Author Topic: UTEP postgame  (Read 1041 times)

ninerrbl

• Freshman
on: March 04, 2017, 11:09:25 pm
Did anybody watch this game?

I listen to the second half on the radio.

Finally our coach, and I use that term loosely, put Benas in the game and let him play 18 minutes
and he responded with 10 points. Why in the world does he not play more? He didn't get on the court
in the last two games. While "the chosen son" has  scored only 4 more points than Benas in
the last 4 games combined and that's playing 18 minutes a game.

Tough shooting game for John Davis. We plays bad the change of winning or near to none.

White is starting to play better.

Why would a big come here when Garvin is getting only 4 shots a game? Can we get the
ball inside if we had a big?

Hal Jordan

• Freshman
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 11:35:21 pm
bad free throw shooting and consecutive turnovers in the end let to the teams demise.
Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever.

9erken

• Senior Captain
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 11:57:07 pm
Watched a bit, including the end. Thought Price needed to take a timeout before their last run pushed it to double digits, not sure what he was waiting for there. It basically put the game out of reach.

The team actually seemed to play slightly better defense for some stretches, but still broke down too easily several times (often they had a wide open 3 shooter, but usually the guy missed). A lot of 2nd chances for them, rebounding continues to be a problem.

The playing time of Griciunas is a mystery to me, but I have to assume he's doing nothing in practice. He's not great, but he was big enough to help some down low. The missed free throws were disappointing, that's really this team's only real advantage over most teams.

cltniners

Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 06:55:55 am
clt says to free beans!

stonecoldken

• Chancellor
Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 08:32:31 pm
We are officially less relevant than UNCA, Gardner Webb, UNCW, Liberty, Winthrop, & College of Charleston.   :-[
CHP sold out.  I declare Nick McEntyre our Chancellor-In-Exile!

JFelt quote about CHP.  "Stake your claim.  As long as UNC-CH doesn't want it first."

Taylor Swift, Jewel, Katy Perry, SE Cupp, Jennifer Garner, Gwen Stefani, Jessica Alba, & Eva Mendes are my Baby Mama's.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 09:03:33 pm
We are officially less relevant than UNCA, Gardner Webb, UNCW, Liberty, Winthrop, & College of Charleston.   :-[
have been for a while.

Ben H

• Senior
    • WWN
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 07:51:24 am
have been for a while.

At least we still have greater resources and a bigger fanbase than those programs... at least I think we still do...

ninerrbl

• Freshman
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 09:55:16 pm
clt says to free beans!
Price has got it in his head that Benas can't help this team but his son can..SMH

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 10:05:26 pm
clt says to free beans!
Price has got it in his head that Benas can't help this team but his son can..SMH

Are we recruiting his other son?
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

cltniners

Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 06:08:51 am
clt says to free beans!

clt says sizeking.

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos