Author Topic: Re: Becky Jones  (Read 1331 times)

Becky Jones

• Walk On
on: March 04, 2017, 12:08:28 am
We have two, maybe three guys that will be on NFL rosters next year from local schools. Don't think local high school coaches don't know that.

The talent gap between FL and NC, both raw and on a per capita basis is huge. There is a reason every school wants to have ties in FL. They had like 350+ 3 star HS players last year.

Let's keep under recruiting our own backyard and recruit FL. Let's see how this turns out for us.
Or, lets see how things shake out with a new Recruiting Coordinator and some new assistants on the trail, along with our other guys.

I will save you some time here. Rather we admit it or not we know what it is. I'm not much in to pretending or acting as if that elephant isn't in the room. How about we finish this discuss after the last game of the season. During the season for every complaint you see on the field please reference back to this point.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:17:46 am by Becky Jones »

Becky Jones

• Walk On
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:12:21 am
I feel like we have been in transition for the last year or so.

We seemed to have shored that up.  Let's bag some Charlotte recruits without giving up Florida.

And if you know of someone who is a four star recruit who is dying to come here, let someone know, whether on the board or someone on the coaching staff.

Couldn't have said it better. I'm not saying not recruit out of state but we have to do better in our own backyard. In which word on the streets we haven't. Which if true is a problem. A problem I will continue to call out until we start getting some W.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:16:24 am by Becky Jones »

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 12:45:43 am
We have two, maybe three guys that will be on NFL rosters next year from local schools. Don't think local high school coaches don't know that.

The talent gap between FL and NC, both raw and on a per capita basis is huge. There is a reason every school wants to have ties in FL. They had like 350+ 3 star HS players last year.

Let's keep under recruiting our own backyard and recruit FL. Let's see how this turns out for us.
Or, lets see how things shake out with a new Recruiting Coordinator and some new assistants on the trail, along with our other guys.

I will save you some time here. Rather we admit or not we know what it is. I'm not much in to pretending or acting as if that elephant isn't in the room. How about we finish this discuss after the last game of the season. During the season for ever complaint you see on the field please reference back to this point.

Which elephant is that?  I'm not sure what you are saying here.

FSL Owner since February 2nd, 2009

Becky Jones

• Walk On
Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 01:07:35 am

I will save you some time here. Rather we admit or not we know what it is. I'm not much in to pretending or acting as if that elephant isn't in the room. How about we finish this discuss after the last game of the season. During the season for ever complaint you see on the field please reference back to this point.

Holla back at me by week 8. If you're blind the elephant will be clear by then.

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 08:06:01 am
Becky Jones seems like a woman scorned that we didn't want her son to play for us.

cltniners

Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 09:15:40 am
clt wonders if Becky has good hair.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 10:12:12 am

😆😆😆
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

NinerAlum18

• Freshman
  • Class of 2018
Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 10:18:25 am
Who knows, she just might
MAKE THE NINERS GREAT AGAIN!

Expectations Manager

• Athletic Director
Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 12:21:58 pm
Is the elephant's name Riley?
Ten people who speak make more noise than ten thousand who are silent.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 01:02:41 pm

Holla back at me by week 8. If you're blind the elephant will be clear by then.

I'm not sure what you are saying, but if you think we're going to take a step back, then I agree.

2017 is going to be a tough season.  We just lost too much. 
I also think that 2018 will be the first year we play without training wheels and that will show what Lambert can do.

Becky Jones

• Walk On
Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 10:03:38 pm

Clt jokes on me but let's see who the jokes on.

Becky Jones

• Walk On
Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 10:06:11 pm
Becky Jones seems like a woman scorned that we didn't want her son to play for us.

No son but a pointless fan wanting better. If I had a son he wouldn't be 49er with this staff.

Tintin

• Senior
Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 10:28:15 pm

No son but a pointless fan wanting better. If I had a son he wouldn't be 49er with this staff.

So what's wrong with the staff?

cltniners

Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 06:20:22 am

Clt jokes on me but let's see who the jokes on.

clt says the joke is on dee.

49er1

• Head Coach
  • Class of 1973
Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 09:26:10 am

So what's wrong with the staff?

"Becky Jones", or BJ, as she likes to be called, and we should start calling her that, seems a bit disgruntled on a personal level.   ::)
"We are not here to elevate ourselves, but the institution.
            ---- Bonnie Cone      1965 in Time magazine

" 'Reality': what a concept!"
            ---- Robin Williams

THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!

919R

• Head Coach
Reply #15 on: March 08, 2017, 01:06:33 pm

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 10:17:35 pm
What's all this crap about an elephant in a room?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

cltniners

Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 06:37:23 am
clt says this is the first female to ever post on a chat board.

49r9r

• Head Coach
Reply #18 on: March 09, 2017, 07:16:43 pm

Can we bring back the Goldduster thread?
Charlotte 49er Campus Beer Drinking Contest Runner Up 1974, 1975, 1976

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #19 on: March 09, 2017, 07:42:53 pm
what was the gal's handle that was fro harrisburg, i think.   avatar was pic of her in her wedding dress.   or am i imagining things?
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

Niner National

• Athletic Director
Reply #20 on: March 09, 2017, 08:03:47 pm
what was the gal's handle that was fro harrisburg, i think.   avatar was pic of her in her wedding dress.   or am i imagining things?
spartyniner

earlyniner

• Senior
Reply #21 on: March 09, 2017, 08:47:47 pm
exactly!   thanks.   anybody know how she's doing?   did we run her off?
"Trouble?  Life is trouble!  If you want to live--you go out and LOOK for trouble!"  (Zorba the Greek)

"Hold my beer and watch this s***!"

chasmo101

• Junior
Reply #22 on: March 09, 2017, 09:44:52 pm

Would he be better off at UNC or State, or ECU or APP???  Look at the staff each of these schools have and tell me how much turnover they have had in the past 4 years And the next 4 years there may be more change than the past 4. Several of the players have brothers here now, and there is a reason.

cltniners

Reply #23 on: March 10, 2017, 06:58:23 am

Can we bring back the Goldduster thread?

clt says amen brother

* Charlotte 49ers News

* State of Charlotte

* Videos