Author Topic: Larry Ogunjobi invited to NFL combine; Austin Duke gets two game invites  (Read 9661 times)

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Per a couple of sources, Larry got an official combine invite today.

Also, in the last week or so, Austin Duke accepted his 2nd senior showcase game. I don't have the details on that game though (if someone  would be kind enough to give us the details, and if it's televised?)
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

🔥 🌹

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Per a couple of sources, Larry got an official combine invite today.

Also, in the last week or so, Austin Duke accepted his 2nd senior showcase game. I don't have the details on that game though (if someone  would be kind enough to give us the details, and if it's televised?)

Great news!

Per Charlotte49ers.com, in addition to the Tropical Bowl on 1/17 (streamed online), Duke will also participate in the CGS (College Gridiron Showcase) 1/7 - 1/11. The GCS showcases top talent through practices and a controlled scrimmage but does not look to be televised or streamed from what I could find. Deserved recognition for both!

Go Niners

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Austin Duke didn't do much yesterday in the Tropical Bowl. 1 Fair catch on a PR, 3 targets, 0 catches.  One of the plays I saw, the QB was running for his life and Duke had no chance to make the catch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1tkeo1LJMj9X2JiS2VXWnRZd3M/view

Submarley734

• Senior
I thought I'd see an invite or two for Kalif? Anybody know if he's going to be in any of the games?

moss2k

• Administrator
  • Chancellor
  • @_agent49
    • Agent49.net
I thought I'd see an invite or two for Kalif? Anybody know if he's going to be in any of the games?
I'm not too surprised, he had quite a few injuries along the way.

Submarley734

• Senior

I'm sure he'll get a tryout though. Some NFL team will work him out. He's too good not to get at least that.

Niner National

• Athletic Director

I'm sure he'll get a tryout though. Some NFL team will work him out. He's too good not to get at least that.
he will get several I'm sure.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Unfortunately, the NFL doesn't place much of a premium on RBs these days. Derrick Henry rushed for an Alabama single season record of 2,219 yards, scored 28 touchdowns, won the Heisman and a National Championship, was 6'3 247, yet could run a 4.5 sec 40, and got picked....

45th.

Pretty much says it all.

I think Kalif has a shot at a camp invite. After that, it's up to him. The downside of his running style (which reminds me of Marshawn Lynch, and I love watching) is that he is injury prone. To his credit, he plays though most of them. I wish him success and will be delighted if he makes a roster. The more Niners in the league, the better.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:31:15 am by JudyPleaseRetire »
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

🔥 🌹

BusterC417

• Walk On
Larry got a shout out on ESPN from David Newton and the possibility of the Panthers drafting him. I don't know how to link it, but it's in the article on Kawaan Short.

ninerball49

• Senior Captain
  • is that trips?
http://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/24407/panthers-dt-position-revolves-around-what-happens-with-kawann-short

i understand we've had some frustrating football games and could have been bowl eligible this year, but if you tell me ten years ago i would be reading this article, i may literally murder someones children (yes, plural) in order to try to make it happen.  perspective.  i hope this happens and i'm framing that jersey as long as it's not falcons or saints.
we have football

clap clap clapclapclap

ProudNiner13

• Walk On
I don't think it's too far fetched for the Panthers to invite KP to their camp
Hating the Tar Holes since '89

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior

Tolbert and Steward aren't getting any younger.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973

It's not. He may get a home town courtesy invite, and hopefully he impresses enough to get a shot. If not here, hopefully somewhere. 
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain

Niner17

• Walk On
Not sure the Panthers will look to DT again but here is a nice video on Larry:

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Ogunjobi-Making-a-name-for-myself-and-my-school/7e127319-1483-43a8-9e56-33f03e9a4d15

"...the first contender for Charlotte University..."

Love the way that name sounds but you'd think Panthers Insider would get the name right... Anyway, Love the moves Larry is making. He's proud to rep this school and is making noise at the Senior bowl while doing so. Only way to go is up for him!

mojoniner

• Walk On

Tolbert and Steward aren't getting any younger.

Tolbert needs to be cut.

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Ogunjobi-Making-a-name-for-myself-and-my-school/7e127319-1483-43a8-9e56-33f03e9a4d15

Gettleman loves him some D-Linemen, though.

With some folks in the know saying Larry could go late first, early second round... the prospect of the Panthers taking Fournette at #8 and Ogunjobi at #40 has me dancing in my mind.

Side note: what are the odds Goodell fucks up our name when he announces Larry's selection?
DUCK FAVIDSON

cibik02

• Head Coach
^Gettleman may be in hot seat if he doesn't address offensive line early in draft AND our offensive line is terrible again. Always chance addresses outside of draft. Cam will burn his seat.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain

With some folks in the know saying Larry could go late first, early second round... the prospect of the Panthers taking Fournette at #8 and Ogunjobi at #40 has me dancing in my mind.

Side note: what are the odds Goodell fucks up our name when he announces Larry's selection?

He does but I think he is going DE or maybe even S at number 8. I think after that he is going BPA.

It will be an interesting offseason but as much grief as he is catching for not addressing certain positions, Panthers lost 5 games by 3 or less. They didn't execute properly when needed and that is on coaches and players.

cltniners

clt hopes that Larry doesn't go to the browns.

JB

• Sophomore

If Larry has his name announced when Goodell is still calling names, which only happens during the first round, I would be so ecstatic he could call him whatever he wants.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

ZombieLew

• MemberPF
  • Senior Captain
  • State of Charlotte expat since 2012

If Larry has his name announced when Goodell is still calling names, which only happens during the first round, I would be so ecstatic he could call him whatever he wants.

I thought Goodell called the first two rounds?

Either way, I wasn't talking about Ogunjobi's name. I was talking about the school's.
DUCK FAVIDSON

NinerLove

• Sophomore
Larry O's North squad on watch ESPN stream (and ESPNU) now.  1pm today.

http://www.espn.com/watchespn/index#

BusterC417

• Walk On
One of the scouts said he had worked his way up from late rounds to mid draft.  It's so awesome to see our helmet out there and hear the guys talking about us. I can't wait to buy a Larry jersey!

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos