Author Topic: clt says let's talk fb tailgate lots  (Read 2981 times)

cltniners

on: February 09, 2017, 06:13:31 am
clt doesn't like the new black lot

- too far from the action
- too close to the snowflake millenial students with their small plates of tailgate food
- fear of trains
- a shuttle? The school should know that NASA cancelled that program years ago. And the logistics are absurd. The shuttle is overkill for any trips less than 50 miles vertical. Just bad planning once again from this administration. Sad.

justintrent

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:12:06 am
Will the Normbulance fit in the Union Deck?

Mr. Bojangles

• Athletic Director
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 08:22:52 am

- too close to the snowflake millenial students with their small plates of tailgate food
- fear of trains
- a shuttle? The school should know that NASA cancelled that program years ago. And the logistics are absurd. The shuttle is overkill for any trips less than 50 miles vertical. Just bad planning once again from this administration. Sad.

Is clt still gonna tie the Zeppelin at the top of the Union deck?

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 08:24:24 am

- fear of trains

Really just sounds like CLT is lazy.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 08:25:17 am

No - nor would I want to.  Being in a deck even on the top doesn't feel right.

I'm gonna start a FB page to see if we can build consensus one where the crew goes.
Mahna Mahna

cltniners

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 09:00:51 am

- fear of trains

Is clt still gonna tie the Zeppelin at the top of the Union deck?

clt will likely tether the zep to the belk tower.

cltniners

Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 09:01:29 am

No - nor would I want to.  Being in a deck even on the top doesn't feel right.

I'm gonna start a FB page to see if we can build consensus one where the crew goes.

clt says tailgating in a parking deck is just wrong.

MeanJoeGreen

• Sophomore
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 09:11:30 am
Maybe we should build a handcart track from the blackliterailalot to the stadium. 

mojoniner

• Walk On
Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 09:18:24 am
One downside of the stadium location is no nearby lots now that the Black lot is going away.

charlottewkndbuzz

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 09:25:49 am
I forget the plans, but is that little lot 18 going to remain next to the black lot?  The proximity of the Green CRI lot next to the orange deck is good and it's a pretty massive lot too.  I think the Silver lot  will be pretty cool this year, just bc it will be neat to see the light rail in action and seeing all the niner fans getting off at game day.  Know this isn't realistic, but if those practice football fields next to the stadium were actually lots, be perfect imo.

*Just thought of this too, the horseshoe Gold Lot 23...As NWA mentioned, it's probably super expensive (paying for location), but every time I'm walking around there, there are so many empty spots.  I get why they need to charge more, but I rather them charge a little less, so that it can be fuller.  That would pump me up even more for the game, seeing that lot packed with tailgaters, as I'm walking into the stadium.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:33:41 am by charlottewkndbuzz »

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 09:28:19 am
One downside of the stadium location is no nearby lots now that the Black lot is going away.

There are lots - just expensive ones to be in.  Having a long walk is typical at many colleges.  At VT you need a day pack from where you will park.  At Clemson you may need a Sherpa.  At chapel hill you won't even be on campus.  Point is we were spoiled with the black lot location. 

Our options are still good.  Just have to decide what is best. 
Mahna Mahna

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 09:30:20 am

There are lots - just expensive ones to be in.  Having a long walk is typical at many colleges.  At VT you need a day pack from where you will park.  At Clemson you may need a Sherpa.  At chapel hill you won't even be on campus.  Point is we were spoiled with the black lot location.
Unless you've got money the Clemson parking is a haul, gotta get on a bus just to get to the campus then it can even be quite a walk from where it drops you off. Attending a Clemson game made me realize that it could be worse here.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 09:48:14 am
The silver lot is where I have been the past season and a half. Its not quite as close as the black lot but its still a solid area. My only concern about next year is that they kick the students out and send them back to the lots near east deck. 
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 09:58:34 am
The silver lot is where I have been the past season and a half. Its not quite as close as the black lot but its still a solid area. My only concern about next year is that they kick the students out and send them back to the lots near east deck.
If they want student attendance to continue to suck they can do that.

emf

• Senior
Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 09:59:57 am
I forget the plans, but is that little lot 18 going to remain next to the black lot?  The proximity of the Green CRI lot next to the orange deck is good and it's a pretty massive lot too.  I think the Silver lot  will be pretty cool this year, just bc it will be neat to see the light rail in action and seeing all the niner fans getting off at game day.  Know this isn't realistic, but if those practice football fields next to the stadium were actually lots, be perfect imo.

*Just thought of this too, the horseshoe Gold Lot 23...As NWA mentioned, it's probably super expensive (paying for location), but every time I'm walking around there, there are so many empty spots.  I get why they need to charge more, but I rather them charge a little less, so that it can be fuller.  That would pump me up even more for the game, seeing that lot packed with tailgaters, as I'm walking into the stadium.
They're expanding the Union deck onto Lot 18 starting this summer to compensate for the loss of parking spaces in Lot 19.

emf

• Senior
Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 10:03:32 am
They've reserved 50 student spaces in the former Silver lot (now Black lot) and there's another 50 student spaces reserved at the new Red lot next to the student health center at Cameron and Mary Alex.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 10:04:42 am
They've reserved 50 student spaces in the former Silver lot (now Black lot) and there's another 50 student spaces reserved at the new Red lot next to the student health center at Cameron and Mary Alex.
The location by SHC at Cameron and MA isn't too bad, just not a fan of having student tailgating by East Deck.

emf

• Senior
Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 10:05:26 am
The lots near East deck are the new Silver lot for $49 level donors and RV parking and single game purchase.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 10:07:03 am

They gave students a whole small village next to the stadium and they still don't come, not sure what else they can do to appease them.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 10:09:29 am

They gave students a whole small village next to the stadium and they still don't come, not sure what else they can do to appease them.
Most students are under the impression that it is only for Greek Life since they dominate that section. They just don't really make it from there to the games lol
I tailgate with dwhitley in Silver Lot next to North Deck, we have a great time.

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 10:15:27 am
Wouldn't pooling money to buy a space (or two) in the gold lot be the best plan for tailgating?
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

🔥 🌹

emf

• Senior
Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 10:24:34 am
Wouldn't pooling money to buy a space (or two) in the gold lot be the best plan for tailgating?
Gold lot has an annual giving requirement of $5,000 or more.

cltniners

Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 11:03:00 am
clt plans to park in the old black lot anyway.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 11:12:56 am

I would love to have the Black Lot crowd in the Gold Lot.  Currently it is mostly a mellow crowd, although there are pockets of enthusiasm there.  I think the visibility of good tailgating in that lot would help build the culture that we are looking for.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 11:17:22 am

I would love to have the Black Lot crowd in the Gold Lot.  Currently it is mostly a mellow crowd, although there are pockets of enthusiasm there.  I think the visibility of good tailgating in that lot would help build the culture that we are looking for.

I got offered a gold lot spot - but unless they let the masses in I don't want to be there.  I really think they need to revamp how they look at tailgating and placing people.  Is their goal raising money or creating a culture?

As for pooling money  too many people have too much stuff for that. 
Mahna Mahna

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos