Author Topic: clt says let's talk fb tailgate lots  (Read 2980 times)

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 11:21:41 am
Wouldn't pooling money to buy a space (or two) in the gold lot be the best plan for tailgating?

I would love to have the Black Lot crowd in the Gold Lot.  Currently it is mostly a mellow crowd, although there are pockets of enthusiasm there.  I think the visibility of good tailgating in that lot would help build the culture that we are looking for.

I got offered a gold lot spot - but unless they let the masses in I don't want to be there.  I really think they need to revamp how they look at tailgating and placing people.  Is their goal raising money or creating a culture?

As for pooling money  too many people have too much stuff for that.

The goal has to be both.  You have to reward people giving $5000 or more every year with something.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 11:23:54 am
Wouldn't pooling money to buy a space (or two) in the gold lot be the best plan for tailgating?

I would love to have the Black Lot crowd in the Gold Lot.  Currently it is mostly a mellow crowd, although there are pockets of enthusiasm there.  I think the visibility of good tailgating in that lot would help build the culture that we are looking for.

I got offered a gold lot spot - but unless they let the masses in I don't want to be there.  I really think they need to revamp how they look at tailgating and placing people.  Is their goal raising money or creating a culture?

The goal has to be both.  You have to reward people giving $5000 or more every year with something.

Might want to try rewarding with winning programs and some vision.

I get that they need to - but if they were to do parking the same way they do seats with slotting people in lots based on rank it would work better.  The lots would get filled, better culture and in many instances incentive to give more not less.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:31:05 am by NinerWupAss »
Mahna Mahna

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 11:30:12 am

Might want to try rewarding with winning programs and some vision.

I get that they need to - but if they were to do parking the same way they do seats with slotting people in lots based on rank it would work better.  The lots would get filled, better culture and in many instances incentive to give more not less.
The idea of assigning parking on points rather than annual donations works for me.  I do not really know, but most of the Gold Lot could be taken and the empty spaces just matching up to empty seats.  I am not sure if changing to priority point rank would make much difference because there is a strong correlation between $5000 donors and high points, but it is worth a discussion.

Universal

• Senior
  • I floss regularly
Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 12:04:37 pm
They should let black lot people tailgate in the gold lot now. There are plenty of space to fit both black lotters and gold lotters together up there and the "reward" would be a better tailgating environment for all.

Right now, I'm scaling back my donation because of this. I was donating $500 just to park in the black lot. No other lot (beside gold) is worth that much to me.
“All that is best in the great poets of all countries is not what is national in them, but what is universal”

pcon

• Senior
Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 12:24:13 pm
What's happening to the black lot?  Another building?

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 12:38:22 pm
yes

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 12:39:33 pm
They should let black lot people tailgate in the gold lot now. There are plenty of space to fit both black lotters and gold lotters together up there and the "reward" would be a better tailgating environment for all.

Right now, I'm scaling back my donation because of this. I was donating $500 just to park in the black lot. No other lot (beside gold) is worth that much to me.

In my post above I was trying to say that those empty spots in the Gold Lot may belong to people that aren't there.  You can't just sell them twice, or let someone park there on the off chance that the owner shows up.  A truism for all programs is they twist a lot of arms of people to buy tickets and write checks that do it to be supportive, but they don't show up.  In our case many of these people have Panthers tickets too, and go to their games on Sunday, while skipping ours.

emf

• Senior
Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 12:53:37 pm
yes
Health and Wellness Center. (gym)

cltniners

Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 01:37:37 pm
clt says tailgate lots are a delicate balance. ideally you have room to spread gear out, let the lids play pokemon go, etc...

but you also want it to feel packed and like minded.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 04:47:15 pm
Loved the black lot. Started out tailgating. Wife lost interest in that fast. Still loved the black lot for location. Now looks like we'll be fine in the orange deck. It's closer to the stadium and since we don't tailgate (grill), it will be fine for us. Hope all y'all can find your niche again and still have fun.
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.”
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 05:27:18 pm
Loved the black lot. Started out tailgating. Wife lost interest in that fast. Still loved the black lot for location. Now looks like we'll be fine in the orange deck. It's closer to the stadium and since we don't tailgate (grill), it will be fine for us. Hope all y'all can find your niche again and still have fun.

I'm looking at the top of the orange deck.  I get there about 3 hours pregame about 3 games a year. 
I have always tried to park within sight and sound of the Normbulance. 

Any clue yet where Rob is going?

FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:02 pm

I'm looking at the top of the orange deck.  I get there about 3 hours pregame about 3 games a year. 

Looks like it will either be blue or the new black. 
Mahna Mahna

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #37 on: February 10, 2017, 04:21:07 pm

Looks like it will either be blue or the new black.

Blue is just too small for the Normbulance. Old Silver Lot may be farther away, but it's about to get popular.

chidave

• Junior
Reply #39 on: February 10, 2017, 05:06:33 pm
Will people be able to park in the deck beside Silver? That's one thing Blue has going for it is that casual fans can park at The Cone Center or the West Deck and walk there.

cltniners

Reply #40 on: February 11, 2017, 07:10:54 am
clt says we need consensus here

emf

• Senior
Reply #41 on: February 11, 2017, 12:47:32 pm
Will people be able to park in the deck beside Silver? That's one thing Blue has going for it is that casual fans can park at The Cone Center or the West Deck and walk there.
The information hasn't been updated from last year, but it looks like North Deck was designated for student overflow parking.
http://pats.uncc.edu/parking/football-parking

cltniners

Reply #42 on: February 11, 2017, 06:54:00 pm
clt has an idea. How about we name the lots after 49ers as opposed to colours.

Aiken lot
Demarco lot
Riley lot
Jobey lot

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos