Author Topic: Charlotte's chances to land Rocky Ried?  (Read 2163 times)

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
on: January 21, 2017, 11:47:59 am
Wake Forest RB Rocky Reid is transferring from the program. Reid played at Concord HS just down the road from Charlotte. Wake is pretty stacked at RB with Cade Carney leading the way so I don't blame him. Has he already chosen a landing spot or do we have time to grab him?
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

JB

• Sophomore
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:17:13 pm
I saw a tweet that mentioned Campbell, but nothing official.  I don't think that we really need anyone right now at the running back position, and based on him leaving his last school based on playing time reasons doubt he would want to come here and have to fight for carries.
"Frankly I'm not going to deal with head cases.  Life is too short." - Mark Price

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:29:22 pm
I saw a tweet that mentioned Campbell, but nothing official.  I don't think that we really need anyone right now at the running back position, and based on him leaving his last school based on playing time reasons doubt he would want to come here and have to fight for carries.
agreed.  I'd like our chances if he played about any other position than RB.
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:30:36 pm
We have Washington and Lemay as the 1 and 2 so you bring up a good point. I think Wake wanted to make him into more of an H-Back and he probably wasn't on board. Good kids though

woodniner

• Sophomore
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 12:31:54 pm
He has to sit out a year so Washington and Lemay would be Jr's when he could play.  He could get two years in if he can play.  This shows you how hard it is to recruit when he was originally going to UT and then switch to Wake now may end up at Campbell.  You never know how players are going to pan out when they get to college.

TRLeader

• Senior
  • #1 TWill fan
Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 12:33:42 pm
He was an absolute beast...very much in the same mold as Kalif.

But with Washington and LeMay...he'd be fighting for carries here and I'm sure with just 3 yrs of eligibility left he's looking for more of a sure thing when it comes to playing time.

It's a shame...if he would have committed here out of highschool...he could have easily been Kalif's heir.  And these are the kind of local kids we need to come here and make an impact to bring in more local fans to come watch them.
CLEAN SLATE for 49er Basketball

:49ers:

ninerfan55

• Assistant Coach
Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 12:36:02 pm
this kid looks solid but with washington, lemay and the running back from florida, i just dont see the playing time being available.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 12:40:31 pm
He was an absolute beast...very much in the same mold as Kalif.

But with Washington and LeMay...he'd be fighting for carries here and I'm sure with just 3 yrs of eligibility left he's looking for more of a sure thing when it comes to playing time.

It's a shame...if he would have committed here out of highschool...he could have easily been Kalif's heir.  And these are the kind of local kids we need to come here and make an impact to bring in more local fans to come watch them.
Hence my point about establishing a strong in state recruiting pipeline. He and Kaliff played against one another in HS actually. Now if we had him would we have gotten Washington or Lemay? Everything happens for a reason.
He was a beast in HS though I agree.

cltniners

Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 02:47:55 pm
clt says to convert him to mlb.

The_AlumNiner

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 08:27:51 pm
He's headed to Campbell.
FSL Owner

CSN: Alumniner2012

"Why not Charlotte?"

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 10:46:46 pm
He's headed to Campbell.
Just saw that in the Observer article.

cltniners

Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 10:51:56 pm
clt says that doesn't mean anything.

Go offer him

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 07:27:21 am
He did not produce at Wake...basically overrated

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 05:19:10 pm

Redshirted his Freshman year and got 22 carries his sophomore year...tough crowd.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 09:48:01 am

Redshirted his Freshman year and got 22 carries his sophomore year...tough crowd.
I agree. Many thought his RS-Freshman yr would be a good year, but not many thought Cade Carney would be this good this early. I coached against him when he was a junior and man could he run.

cltniners

Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:53 pm
clt asks why he spells his name so oddly?

rtown49er

• Walk On
Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 04:55:48 pm

I agree. Many thought his RS-Freshman yr would be a good year, but not many thought Cade Carney would be this good this early. I coached against him when he was a junior and man could he run.

Wake staff thinks he's terrible...was not going to say this...but you forced my hand

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos