Author Topic: Olsen arrested  (Read 4912 times)

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #25 on: February 20, 2017, 12:27:32 pm
Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issue... Granted Olsen's history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

The thought process in bringing him aboard is going to get second guessed big time.

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #26 on: February 20, 2017, 02:53:35 pm
Considering his parents moved here to watch him, & his brother was runner up for Man of the Year, I think he was due a risk.

Released on $103K bond, I wouldn't pay more than $1K for one of my kids.  The jail can keep 'em.

Not to blame the victim, but why would you meet up with him, AFTER he threatened to kill you.  WTH?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:57:55 pm by stonecoldken »
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #27 on: February 20, 2017, 03:07:05 pm
Considering his parents moved here to watch him, & his brother was runner up for Man of the Year, I think he was due a risk.

Released on $103K bond, I wouldn't pay more than $1K for one of my kids.  The jail can keep 'em.

Not to blame the victim, but why would you meet up with him, AFTER he threatened to kill you.  WTH?
people do dumb things for love. She probably just thought he was being drunk and dumb.

Unfortunately, it turned into a serious situation. If there is any silver lining in this, at least he didn't live up to the death threat.

jfickett

• Senior Captain
  • Charlotte 49ers Football - A new chance for glory.
    • LinkedIn
Reply #28 on: February 20, 2017, 03:12:46 pm
From the details emerging this morning, sounds like he should be on suicide watch. After already threatening to kill himself, and now probably coming to the realization that his life is over for all intents and purposes, he should probably be under 24hr watch.
11/28/2016 (16:35:02) s9er: It cost less to in student fees to launch a man into space than it does get a Charlotte men's basketball team into the NCAA's

NinerAdvocate

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
    • http://ansonw.bol.ucla.edu/games/MiniPutt3.html
Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 03:15:57 pm
From the details emerging this morning, sounds like he should be on suicide watch. After already threatening to kill himself, and now probably coming to the realization that his life is over for all intents and purposes, he should probably be under 24hr watch.

yes
Charlotte 49ers - TITLE IX CHAMPIONS, July 1, 1990- Present!

Official 49ers AD Moto: Minimum Necessarium Esse, Nihil Magis

https://i.imgur.com/74Mcl1t.jpg

NLP

• Administrator
  • Athletic Director
Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 03:18:26 pm

Giving a victim blaming disclaimer and then blaming the victim is still victim blaming. Just don't do it.
Powerbait: But I would kill to have that level of discipline here. I'd kill even more to have a S16
Charlotte2002: I would kill to have you killed

(09:42:56) NinerWupAss: NLP is the churck norris of biology - NLP doesnt contract AIDS - AIDS contracts NLP

cltniners

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 03:32:46 pm

His parents and brother are terrific. But he was an asshole, and didn't change it appears.  Some mistakes you can't un-do.. this mistake was a really really big one.

Not going to blame the victim, but immeadiately blaming the victim. Brilliant.

cibik02

• Head Coach
Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 06:24:50 pm
^ if I know an area in east Charlotte isn't the safest place to be walking after dark.... but I do it anyways and I get robbed, I'm not to blame but I'm still an idiot right.

I'm not saying rape and robbery are similar things, I'm more saying that just asking the question why she goes back to him isn't saying she is to blame. She didn't make a smart decision. Much like the next girl that dates him, Greg hardy, etc.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 06:26:50 pm by cibik02 »

sportsman1417

• MemberPF
  • Junior
Reply #34 on: February 20, 2017, 06:40:15 pm
We need to steer clear of this conversation. A young woman was raped. That is inexcusable. End of story.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #35 on: February 20, 2017, 06:51:10 pm
http://deadspin.com/unc-charlotte-quarterback-kevin-olsen-arrested-on-rape-1792557331
Article says he was" the" quarterback here. Should say he was "a" quarterback or "the" third string quarterback.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #36 on: February 20, 2017, 06:56:10 pm
I'm wondering if he were a little used interior lineman not related to a star NFL player, if this would see so much news time.

Threemire09

• Junior
    • http://www.careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail/?mid=9218348
Reply #37 on: February 20, 2017, 06:57:41 pm
You know the answer^
All time Favorite 49er Team
PG Sean Colson
SG Brendan Plavich
SF Eddie Basden
PF Demarco Johnson
F Cornbread
BN Diego
BN Leemire
BN Jobey
BN Lang
BN Dinkins

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #38 on: February 21, 2017, 09:52:41 am
Lambert (and Judy I suppose) are going to have to answer some questions. They rolled the dice on a clear character issue... Granted Olsen's history is nothing near this abhorrent, but he had track record of stupidity and police record to substantiate it.

The thought process in bringing him aboard is going to get second guessed big time.

I agree.  Also, this incident will more than likely prevent coaches from taking a chance on future prospects that "may have a history". 

NinerAlum18

• Freshman
  • Class of 2018
Reply #39 on: February 21, 2017, 10:05:30 am

I agree.  Also, this incident will more than likely prevent coaches from taking a chance on future prospects that "may have a history".
[/quote
I agree which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing. Obviously people do deserve second chances, but we were his 3rd chance.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

VA49er

• Head Coach
Reply #40 on: February 21, 2017, 11:37:29 am

[/quote
I agree which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing. Obviously people do deserve second chances, but we were his 3rd chance.

I could be a bad thing. There are lots of guys that do stupid stuff and deserve a second chance. I fear this incident will make us look away more than we would have previously when it comes to future recruits.  For example, will we give guys like Uriah Lemay a second chance going forward?

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 12:20:56 pm

I don't endorse violence against women, drunk driving, or throwing rocks though windows because your candidate didn't win--but find me a 6'10" center with some baggage that can play and we can talk about it.
Hey 49er undergrads, you are bigger than UNC-CH.  Start acting like it!

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 02:20:33 pm

I don't endorse violence against women, drunk driving, or throwing rocks though windows because your candidate didn't win--but find me a 6'10" center with some baggage that can play and we can talk about it.

^^^^ What he said.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 05:29:30 pm
Earnest T. Bass endorsed throwing rocks through windows.
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #44 on: February 21, 2017, 08:28:13 pm
Earnest T had a crush on Charlene Darling.  The current protesters live in their parent's basement playing Doom and have never been on a date.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:23:15 am by Nugget »

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #45 on: February 21, 2017, 10:36:27 pm
Just illustrates one of the risks of taking on kids with questionable character/legal issues in their past. Not that the past behavior suggested Olsen would necessarily get violent (though people with consistent drug problems are often very unpredictable). Rather that people will instantly question whether he should've been let in and whether the school somehow put students in danger by giving him a scholarship, which they wouldn't do for an alternative "clean" player that didn't have past issues. It makes the fallout from these things instantly worse if/when they happen.

emf

• Senior
Reply #46 on: February 21, 2017, 10:47:39 pm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:30:18 am by emf »

Nugget

• Assistant Coach
Reply #47 on: February 22, 2017, 09:29:53 am
Just illustrates one of the risks of taking on kids with questionable character/legal issues in their past. Not that the past behavior suggested Olsen would necessarily get violent (though people with consistent drug problems are often very unpredictable). Rather that people will instantly question whether he should've been let in and whether the school somehow put students in danger by giving him a scholarship, which they wouldn't do for an alternative "clean" player that didn't have past issues. It makes the fallout from these things instantly worse if/when they happen.
Do we know what his "drug problem" is?  Rules are rules and all, but if he liked to get together with Demario Mayfield and smoke a joint or two that is very different from being a meth addict.  It is still stupid when you know teams drug test players, but smoking pot makes you hungry, not violent.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #48 on: February 22, 2017, 10:03:15 am

Olsen's issues seem to stem from alcohol not drugs.

4ever niner

• Assistant Coach
Reply #49 on: February 22, 2017, 10:26:56 am
Earnest T had a crush on Charlene Darling.  The current protesters live in their parent's basement playing Doom and have never been on a date.
Off topic and a sweeping generalization.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos