Author Topic: FAU Postgame  (Read 3413 times)

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 12:23:45 pm
He got another T last night, but it was a double T so no free throws.  I was yelling at him to go sit on the bench.  He is on the edge every game and it is awful.  I hope he is not like that in life outside of basketball.

I notice that White seemed to have a much better attitude last night so I hope it was a growing experience for him.
I realized this season that Vanhook has serious attitude issues at times. Almost becoming good for a T a game at this point.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #26 on: February 03, 2017, 12:34:55 pm
We would have been better off if Vanhook would have been booted for the season after throwing those punches. The guy is a turnover machine with poor ball handling skills and has butterfingers when it comes to holding on to rebounds. Price loves playing him for some reason.

Addition by subtraction with BO and Vanhook gone after this season.

Probably because Hook is the best rebounder on a poor rebounding team.  By a long shot.  He has 62% more rebounds than our second best rebounder.
#unc-CHeatingPays

cltniners

Reply #27 on: February 03, 2017, 02:44:50 pm
clt says hook would be a good olb

JaMiNNiNeR

• Senior
Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 03:02:13 pm
We would have been better off if Vanhook would have been booted for the season after throwing those punches. The guy is a turnover machine with poor ball handling skills and has butterfingers when it comes to holding on to rebounds. Price loves playing him for some reason.

Probably because Hook is the best rebounder on a poor rebounding team.  By a long shot.  He has 62% more rebounds than our second best rebounder.

You can't get rebounds sitting on the bench. We have two 7' guys that get practically no playing time. Granted they aren't All-American level players but you have to work with what you have.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #29 on: February 04, 2017, 09:39:24 am

You can't get rebounds sitting on the bench. We have two 7' guys that get practically no playing time. Granted they aren't All-American level players but you have to work with what you have.
Benas played roughly 6 minutes vs FAU and did absolutely nothing. Couldn't handle a ball, let several go through his hands, not sure he had any rebounds. Sure we have two 7 footers but they don't use their size at all. Soft is the word that comes to mind.

lucky57

• Senior
Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 02:16:41 pm
We stink...and that hurts. Love to know Judy's perspective on the state of our athletic programs,but she is harder to find than Punxatawney Phil.

FSL Owner

• Freshman
Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 03:03:18 pm
She was at the football signing day event.  New hairstyle also.  Looked better. 

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 04:46:22 pm
Getting tired of the we are a young team excuse. There is no excuse for losing this game. FAU tried to give the game with 3 turnovers within the last minute and the Niners still couldn't win.

Ajukwa is now the second best player on the team. He needs to play at least 30 minutes a game. Price had him on the bench for too long. Ajukwa was shooting well but only got eight shots. He was 6 for 8. Not enough shots.

Is Davis a point guard? He had 9 assist but 5 turnovers plus he didn't get the ball to the hot man which was Ajukwa.

I said before and I will say again. I have had enough of Vanhook. Senior day can't get here soon enough. Another technical  what a surprise.

Finally got Benis in the game but what do you expect when you don't play a guy for three straight games.

Does Price no what a zone is? But all 5 defenders in the paint. make them score outside of the lane please

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #33 on: February 04, 2017, 04:49:04 pm
^ yea didn't know why ajukwa was sitting so much at the end of the 1st half. I thought it was fouls but he only had 2. He had the hot hand early and needed to see more minutes.

But while Davis had 9 assist 5 turnover margin not great it's still not that bad. I'd take a 9:4 ratio every game though from a pg playing his amount of minutes though.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:51:25 pm by cibik02 »

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #34 on: February 04, 2017, 04:54:31 pm
Getting tired of the we are a young team excuse. There is no excuse for losing this game. FAU tried to give the game with 3 turnovers within the last minute and the Niners still couldn't win.

Ajukwa is now the second best player on the team. He needs to play at least 30 minutes a game. Price had him on the bench for too long. Ajukwa was shooting well but only got eight shots. He was 6 for 8. Not enough shots.

Is Davis a point guard? He had 9 assist but 5 turnovers plus he didn't get the ball to the hot man which was Ajukwa.

I said before and I will say again. I have had enough of Vanhook. Senior day can't get here soon enough. Another technical  what a surprise.

Finally got Benis in the game but what do you expect when you don't play a guy for three straight games.

Does Price no what a zone is? But all 5 defenders in the paint. make them score outside of the lane please
No one is asking Price the hard questions in the media like Why was Ajukwa not on the court as much? I would've loved to hear his response to that, but no one in the media seems to ask tough questions.

Gas49er

• Walk On
Reply #35 on: February 04, 2017, 05:12:48 pm
?

It's common practice to sit a player in the first half with 2 fouls, which is unfortunately what happened with a hot Ajukwa.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #36 on: February 04, 2017, 05:33:04 pm
?

It's common practice to sit a player in the first half with 2 fouls, which is unfortunately what happened with a hot Ajukwa.
I understand, but with how hot he was I would've brought him back earlier. He provided a spark that we needed badly for quite a stretch in that first half.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #37 on: February 04, 2017, 09:28:25 pm
FAU defeated Old Dominion in Norfolk tonight.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos