Author Topic: Institutional Complacency  (Read 1842 times)

charlotte004

• Walk On
on: March 01, 2017, 01:31:05 pm
http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/02/16/texas-longhorns-tom-herman-rebuild

Thought this was an interesting article.  Obviously we're not Texas, but when I read things like "institutional complacency" and "administrative inertia" I immediately think of Judy Rose and the last 30 years.

Time for a reboot of our Athletic Department.  We won't have the money to fix a lot of our problems, but a new Athletic Director, fresh, with new ideas, thinking, solutions, is the only thing that will pull us from the depths we are in.  People say winning will solve our problems.  Winning brings in more money, exposure.  Do you trust Judy Rose with more money and exposure?  Look at the conference we are in.  That is what Judy Rose is responsible for. At worst we should be in the AAC.  Instead we are relegated to a terrible conference, playing against teams no one cares about.  Why?  The subject of this topic says it all.

winsel1081

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 02:35:00 pm
http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/02/16/texas-longhorns-tom-herman-rebuild

Thought this was an interesting article.  Obviously we're not Texas, but when I read things like "institutional complacency" and "administrative inertia" I immediately think of Judy Rose and the last 30 years.

Time for a reboot of our Athletic Department.  We won't have the money to fix a lot of our problems, but a new Athletic Director, fresh, with new ideas, thinking, solutions, is the only thing that will pull us from the depths we are in.  People say winning will solve our problems.  Winning brings in more money, exposure.  Do you trust Judy Rose with more money and exposure?  Look at the conference we are in.  That is what Judy Rose is responsible for. At worst we should be in the AAC.  Instead we are relegated to a terrible conference, playing against teams no one cares about.  Why?  The subject of this topic says it all.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:39:38 pm
Charlotte Athletics is about FAMILY. They hire family and they promote within the FAMILY.

Why do you hate FAMILY?

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:59:22 pm
Don't forget that colleges are starting to add sport analytics departments spanning all sports now.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17836319/nebraska-perfect-start-role-analytics

I forgot to add the link
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:21:47 pm by Hal Jordan »
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

cltniners

Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 06:49:58 pm
clt loves a good complancy theory.

NovaNiner

• Senior
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 08:32:57 pm
Please retire Judy.

bleedsgreenandgold

• Senior Captain
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 09:00:08 am
Don't forget that colleges are starting to add sport analytics departments spanning all sports now.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17836319/nebraska-perfect-start-role-analytics

I forgot to add the link

This is Judy's worst nightmare, detailed metrics proving that she is failing.

Can't blame her though, at $279K a year I would come up with every excuse in the book too.

NinerAlum18

• Sophomore
  • Class of 2018
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 09:17:11 am
Institutional Complacency, I don't think anything describes our athletic department and institution more perfectly than this.
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

itsbraille49

• MemberPF
  • Assistant Coach
  • I used to be arrogant, but now I'm perfect.
    • Green Tinted Glasses
Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 10:50:34 am

The horse is still alive, breathing and collecting $278k a year.

C-Pip's right.  About EVERYTHING.

(11:24:23) stonecoldken: CPip is the Cornbread of Engineers.

winsel1081

• Walk On
Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 11:28:06 am

I get that all I am saying is the weekly bitching and moaning on the board has yet to accomplish anything towards the states goal.  I think at this point everyone gets it that their is a great amount of displeasure with Judy, but why start a new thread or take over every thread with the same comments over and over. 

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein[/size][/color]

charlotte004

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 11:50:51 am

I get that all I am saying is the weekly bitching and moaning on the board has yet to accomplish anything towards the states goal.  I think at this point everyone gets it that their is a great amount of displeasure with Judy, but why start a new thread or take over every thread with the same comments over and over. 

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

This is a valid point.  We tend to re-hash the same issues, frustrations.  If anything it's cathartic to get those feelings out and on a message board.  :)   Just to follow up with that story, I believe when Mark Price arrived he had the MBB locker room gutted and updated.  From the pictures I saw, it looked like a cheesy nightclub lounge.  The point being, Judy Rose has been around too long to see the problems right in front of her face.  I'm sure she loves the University and all the folks who have come and gone.  But you can't establish a new culture, a winning culture, until you acknowledge your deficiencies.  Judy, in my humble, lowly opinion, is blind to many things.  If blindness, or institutional complacency, can take down UT's football program, then it has become crystal clear as to why our Athletic Department and revenue generating programs have fallen so far.  And why we are in the conference we are in.  My biggest gripe.

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 11:57:04 am
There was a time when someone here asking about lack of football would be fussed at for beating a dead horse.  Eventually these things hit critical mass and drive change.  There is no harm in continuing to bring up the issues we all see. 
Mahna Mahna

winsel1081

• Walk On
Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 12:48:59 pm
There was a time when someone here asking about lack of football would be fussed at for beating a dead horse.  Eventually these things hit critical mass and drive change.  There is no harm in continuing to bring up the issues we all see.

You won't get an argument from me on bringing up and pushing for things that need to be changed.
 My only gripe is why start varying threads or in every thread about a game make the same point of Judy needs to go.  Just my opinion on it though and I know it will not change how others interact on here.

49RFootballNow

• Chancellor
  • Kwisatz Haderach
    • http://www.myspace.com/stanton4949
Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 01:15:48 pm

I believe I experienced this phenomenon first hand.  ::)

NinerWupAss

• MemberPF
  • Chancellor
Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:38 pm

As dd I.  Lefty loved to tell people how football would never happen here.
Mahna Mahna

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 02:08:35 pm

As dd I.  Lefty loved to tell people how football would never happen here.

Ha!  At least I was right.  The O still sucks.
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

d_whitley

• Walk On
  • Charlotte c/o 17'
Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 02:10:26 pm
Its one thing to not change anything when athletics are widely successful and people are overflowing in the stands, but when in Judy's extremely long career has that ever been the case? Institutions that care make changes in order to be better. We don't.
#RockSolid #49ersMBB #NinerStandards
Twitter: d_whitley1 - 49Shades_Green

dmastinsc

• Freshman
Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 02:29:56 pm
You won't get an argument from me on bringing up and pushing for things that need to be changed. <-- Statement
 My only gripe is why start varying threads or in every thread about a game make the same point of Judy needs to go.  Just my opinion on it though and I know it will not change how others interact on here.  <-- Statement refuted

TheShowDawg

• MemberPF
  • Senior
Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 12:09:37 pm
"As Orlando's hometown team".

No complacency at UCF!!

Lazy river in middle of Athletic complex.

" I know it can happen, It WILL happen,"

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:12:33 pm by TheShowDawg »
In the Time of the Chimpanzee, I Was a Monkey....

49erAlumnus: It's been so long since we've been hated by anyone but...us.

jfickett

Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 12:15:43 pm

No complacency at UCF!!

I'd kill for a video like that.  Problem is, with our production quality, the audio would be off-sync the entire time and the renderings would show a bunch of students walking around the facility wearing baby blue or 49 shades of green.

cltniners

Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 06:08:59 pm

No complacency at UCF!!

I'd kill for a video like that.  Problem is, with our production quality, the audio would be off-sync the entire time and the renderings would show a bunch of students walking around the facility wearing baby blue or 49 shades of green.

clt says but they have Mickey Mouse. We are Mickey Mouse.

Mike drop. clt out.

s9er

• Head Coach
Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 06:55:49 pm

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

Same reason we have post game threads over the past 15 years. WE have nothing to discuss other than disappointment. I bet an NCAA run would keep the Fire Judy threads to 1 or 2 (still justified) threads per week.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos