt.  That's it.  Fees are the auto drip that floats the bad business model.
"Too many seasons of benign neglect means Price and his staff have to re-sell the whole concept; its been 10 years, after all, since the 49ers last qualified for the NCAA tournament"

Rick Bonnell, 12-1-2015

NinerWupAss

• Gulag
  • Chancellor
Reply #56 on: November 21, 2015, 08:12:56 am
Sort of on the sentiment of the AD only focusing on the "whale" donors and not really caring about the rest of us...

Like a lot on this board, I'm a FSL holder. But at present, I don't really feel like the school cares. Aside from having our seats the same each season, there's absolutely no benefit to owning FSLs. I realize that I purchased FSLs to help build the program, not for any other benefits, but there are no special events, no recognition or attention, nothing at all. In the beginning, we were sold FSL on the promise that was the only way we were getting in the door. That's obviously not true anymore.

I've got a friend who has been a PSL holder for the Panthers since 1995. He'll get invites to stadium tours, random Panthers gear in the mail (t-shirts, hats, and a signed mini helmet have just shown up in the past three seasons), or even pregame field passes. Once a season, he gets a call asking how his gameday experience has been, and if he has any suggestions at all. It's like the team really cares about his support.

I'm not asking to be an assistant coach for a game, but I'd like to feel like the school appreciates me. If I called up the AD and said I'd love to tour the facilities, I feel like there's a good chance they'd show me around. But why can't the school take the initiative to reach out to me? I think a special night for FSL holders over the summer would be great. The same thing for basketball season ticket holders. Just have an evening you can come in, look around the facilities, mingle with the team, etc. Just something from the school to say, "Hey, you've invested some serious time and money into this school. Thank you."

Then go to a 49er game.

1 thing could solve Judy-> a student revolt.  That's it.  Fees are the auto drip that floats the bad business model.

The dmv in Gastonia is new.  I'd rate it ahead of our AD.
Mahna Mahna

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #57 on: November 21, 2015, 08:49:20 am
- Instagram has their own photo collage app allowing you to post multiple pictures in the same post. It's super easy to use and it is sleek and has no wordmark. Whomever is in charge of our Instagram account uses some third party app called @FramaticApp which leaves a huge wordmark on every picture. It's amateur really.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #58 on: November 21, 2015, 09:02:00 am

Then go to a 49er game.

The dmv in Gastonia is new.  I'd rate it ahead of our AD.

The times I've been to the dmv have often been during lunch.  They have always been open.

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #59 on: November 21, 2015, 09:13:22 am
Why do the have virtually no billboards consistantly along the major highways in Charlotte or the surrounding areas? As you drive past Concord Mills coming into Charlotte you see a giant NC State billboard. Something that reminds people we exist and are a legit athletic program. When I was in Arkansas earlier this year I saw Arkansas State billboards everywhere. Their athletic marketing budget can't be exponentially greater than ours.

dorm73

• Walk On
Reply #60 on: November 21, 2015, 09:17:53 am
Like every government entity the employees are not held accountable for dick. Except maybe the HCs. Unless of course for a major impropriety. Profit? Attendance? Enthusiasm? Marketing? What the hell are those Concepts. Colleges, Universities are of a "Come to Us" mind. And if you have a problem, well the line is long enough with enough people in it that they could give a rats ass. That's what I've seen at Charlotte. Oh, the capital improvement program is Aces. But what big school doesn't have great facilities. Big deal. If your culture sucks. Then it's the people. CHPhil and Judy are at the core of Charlotte's problems. Those two should go.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:20:56 am by dorm73 »

SteauA

• Senior
Reply #61 on: November 21, 2015, 09:48:01 am
- Everything about this:

emf

• Senior
Reply #62 on: November 21, 2015, 10:29:55 am
- Everything about this:
I wonder if Cedric was compensated for this; bet not.

niner94life

• Walk On
Reply #63 on: November 21, 2015, 01:48:12 pm

Holy crapaholie!!!!!  Who is your friend?  Mark Richardson?  I've been a PSL holder for the Panthers since 1995.  I originally bought 2 tickets and have since bought 2 more and I've got jack flapin hole nothing from the Panthers.  No, not even a phone call.  I am in the upper level, so maybe that's the difference, but Panthers gear in the mail.  I'd sh!t my pants if the Panthers ever gave me anything free. 

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #64 on: November 21, 2015, 01:55:46 pm
It may not have been the AD, but who was responsible for the silly and ridiculous "UNC Charlotte - Stake Your Claim" commercials?  It's tough to get much worse than that. 

Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #65 on: November 21, 2015, 02:04:43 pm
The lack of a uniformity in our shade of green is maybe the most hilarious. Cant find it now on my phone, but the pic of our football team in the tunnel where our uniforms, helmet accent, flag being carried on the field, and asst coach/staffer's hat are 4 different shades of green...and the disparity is immediately obvious. Same goes for all our apparel and merch. Its PMS349. One universally recognized and standardized color/shade. It is really not that hard.
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #66 on: November 21, 2015, 04:53:38 pm
The lack of a uniformity in our shade of green is maybe the most hilarious. Cant find it now on my phone, but the pic of our football team in the tunnel where our uniforms, helmet accent, flag being carried on the field, and asst coach/staffer's hat are 4 different shades of green...and the disparity is immediately obvious. Same goes for all our apparel and merch. Its PMS349. One universally recognized and standardized color/shade. It is really not that hard.
Our official color starts with PMS? Well, that explains a lot.

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #67 on: November 21, 2015, 05:07:58 pm
Our official color starts with PMS? Well, that explains a lot.

Lol, yep. Pantone Matching System.

The irony.
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

Oldrowniner

• Gulag
  • Freshman
Reply #68 on: November 21, 2015, 05:16:44 pm
They.  Don't.  Care
"Too many seasons of benign neglect means Price and his staff have to re-sell the whole concept; its been 10 years, after all, since the 49ers last qualified for the NCAA tournament"

Rick Bonnell, 12-1-2015

Oldrowniner

• Gulag
  • Freshman
Reply #69 on: November 21, 2015, 05:19:08 pm

Holy crapaholie!!!!!  Who is your friend?  Mark Richardson?  I've been a PSL holder for the Panthers since 1995.  I originally bought 2 tickets and have since bought 2 more and I've got jack flapin hole nothing from the Panthers.  No, not even a phone call.  I am in the upper level, so maybe that's the difference, but Panthers gear in the mail.  I'd sh!t my pants if the Panthers ever gave me anything free.
Ya....we are original PsL family.  21 years no freebies
Certainly not signed mini helmets.

Rick Bonnell, 12-1-2015

SF4Nynah

• Senior
    • http://
Reply #70 on: November 21, 2015, 07:43:55 pm

Well, it wasn't the most exciting mini helmet.... it was signed by Danny Morrison. He is a lower level guy (in the end zone). Maybe that's the difference. And I did find out that the stadium tour and field passes was just sort of a "randomly selected" deal. I see those perks aren't for everyone now.

Gassman

• Junior
Reply #71 on: November 21, 2015, 08:34:20 pm
awful (not a strong enough word) commercials
I think that is actually the fault of the school, not the AD. The school provides the marketing videos. For whatever reason, they thought Norm looking like an idiot would be the best option. I think it was one situation where we were trying to be too cool or edgy for our own good.

The AD could get those videos taken care of. Those videos play during sports broadcasts only. It directly reflects on them.

The Norm laundry room video is an egregious example of what's wrong with our AD. That they would allow that video to be shown over and over for the last few years is unforgivable.

Seriously that video is so bad if I was Dubois I would have kicked someone's ass the first time I saw it and unless it's fixed immediately then somebody is getting a pink slip.

Jimmyhat49er

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
Reply #72 on: November 22, 2015, 01:09:05 am
I generally don't complain much other than about the teams sucking but I thought botching the Ratliffe tribute was shameful.  Absolutely shameful.

Totally agree.
If your not a 49er club member, NOW is the time to join.

truninersfan

• Sophomore
Reply #73 on: November 22, 2015, 03:23:07 pm
So I contribute enough to get a "free" pregame meal for basketball. Up until last year, they very kindly sent out a menu with what would be served at each game. Very helpful, in case you don't want to eat what they have, you can grab your pregame meal elsewhere. That's all good. Last year and this, they gave out the menus at the first home game. Well, I was out of town for the Elon game. I asked last night about getting one and was told "I have one on my desk. I can run you a copy". That was the last I heard of it, so I sent an email reminder this morning, which has not been replied to. Would it be so hard to walk over to your office, which is on the same floor, and get me a copy. Would it be so hard to, just maybe, provide the menus for the first two or three games in case people have conflicts? Would it be so hard to reply to my email, even if it is Friday?

Like I say, I contribute enough to get the meal. God knows how they treat those who don't.

here is the menu for this season

emf

• Senior
Reply #74 on: November 22, 2015, 03:30:21 pm
So I contribute enough to get a "free" pregame meal for basketball. Up until last year, they very kindly sent out a menu with what would be served at each game. Very helpful, in case you don't want to eat what they have, you can grab your pregame meal elsewhere. That's all good. Last year and this, they gave out the menus at the first home game. Well, I was out of town for the Elon game. I asked last night about getting one and was told "I have one on my desk. I can run you a copy". That was the last I heard of it, so I sent an email reminder this morning, which has not been replied to. Would it be so hard to walk over to your office, which is on the same floor, and get me a copy. Would it be so hard to, just maybe, provide the menus for the first two or three games in case people have conflicts? Would it be so hard to reply to my email, even if it is Friday?

Like I say, I contribute enough to get the meal. God knows how they treat those who don't.

here is the menu for this season
LOL, www.49erclub.com domain name is for sale.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos