Author Topic: Name the Curtain  (Read 4405 times)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #50 on: February 06, 2017, 06:21:35 am
Hmmm, for some strange reason I though HCMP ran the MBB program and was accountable for it.

He is held accountable for the present performance of men's basketball.  What we have is a complete destruction of our basketball program that spans 12 years, 3 head coaches and millions of dollars.  Our attendance and giving has cratered and interest in our program is at a low we haven't seen since the early 80s.  And NO ONE has been held accountable for it.

Yes they have: Lutz and Major. Just NOT the PERSON you want held accountable.

No. 

Lutz was fired for the AD's dislike for him more than the performance of the team.  Not to mention his team was hitting the goals that they sat for Major's, making post season play regularly.  At the press conference letting him go she said we had not made the NCAAs in 5 years.  With Major she said post season was the goal and praised the NIT as much more prestigious than it had been and we give credit for.

Major was let go due to health.  You can't convince me that without the health complication he wouldn't still be here.  Judy loved him and loathed the idea of letting him go for various reasons.  Judy never came out and said Majors performance didn't cut it, because it would mean she was taking responsibility for the hire.  Instead she praised him and the parting of ways was mutual due to health.  Hell at Prices presser they praised Major. 

I stand by my statement.  Our current state of men's basketball and people haven't been held accountable.  In fact if anyone has been it's been held held accountable by the school, its us.  Judy chastising the supporters and blaming them for not coming to games and not being supportive.  We just need to manage our expectations rather than expect the team to succeed. 

It's not surprising though since the overall performance of all our sports has been poor and Judy doesn't see an issue with it.  She doesn't even consider winning teams as part of her primary goal, so why would she hold coaches accountable for that and why should she be held accountable for it?  She does think blind support from us is right and it is why she holds us accountable. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:49:57 am by NinerWupAss »
Mahna Mahna

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #51 on: February 06, 2017, 08:12:32 am
Hmmm, for some strange reason I though HCMP ran the MBB program and was accountable for it.

He is held accountable for the present performance of men's basketball.  What we have is a complete destruction of our basketball program that spans 12 years, 3 head coaches and millions of dollars.  Our attendance and giving has cratered and interest in our program is at a low we haven't seen since the early 80s.  And NO ONE has been held accountable for it.

Yes they have: Lutz and Major. Just NOT the PERSON you want held accountable.
Yep

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #52 on: February 06, 2017, 09:12:16 am
We one of the select few companies in the world where the CEO isn't held accountable by the board. We keep firing leadership, but not the decision maker..

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos